Teksystems - BS, fraud

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Project Manager 2009 in Chicago, Illinois

61 months ago

TEKsystems is the largest recruiting agency in the country. Like any company you need to get a P.O.C in order to get your resume in front of clients. They are not a fraud they are actually a leading provider in IT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

Adam Maloney in Saint Charles, Illinois

58 months ago

I had a bad experience with TekSystems last week. I had a phone interview and the recruiter called me a couple minutes late. Aren't headhunters supposed to be doing there job to find potential candidates for a job? Since, I'm a Marketing minor, isn't that really the whole concept of Marketing yourself to clients. Than after I told her I wasn't interested anymore in the job at TekSystems, I emailed her back and asked her for suggestions on where to locate a Sales/Marketing position and she didn't help me one bit. I even asked if we could meet and discuss ways to get myself out there for interviews. All she suggested was practice interviewing with my family and friends and locate jobs at my former school's career center.

The whole point of recruiting is trying to find the best candidates for the job and helping candidates land a position within a good company. Also, helping candidates prep for the interviews. This recruiter didn't want to help one bit! The economy isn't good and headhunters should be doing their job, instead of ignoring candidates.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (39) Reply - Report abuse

stealth_rider in Eau Claire, Wisconsin

50 months ago

I've worked for TEK about 2 weeks now as a contractor and i can say they seem legit. My recruiting agent is pretty knowledgeable, he got me the job i wanted and the pay isn't that far off the state average. The one complaint i have about the company is when it comes to actually getting your I-9 setup and benefits the people in charge of that department are all airheads. Other then that no problems but in my experiences with past employers it is a plus to get a letter of recommendation while still working there to combat any negative feeling after you left like the previous poster pointed out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

guynraleigh in Raleigh, North Carolina

48 months ago

I agreee with all the information here, they call and offer you something and you don't have the qualifications for the jon them tell you don't think this will be a fit. Why call some one and knowing you have the resume in front of you and you skill set.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

2011_positive@tds.net in Elkhorn, Wisconsin

44 months ago

Adam,
First of all, just because a recruiter is five minutes late in calling you is not a 'valid mindset' for someone that is trying to find gainful employment. Obviously if you have worked for any extended period of time at a job you may have found yourself in a perhaps similar situation whereas you may have not been able to meet your communication obligation to the very second as promised. Hey, things in life happen.

Second of all, what makes you believe that you should be provided with career counseling through TEK Systems and/or by their representatives especially since you previous to asking for career advise you told them to take a hike??!!! They are in business to find companies new hires, not to hold your hand and be a career counselor.

It's truly a shame that you have such a myopic narcissistic self centered perceptive of 'entitlement' in such economically difficult times that this Nation has not seen the likes of since the Great Depression.

Perhaps a bit of empathy and humbleness would get you father in your career.

Sincerely,

Patti S.J. Mackenzie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

2011_positive@tds.net in Elkhorn, Wisconsin

44 months ago

This reply was to above post by:

Mario in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

In my opinoin, they are just awful. in Hatboro, Pennsylvania

20 months ago

I always run from these recruitment agencies and if I were you would do the same. It doesn't matter your experience over the phone with them, no human resources nor technological knowledge is required at TEKSystems to be a recruiter. Anyone that worked at TEKSystems I dealt with were no help to anyone. Remember, these people are looking for people for jobs not jobs for people. Many companies go to these people because they lack the technological background to hire the right people but wind up paying agencies like this to act like a middle man. Problem is that these agencies lack the background as well. Whether you are an employer or a job seeker when you see these agencies, don't waste your time. Many times they are just recruiting for people that run their own ads but can't keep or hire the right people. Just run from them. They are truly obnoxious and look as you as cattle for sale and that is it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

In my opinoin, they are just awful. in Hatboro, Pennsylvania

20 months ago

Adam Maloney in Saint Charles, Illinois said:
The whole point of recruiting is trying to find the best candidates for the job and helping candidates land a position within a good company. Also, helping candidates prep for the interviews. This recruiter didn't want to help one bit! The economy isn't good and headhunters should be doing their job, instead of ignoring candidates.

I agree with the other comment. These are the last people you should be asking for job counseling. They are not an employment agency, they are a recruitment agency. They do not find jobs for people, they find people for jobs--big difference. I wouldn't have an issue with being a couple minutes late. I had one company, where the HR rep was a former TEKSystems headhunter call me 50 minutes late. The HR rep said he gave me the wrong time but the call from the hiring manager was still even later than that. In another instance the company did not call at all. The last interview I was at I sat in a conference room for 40 minutes until finally walking out. It can be difficult when companies get too many applicants so they begin to treat them poorly but hopefully this will change as the economy improves and Congress does something about H1-B abuses.

As far as getting prepped for interviews or career advice, contact the career center at the college you attended.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.