Target Executive for 8yrs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (32)

T no More in Elkton, Kentucky

84 months ago

Use to be a great company to work for about 5 years ago. Now it is the company to stay away from.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (72) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

T no More in Elkton, Kentucky

84 months ago

If you are considering to work for them I can give you a lot of insight.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (66) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Tom-ct

84 months ago

yes U R correct - especially my impression from their pharmacy hiring stupid-visors..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

T NO MORE in Millersville, Missouri

84 months ago

Charlotte in Los Angeles, California said: I applied for Target a couple of days ago..seemed like a good company to work for? You had a bad time of it? Please let me know

They won't let me "POST" to much for negative comments or personal attacks on the company. Ask around before excepting the Job, it may not be as it seems. Search the web for more info.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jones

84 months ago

T no More in Elkton, Kentucky said: Use to be a great company to work for about 5 years ago. Now it is the company to stay away from.

--

I definitely hear you for sure about Target,, their pharmacy hiring process is for the birds - consisting of a pysch-test that has a multitude of "what to you do if you find a fellow employee stealing a candy-bar?".. I answered to ask him to giv eme half of it - it was a snickers-bar...

:>)-

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Bee

83 months ago

T no More in Elkton, Kentucky said: Use to be a great company to work for about 5 years ago. Now it is the company to stay away from.

Hmmmmm, I am still working at Target, 4 yrs + and I understand what you mean, it gets worse by the day, I am seeking other options as I write this reply

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Charlotte in Los Angeles, California

83 months ago

Really? Wow! I've been trying to get an interview for about three weeks now...Why is it declining?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Bee

83 months ago

Charlotte in Los Angeles, California said: Really? Wow! I've been trying to get an interview for about three weeks now...Why is it declining?

In my opinion, they are not hiring enough people to get the jobs done, plus the less people they actually have working the more perks management gets. Target seems to not care about their employees like they did when I first started to work there. Good luck with getting your interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

Thanks...it's been a bit of a challenge. Seems like they're REALLY busy.
Are you and Executive?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Bee

83 months ago

Charlotte in Los Angeles, California said: Thanks...it's been a bit of a challenge. Seems like they're REALLY busy.
Are you and Executive?

Yes, they are REALLY busy, at least they are at my store. No, I am not an Executive, just a Team Member, and for the record, I happen to love my job, I just don't always agree with everything I see, but this is at every job everywhere. I believe management should be more aware of what happens in his/her store and be more involved in day to day activities. Talk to me, I deal with "Guest" on a one on one basis, not the Executives at the store.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Val in Rock Hill, South Carolina

83 months ago

Hi all - I posted a comment/question on here a while ago and no one has answered me...does anyone have any input as to what an ETL - AP would pay? I applied for a team lead position in AP and they said I was overqualified and bumped me up to ETL. ...What's the job like? They called me last nite to ask me what my 'regional preference' was. Does that sound like they are getting ready to make an offer?
Sitting on pins and needles...please advise!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Bee

83 months ago

Sure sounds like they are about to offer you a position...as an executive....that is what ETL mean....Executive Team Leader. More money I am sure than just a team lead position in AP...I work in a SuperTarget and love it...are you looking at a SuperTarget or a regular Target? I just know as an ETL it comes with a lot of responsibility and you will have team leads working under you...and if it is like my store, you will also be LOD at times...Leader On Duty..you will be responsibile for the entire store, you and other LOD's on duty...Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Scott in Garland, Texas

83 months ago

I have exceptional credentials (30 years in corporate security and law enforcement) and have applied for a corporate security position but keep getting "no thank you" emails. What am i doing wrong? what is the security directors or CSO's name and email address?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Scott in Garland, Texas

83 months ago

Bee said: Sure sounds like they are about to offer you a position...as an executive....that is what ETL mean....Executive Team Leader. More money I am sure than just a team lead position in AP...I work in a SuperTarget and love it...are you looking at a SuperTarget or a regular Target? I just know as an ETL it comes with a lot of responsibility and you will have team leads working under you...and if it is like my store, you will also be LOD at times...Leader On Duty..you will be responsibile for the entire store, you and other LOD's on duty...Good Luck

I have exceptional credentials (30 years in corporate security and law enforcement) and have applied for a corporate security position but keep getting "no thank you" emails. What am i doing wrong? what is the security directors or CSO's name and email address?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bee

83 months ago

Scott in Garland, Texas said: I have exceptional credentials (30 years in corporate security and law enforcement) and have applied for a corporate security position but keep getting "no thank you" emails. What am i doing wrong? what is the security directors or CSO's name and email address?

