Previous employed with T-Mobile

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 61)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Julie in Springfield, Missouri

84 months ago

My experience with tmobile was very stressful and negative. T-Mobile talks the talk but does not walk the walk. I was told , after the fact, T-Mobile has over a 60% turnover. I now know why.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (57) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

jaybo in Richardson, Texas

68 months ago

warhamer in Gilbert, Arizona said: Thier is some serious problems with the managment at t-mobile. While Ive worked with sevral good manager here, thier are alot of them who are easly influenced and in the pockets of people who want nothing more then to have thier way at all cost. They tend to use alot of disinformation, backstabing tactics and flat out blatent blackmail if you don't follow thier belief structure. If you want to work at t-mobile be prepared to fight for your jaob everyday because you wont know who's coming after you till its to late.

You are absolutely correct. TM has the most two-faced, hypocrites in the industry. Stick Together? There is no loyalty unless you are in the clique. Awful place to work contrary to the Big 5 BS about striving to be Best Place to Work

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

T-Mobile Employee in Meridian, Idaho

67 months ago

Continued....
Often times the employee is given multiple chances to improve their performance before that step is taken. The only things that will fast track you out the door is the unforgivable things like abusing the customer or releasing your customers without cause or warning.
Is there a high turnover? Our attrition rate runs around 2.5% per month and much of that is voluntary because customer service is not for everyone. It's the kind of job that will make you or break you. Although the reps actually only work with maybe 2-3 truly difficult customers a day, many people will make personal attacks just to get under the person's skin and try to abuse the person into giving them what they want.
I admit that as a company we do have opportunities, but we take our feedback and truly consider what the customer wants. We can't always fix everything, and there is the consumer accountability peice that customers often time fail to consider. Ultimately, we will continue to improve but in the end there will always be turnover.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (26) Reply - Report abuse

The Penguin in Kansas City, Missouri

66 months ago

I got fired from T-Mobile in Kansas a few weeks ago. My entire team was told the last few months that we "needed to decide if this was the job for us". Well, the truth was there was a hiring freeze everywhere I went besides customer service, so I stayed and a bunch of us got fired. Does anyone know how the company fights unemployment claims.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

I cannot speak to your specific location or circumstance, but traditionally there is so much documentation regarding coaching and opportunities to improve that T-Mobile can usually substantiate the reason for unemployment. Depending on your state's requirements for unemployment claims, if the company can prove that the termination was with cause, your claim can be denied. I have seen several instances where proper documentation for termination was provided to the unemployment agency to justify loss of employment. I work in a right to work state, so the requirements for termination are much less strict than others. Again, I don't know about your situation so you will want to discuss it with your case worker.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

Since I wasn't terminated for misconduct, then I qualified for unemployment. If I had done something like sell company secrets or cuss out a customer I would not have qualified for unemployment. I just never had to file for unemployment, so I didn't know what the situation was.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

I'm glad you were able to get supplemental income until you can find something else. The economy is tough, so I'm sure that this will help you at least stay above water. Each state is so different in what is considered "justified" that it's hard to say. In Idaho simply not meeting job expectations can disqualify you so I'm happy for you that your state has a system that is more favorable to the employee. Good luck in your job search!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Tieeshean in Bronx, New York

64 months ago

I have mixed feelings about Tmobile....I've applied there numerous times and after months of waiting I finally got my first interview.I have previous mobile sale experience. So I say it fit to join another mobile company. Well after my first interview I was promised a call. 1 week passed.....no call. 2 weeks passed......no call. 3 weeks was about to pass then I finally I got the call to attend a second interview. I was so excited about it. When arrived to my interview that day I was turned away, my interviewer was in a meeting. the sales rep was helpful in wanting to take my resume but I didnt see the need to do that because I already gave them one on my first interview. I was contacted by one of the manager and she apologised for the inconvenience. I was promised to be contact by the interviewer to reschedule. Well i didnt hear from him so i sent him an email. No answer. Turns out he is out sick. I hope he gets well so. All in all....I got in contact with a different manager and she is trying to work out something for me so i can be interviewed again.

My question is has anybody else experienced this problem.

I will keep you guys updated on my journey towards employment there

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

I do know that the training is much better in the call centers than the retail outlets. If you could get a job in the call center and then transfer after about 8 months, that would be to your advantage if this is a long-term career for you. One other thing to keep in mind is that the call center management does not support anything that goes wrong in the retail environment. So, basically if you or another sales agent isn't properly trained and tells a customer by accident that a plan includes something it does not, like text messaging blocking for instance, and a customer gets a $1,500.00 bill, it will almost always be up to the retail manager to issue a credit. T-Mobile almost always refers customers back to retail environment for wrong information given there. Getting a credit through the call center is not likely to happen, even in the case of employee error. However, when I lost my job, credits looked like they were getting easier to come by than the last 2 years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

jlhennessey in Waterville, Maine

61 months ago

I started with T-mobile in September 2008 and left in December. It was not that T-mobile was bad at all, I actually found out I was pregnant right after starting and found it hard to focus in their extensive training and was sick all of the time so I left for personal reasons. My fiance still works there and he loves it. It is not for everyone because calls can be frustrating but they really do try their hardest to accommodate everyones needs and try their hardest to take care of their employees but you can't please everyone. I am trying to get back in and hope they will give me another shot at it now that I had my baby and everything is settled. I think they are a great company to work for. Pay is excellent, benefits are awesome, and the people are very nice to each other.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

jlhennessey in Waterville, Maine

61 months ago

jaybo in Richardson, Texas said: You are absolutely correct. TM has the most two-faced, hypocrites in the industry. Stick Together? There is no loyalty unless you are in the clique. Awful place to work contrary to the Big 5 BS about striving to be Best Place to Work

remember some things are what you make them!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

LPerry in Fairfield, Maine

61 months ago

I worked there from October 2008 to December 2008. I got done because my 73yo mother in law lives with us and had to have heart surgery and couldn't be left alone. I too am trying to get back in there. I filled out the app online 2 days ago and I am hoping to hear from them soon. Good Luck jlhennessey!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jayroc143 in Livermore Falls, Maine

61 months ago

LPerry in Fairfield, Maine said: I worked there from October 2008 to December 2008. I got done because my 73yo mother in law lives with us and had to have heart surgery and couldn't be left alone. I too am trying to get back in there. I filled out the app online 2 days ago and I am hoping to hear from them soon. Good Luck jlhennessey!!

Great News if you are looking for a job with T-Mobile in Maine......They are hiring many people before the end of the year. I just graduated the training program and I am very excited to join production. I love it so far. The "bad" calls are a challenge for me and I don't take it personal. That is the key I think. But I am new so it may begin to weigh on me. Good Luck LPerry - hope to see you there soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

CONFUSED IN VIRGINIA in SOMEWHERE

60 months ago

I am having a first interview for an Account Development Representative next week. The interview is over 3 hours away. After reading these forums I am wondering if anyone has any information, salary quotes, requirements,stress level, company moral,and anything else that would help so I can decide if it will be worth the drive to this city. Thanks in advance

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

That job may not be too bad. Before I got fired I spoke with some people about transferring to Seattle, to do a job I actually wanted like marketing or research, I couldn't decide if I wanted to move there or not, so never did. I hear that the corporate jobs are good and the environment is completely different. It's just the customer service and retail sales are the lowest jobs, so they have the worst environment and pay. They are the ones who have to deal with all of the customers all of the time, so that is always hard.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

HappyIdaho in Boise, Idaho

58 months ago

T-Mobile employee in meridian is the typical worker bee of tmobile.

And yeah the company reports 2% because they are looking at it in complex statistical manner. The true attrition rate is the amount of people at the center that leave divided by the amount of people that stay. On a yearly basis this number is about 50-60% at call centers. They laid off all their sales reps and outsourced T-Mobile stores. Graciously they allowed the store reps to apply for call center positions if they were able to move to a call center on their own.

I did not like it there. The culture became obsessed with change, often times caused grief of workers. "if its not broken, break it" and oh yeah they did just that LOL! Sorry, in these economic hard times, don't hesititate to suck that company dry and work there. But don't say I didn't warn you. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

alamerang in Harlingen, Texas

56 months ago

I worked at T-Mobile for about a year and it was seriously the worst decision I ever made. I have worked in other call centers for over 10 years and I know how stressful they can be, but T-Mobile really takes the cake. I was working in a business support role and not on the phones and no matter where you are working, you are slowly brain washed into thinking that everything is always your fault. I honestly have never been treated so bad by any other company. (Hell my ex-wife didn't even treat me so bad)
When I started there, within 2 weeks I was already being treated like crap by others in management. Nothing you do is ever right and if you are not in someone's little clique then chances are you're on the way out as soon as they can either get you to quit or try to get you fired.
I have never encountered people so petty and disrespectful in a management position. It seemed like every day I was trying to hang out with the cool kids in high school just to get my job done. What one person said I did right, someone else hated. It seems like company policy to keep you thinking that you can never do anything right and when you complain they throw that "Values" crap at you. Its like a freaking cult.
Seriously, it you want to work at T-Mobile, find out who the cool kids in management are and then get in good with them or you'll be out of a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

knight2010 in Augusta, Maine

56 months ago

T-Mobile Employee in Meridian, Idaho said: I cannot speak to your specific location or circumstance, but traditionally there is so much documentation regarding coaching and opportunities to improve that T-Mobile can usually substantiate the reason for unemployment. Depending on your state's requirements for unemployment claims, if the company can prove that the termination was with cause, your claim can be denied. I have seen several instances where proper documentation for termination was provided to the unemployment agency to justify loss of employment. I work in a right to work state, so the requirements for termination are much less strict than others. Again, I don't know about your situation so you will want to discuss it with your case worker.

Its who, not what, you know. In the Maine call center, the management and job sucks. They treat people like dirt, promise things they never deliver, and look for ways to score calls low. Because it's Maine. In other call centers, the atmosphere is professional and all are treated equally. In Maine, the employer knows that the workers can't find other jobs that pay what they pay, so they know they have a lock on them and that they will work no matter what they do to them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

T-Mobile Employee in Meridian, Idaho said: I cannot speak to your specific location or circumstance, but traditionally there is so much documentation regarding coaching and opportunities to improve that T-Mobile can usually substantiate the reason for unemployment. Depending on your state's requirements for unemployment claims, if the company can prove that the termination was with cause, your claim can be denied. I have seen several instances where proper documentation for termination was provided to the unemployment agency to justify loss of employment. I work in a right to work state, so the requirements for termination are much less strict than others. Again, I don't know about your situation so you will want to discuss it with your case worker.

They document whatever they want and the employee has no say. They want to fire you, they will document what they want to make it reasonable. They even make things up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

The Penguin in Kansas City, Missouri said: I do know that the training is much better in the call centers than the retail outlets. If you could get a job in the call center and then transfer after about 8 months, that would be to your advantage if this is a long-term career for you. One other thing to keep in mind is that the call center management does not support anything that goes wrong in the retail environment. So, basically if you or another sales agent isn't properly trained and tells a customer by accident that a plan includes something it does not, like text messaging blocking for instance, and a customer gets a $1,500.00 bill, it will almost always be up to the retail manager to issue a credit. T-Mobile almost always refers customers back to retail environment for wrong information given there. Getting a credit through the call center is not likely to happen, even in the case of employee error. However, when I lost my job, credits looked like they were getting easier to come by than the last 2 years.

Retail barely trains their employees. The store reps promise the customer the world, know nothing of policy, then direct the angry customer to the CSR's. Any idiot off the street can be a retail rep.

56 months ago

jlhennessey in Waterville, Maine said: remember some things are what you make them!

Uh huh... Right. Sure.

56 months ago

The Penguin in Kansas City, Missouri said: That job may not be too bad. Before I got fired I spoke with some people about transferring to Seattle, to do a job I actually wanted like marketing or research, I couldn't decide if I wanted to move there or not, so never did. I hear that the corporate jobs are good and the environment is completely different. It's just the customer service and retail sales are the lowest jobs, so they have the worst environment and pay. They are the ones who have to deal with all of the customers all of the time, so that is always hard.

I have an MBA, and couldn't get promoted in Maine. Yes, the job itself is not terribly bad, though most customers are angry. It's just the managment that sucks. They expect you to empathize (i.e. feel what the customer feels) with the customer even when they are being unreasonable. If you tell the customer "no" or say something they don't like, they say you could have used a better tone or verbage. I think it could be a great company if management cared about the reps. They don't. You do have to move out of state to get a good job in that company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

alamerang in Harlingen, Texas said: I worked at T-Mobile for about a year and it was seriously the worst decision I ever made. I have worked in other call centers for over 10 years and I know how stressful they can be, but T-Mobile really takes the cake. I was working in a business support role and not on the phones and no matter where you are working, you are slowly brain washed into thinking that everything is always your fault. I honestly have never been treated so bad by any other company. (Hell my ex-wife didn't even treat me so bad)
When I started there, within 2 weeks I was already being treated like crap by others in management. Nothing you do is ever right and if you are not in someone's little clique then chances are you're on the way out as soon as they can either get you to quit or try to get you fired.
I have never encountered people so petty and disrespectful in a management position. It seemed like every day I was trying to hang out with the cool kids in high school just to get my job done. What one person said I did right, someone else hated. It seems like company policy to keep you thinking that you can never do anything right and when you complain they throw that "Values" crap at you. Its like a freaking cult.
Seriously, it you want to work at T-Mobile, find out who the cool kids in management are and then get in good with them or you'll be out of a job.

Your ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! The brain-washing thing. In the end, until I wised up, I thought I was just not a good rep (though I started with 4's and 5's in my quality - the company scoring got harder and harder) like I used to be when I began. I was actually one of the best at my job and didn't even know it. If you don't like what they say, they DO give you the values stuff. On another note... IF you are in the right clique you WILL have a great career. Promotions, bonuses... But don't be a free-thinker and don't step on ANYONE'S toes!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

crystal in Saint Louis, Missouri

46 months ago

does anyone know how long the call center training classes are I have heard 3 and 8 weeks? Would like to clarify if possible.

46 months ago

8 weeks when I was there.

crystal in Kansas City, Missouri

46 months ago

will they hire u if u have an old bill with the company

46 months ago

I'd clear that up firstly.

HappyWishes in Catasauqua, Pennsylvania

46 months ago

The Penguin in Kansas City, Missouri said: I got fired from T-Mobile in Kansas a few weeks ago. My entire team was told the last few months that we "needed to decide if this was the job for us". Well, the truth was there was a hiring freeze everywhere I went besides customer service, so I stayed and a bunch of us got fired. Does anyone know how the company fights unemployment claims.

I was let go from T-Mobile earlier today. About half of my team, including myself, was getting that same exact quote, "needed to decide if this was the job for us." Apparently T-Mobile corporate employees train their supervisors nationwide to be robots. I'm in PA. I heard last week that T-Mobile fired more than 500 people since January for not meeting company expectations.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

alamerang in Harlingen, Texas said: I worked at T-Mobile for about a year and it was seriously the worst decision I ever made. I have worked in other call centers for over 10 years and I know how stressful they can be, but T-Mobile really takes the cake. I was working in a business support role and not on the phones and no matter where you are working, you are slowly brain washed into thinking that everything is always your fault. I honestly have never been treated so bad by any other company. (Hell my ex-wife didn't even treat me so bad)

You are so right alamerang in Harlingen, Texas. I could not have said it better myself. I was let go earlier today after working with the company for 12 years. I began as a Omnipoint employee and then a Voicestream employee and then a T-Mobile employee. No matter what you do, it is wrong. I was on the phones most of the time, so I found your comment amusing since you were in Business Support. On the phones, you are either making the customer happy or making the company happy. On a rare occasion, both happened but these likely were not the calls getting monitored.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

knight2010 in Augusta, Maine said: Your ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! The brain-washing thing. In the end, until I wised up, I thought I was just not a good rep (though I started with 4's and 5's in my quality - the company scoring got harder and harder) like I used to be when I began. I was actually one of the best at my job and didn't even know it. If you don't like what they say, they DO give you the values stuff. On another note... IF you are in the right clique you WILL have a great career. Promotions, bonuses... But don't be a free-thinker and don't step on ANYONE'S toes!

I started out getting high quality scores also and then towards the end, I was barely getting a 2.75. If you want to work for T-Mobile, be prepared to kiss a lot of ass or else you will be on the phones most of the time like myself. Our team manager already sent me an email stating that she listened to a call and I should have offered a warranty exchange on a non-Tmobile device. That was the cake! I knew I was on my way out then. T-Mobile will put anything in your file when they want to get rid of you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

If you are attractive in any sense of the word, I would not apply for T-Mobile. The whole company nationwide will hate you. When a rock star calls and needs help with his voicemail, you should hang up on him and that would be an instant promotion for you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Happily an EX tmobile employee in Wichita, Kansas

45 months ago

I wonder if you'll feel the same when you're "no longer with the company"

45 months ago

Julie in Springfield, Missouri said: My experience with tmobile was very stressful and negative. T-Mobile talks the talk but does not walk the walk. I was told , after the fact, T-Mobile has over a 60% turnover. I now know why.

I wonder if a class action lawsuit is in order. I developed a SEVERE anxiety issue working for this employer. So much so that I had attacks often 3-4 times per week. I used FMLA I did everything I could. Now they're fighting me on unemployment. Saying I didn't try hard enough to stay there. Tmobile sucks. We so should have had a union.

And I am mad that they are fighting my unemployemnt. I moved to freaking Kansas from Washington after hearing that there were much more "advancement" oppertunities here. I didn't want to have to quit my job. My doctor told me to quit. Now they are fighting me after they made me crazy. JERKS.

45 months ago

They do brain wash you! It's so horrible. They completely change how you see everything. and God forbid you have an opinion!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

T-Mobile Employee in Meridian, Idaho said: I am a floor supervisor in one of the call centers, and I can say after nearly 4 years I've never had a problem with the values of T-Mobile. Keep in mind that those who are no longer employed with the company are that way for a reason.
I know that it is often difficult to adapt to a constantly changing environment, but that is what happens in the technology industry. Prior to T-Mobile I worked in the computer industry, and it was no different. As far as stressful, yes it is as any customer service job is. Is it a game of politics? Any job is, you need to show support of the values publicly and voice your concerns privately.
Customer Service is one of the most difficult jobs to do, as it requires the ability to multi-task, knowledge of the products and services, ability to use the tools and resources provided, and thick skin. Customers often times use the reps as a sounding board and take out their entire day or even week of frustration. Often times, people forget that the person that they are talking to is human being with feelings, but that is a mute point because that is what you are paid to do. "

STILL BRAIN WASHED!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

TmoRep03 in Colorado Springs, Colorado

45 months ago

I've worked with T-Mobile for 7 years now. I guess I'm lucky as far as management is concerned b/c I feel like I'm well supported. I will be quitting next year though, I'm getting married and feel like it's time to move on. Plus, it's a very stressful job and customer's are just getting worse and worse. I will say though that there are some people I work who everyone thinks the sun shines out their @$$ so therefore they do get special privileges. That I find very annoying and not to mention the FMLA abusers. Other than that, the pay is great and the benefits are awesome. I will miss the friends I've made there and the phone plan.. but I will NOT miss the job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rich

45 months ago

If you are not satisfied with your employer, you can post a complaint about your employer on americancomplaintcenter.invisionzone.com today, no sign up is needed

Rich

45 months ago

At americancomplaintcenter.invisionzone.com u can post a complaint about your employer

Milton in Salem, Oregon

44 months ago

Wichita- I can't help agreeing with you. I've been a call center rep a loong time, and I can count the floor supervisors that have lasted one one hand. I wish the best for Meridian and all, but as much as they crow about "team together", When you fail, you fail alone.
I can't even imagine how much pressure the supervisors are under, now that sales quotas have been thrown into the mix.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sick of the pink T in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

42 months ago

The new sales quotas are ridiculous. Company is going the wrong way!!! People don't want anything sold to them. They want quality, with that you will have them wanting to buy and keep what they buy. Shoving product "value" to meet quota is going to piss off alot of customers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Wired in Durham, North Carolina

37 months ago

It happens to me on my 1st interview the ast mgr forgot to tell the mgr I was coming admittedly this a little offsetting but I have had interviews 2 and 3 now so... The waiting game.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

buzzard in Redmond, Oregon

33 months ago

T-Mobile Employee in Meridian, Idaho said: Continued....
Often times the employee is given multiple chances to improve their performance before that step is taken. The only things that will fast track you out the door is the unforgivable things like abusing the customer or releasing your customers without cause or warning.
Is there a high turnover? Our attrition rate runs around 2.5% per month and much of that is voluntary because customer service is not for everyone. It's the kind of job that will make you or break you. Although the reps actually only work with maybe 2-3 truly difficult customers a day, many people will make personal attacks just to get under the person's skin and try to abuse the person into giving them what they want.
I admit that as a company we do have opportunities, but we take our feedback and truly consider what the customer wants. We can't always fix everything, and there is the consumer accountability peice that customers often time fail to consider. Ultimately, we will continue to improve but in the end there will always be turnover.

Quit changing the standards or raising the bar. I remember from 2003 to 2008 we looked forward to Employee of the Month, quarterly and annual bonuses, recognition, advancement, openness around the center, and other things. After that time frame, bonuses started going away, it was a waste of time to access domoregetmore.com (obviosly, no points for gift cards), I was friends with 5 coaches and 1 TM on Facebook then all of the sudden, out of the blue, if you were CSR those coaches and TMs disappeared off your Facebook account(SR Reps stayed). Every month there was always 20/30, sometimes even 50+ people becoming Top Performers, not anymore. Seeing one Top Performer now is shocker. One thing that is consistent is those 20 people I speak with were all Top Performers, were high on the pay scale, got fired for doing the job correctly, just not to the tippy top of the TM standards.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

33 months ago

buzzard in Redmond, Oregon said: Quit changing the standards or raising the bar. I remember from 2003 to 2008 we looked forward to Employee of the Month, quarterly and annual bonuses, recognition, advancement, openness around the center, and other things. After that time frame, bonuses started going away, it was a waste of time to access domoregetmore.com (obviosly, no points for gift cards), I was friends with 5 coaches and 1 TM on Facebook then all of the sudden, out of the blue, if you were CSR those coaches and TMs disappeared off your Facebook account(SR Reps stayed). Every month there was always 20/30, sometimes even 50+ people becoming Top Performers, not anymore. Seeing one Top Performer now is shocker. One thing that is consistent is those 20 people I speak with were all Top Performers, were high on the pay scale, got fired for doing the job correctly, just not to the tippy top of the TM standards.

My experience was obviously much different than the guy who said he had only 2-3 difficult customers in a day. Every day, I usually got about 1-2 decent customers a day. By decent, I mean that they spoke to me with respect and like they wanted help. Also, the decent customers spoke to me in the tone and manner I speak to csr's when I call other companies for service. The decent customers call in with 1-2 issues and not 3-5 issues on each phone on their family account to make sure they keep you on the phone for at least 30-60 minutes. Many customers called in to pick fights with me while I was a csr/pda tech rep. It really seemed a lot of their customers weren't actually seeking help, almost like they just wanted to fight. T-Mobile needs to start terminating its customers for being abusive to its reps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Happily an Ex Employee of T-Mobile in Birmingham, Alabama

29 months ago

T-Mobile Employee in Meridian, Idaho said: Continued....

I can speak for the location that I worked for, but this doesn't mean that it's like that throughout the entire company. I am aware that there are certain things that a company looks for in a employee, and as a employee there are certain things that we (employees) look for in a company. I know you said that people are fired for a reason or something about tarnishing the company. I have been in customer service for over 20 years, and I quit only because I didn't want to be tarnished by the upper management that represented the company. Cont'd

Happily an Ex Employee of T-Mobile in Birmingham, Alabama

29 months ago

Happily an Ex Employee of T-Mobile in Birmingham, Alabama said: I can speak for the location that I worked for, but this doesn't mean that it's like that throughout the entire company. I am aware that there are certain things that a company looks for in a employee, and as a employee there are certain things that we (employees) look for in a company. I know you said that people are fired for a reason or something about tarnishing the company. I have been in customer service for over 20 years, and I quit only because I didn't want to be tarnished by the upper management that represented the company. Cont'd

I have worked in a very demanding, fast pace, stressful enivornment that does not bother me not at all, but this particular site (Birmingham, AL) represent all but, the professionalism. This site is very high schoolish, and only go by face value...I saw that first hand for myself. This company has hidden agendas just like credits cards have hidden fees.

Mrs.Smith in Littleton, Colorado

22 months ago

I have never had to do this either, they took the all of my Oct metrics, which mind you I wasn;t there all of October due to my husband being hospitalized 2x that month and then I was told I needed help for stress. Anyway I spoke to the Director of Operations and he claims to have a vested interest in seeing me suceed. The same day I got seperated from my job I spoke to the Director and he did not mention a word about that being my last day. In fact he clarified a question I had about a call. It seems as soon as he left for the day I was fired. I told them it was unfair to force me to fiz an already ruined month of metrics in a couple of days. I was looking forward to this month to show them what I could do and they did not care. I will end up homeless with my children & a husband who suffers from congestive heart failure. They just do not care. I know why they did not have a hard time letting me go they just hired 80 people of the streets and I cost too much to keep. This was after 5yrs of service.

Disgusted in Chattanooga, Tennessee

19 months ago

It's not the customers that are the problem - it's "management." In training they feed you misinformation, blatant lies that you come to find out after you actually start working on the floor. The metrics are impossible to meet unless you unethically sell people things they eventually won't pay for and then call another rep to claim they didn't ask for. Besides that, the coaches and sr reps are not there to help you. Mine have ignored me when I needed assistance to help a customer. They scream right near you so that you cannot hear the customers. I had a customer complain to me about the loud background noise. Yesterday alone I had most of my customers complaining about lack of good customer service, fraudulent charges and practices that will never, ever win TM any awards. All the bull crap about JD Power is just that. Customers don't want an upsell when they call to say they can't afford their bills. Until they change their ways, TM will continue to waste money on training new hires who quit immediately. If they really truly cared about their reputation, they'd actually listen to their customers and provide the front line reps who deal with them the support they need to win back their confidence.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Chattanooga call center is the worst. in Dalton, Georgia

19 months ago

Management is the main problem. If you are not in their little cliques you are no one .I was told many bad thing about t mobile before I went to work there thinking I had made the right choice. Right off the bat I had a bad feeling about the place, the training is a total waste of time, you are not trained on anything that had to do with real life on the floor. They say they have an open door policy but that is also another joke. They push values and expectations on all new hires, but when you hit the floor it is all about the sales. SALE even if the customer wants it or not. If you can pay you bill offer them a more costly service. HELLO if the customer can't pay for what they have if we are a values based service provider should we not have options the truly help the root cause. I hope someone will form a class action lawsuit about how badly employees are truly treated. I signed a union petition and it did not talk long before I was gone. T Mobile Truly does not care about its customers or employees.

Upset and horrible in Chattanooga, Tennessee

18 months ago

All I can say is if you want to work for this company before you accept that offer to even start training do a thorough research on the company and the policies. You will read such good things about the benefits, and working there. Some will even throw the "you make it to be how you want it". No matter how hard you try they will keep pushing you. You will have to meet metric goals and most of all make sales! and people are calling about their bill being so high.They really don't have money to spend anymore. I mean it's a complete mess! Don't work there it's horrible! Worst place I ever was in. In training they don't even give you the information you need on the floor so when you get on the floor week 5 first day you will not have a clue and they will expect you to be the best and know everything.You may even be able to help customers and resolve most of their issues but they will want sales out of you. And also they do have cliques if you don't buddy with them they will make stuff up about you and try to terminate you.Don't bow down. It's devilish also how I know is because there is (6) balloons everywhere around. They are perceptive! AHa

Seraph23 in Goose Creek, South Carolina

16 months ago

Everyone has their opinions... I have had great success at T-mo, and I bleed magenta every day. The metrics are SIMPLE to meet (I was over 100% to goal my first week out of training and received a PRODUCTION bonus the same month NOT A PHASED BONUS) Being able to hear a customer explain their situation, show concern for the problem, give reassurance of help, maintain composure for really negative customers, fix the problem, visually audit the account, offer (You do NOT have to make a sale... RELEVANT OFFERING IS THE ONLY REQUIREMENT), clearing up any final questions, educating customer about what to expect once the resolution is in place, and notating the account in 5 minutes.... EASY!!!! I work 10 production hours a day on the phone and take between 90-110 calls per day. Its repetition. After a while, you've heard every problem there is, and you can have the solution ready and waiting before the customer ever finishes talking, not to mention notate what you're going to do while they are talking because second nature... Hell, I even spend time on my phone because the customer is still explaining the situation (and we are not allowed to cut-off the customer when they are speaking) because I've already solved the problem, decided what to offer them, and just wait for them to finish. WORST case scenario: Customer wants to cancel. Ask why. Try to change their mind. Overcome ONE hesitation. Transfer to loyalty. Easiest Step-by-Step job in the world. Not to mention, we are given the freedom to decide if the customer deserves credits to their account, we don't need to ask permission. I work for the Charleston Call Center: Continuously ranked #1 site in the Eastern Region...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.