Sorry Scott, I have NO idea, Go to Target.com and see if you can find any information or call your local Target store...I know nothing about Target security..that is not my department.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

I've applied as well for ETL...and I haven't heard anything. I finally gave up. I excited about it too...they just ignored me. I've been in management for about 8 years..thought it was enough

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Scott in Garland, Texas

83 months ago

where is their corporate hq anyway?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Bee

83 months ago

Minneapolis, MN

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bee

83 months ago

Charlotte in Los Angeles, California said: I've applied as well for ETL...and I haven't heard anything. I finally gave up. I excited about it too...they just ignored me. I've been in management for about 8 years..thought it was enough

Charlotte, I have heard (from several team leads in my store) that it is very hard to come in off the street and be hired as ETL unless you are just out of school, maybe apply for a lesser position and work your way up if you really want to work for Target..otherwise I would do what you are doing and look elsewhere and get what you are looking for, a job in management.

hammandcheese in Newark, New Jersey

83 months ago

i know someone who's husband is a gm for target - big big mary jane head. so is she. i think they have it for breakfast. they live and work in southwest ohio. maybe that LOD should stand for "losers on duty".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Ex Manager

82 months ago

Target has become a company that manages by body count. Just like being in the army during war time, the more body count you have the more they like you. Seriously it has become a horrible place to work. It really shows in the turn-over rate among middle management.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

harveyscott in Garland, Texas

82 months ago

It sounds like Perot Systems since Mr Perot is no longer directly involved. I heard WalMart is the same way since Sam died.
Have you found a job yet?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

JRhea in Wichita, Kansas

82 months ago

I am just about to have my second interview for ETL-HR on Monday. I am very excited about it. Any information you can give to me would be very beneficial.
A little about my background:
- Bachelors Degree in Journalism/Psychology
- Masters Degree in Management (just graduated about a year ago)
- 28 Years Old
- Caucasion
- Two years as Training Manager for Fortune 500 Hospitality Company
- Over 5 years experience with billing, collections, credit cards, etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Bett

82 months ago

JRhea in Wichita, Kansas said: I am just about to have my second interview for ETL-HR on Monday. I am very excited about it. Any information you can give to me would be very beneficial.
- Bachelors Degree in Journalism/Psychology
- 28 Years Old
- Caucasion
- Over 5 years experience with billing, collections, credit cards, etc.

I would say do your homework and know as much about the company Target as possible, second interview sounds promising, how are your people skills? you are going to need really good people skills, also reading between the lines sometimes, and being a great listener, your background doesn't seem to match any of these, how about resolving conflicts? as HR ETL you will need these skills, are you ready for this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JRhea in Wichita, Kansas

82 months ago

Actually, I think my background is a solid fit. It may not be an ideal background, but I have gained alot of "people" skills working for the large hotel chain. The collections I performed was "soft" - it was to large corporations for using our services, so I had to be very attentive. I actually facilitated many supervisory development classes, including Managing Conflict. I have a solid history with all the attributes you defined. I know I am ready for the position and all the responsibility that comes with it. How do I go about convincing them?

Jeff Sloan in Dallas, Texas

50 months ago

Target would be a better place to work at if the Team Member weren't treated like slaves. Some of us learned new things took on more responsibilities thinking we were going to get promoted because they were leading us on, but only took advantage of us. I'm sorry but only getting 25-30hrs a week @ $7.15 - $8.16/hr and being talked down to by lazy TL's that pass their workload onto us is not worth it. If those of us that actually do our jobs and do the extras were compensated then yes it would be a good place to be at.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Name withheld in Charlotte, North Carolina

36 months ago

Agree!

Sean in Tracy, California

36 months ago

Jeff Sloan in Dallas, Texas said: Target would be a better place to work at if the Team Member weren't treated like slaves. Some of us learned new things took on more responsibilities thinking we were going to get promoted because they were leading us on, but only took advantage of us. I'm sorry but only getting 25-30hrs a week @ $7.15 - $8.16/hr and being talked down to by lazy TL's that pass their workload onto us is not worth it. If those of us that actually do our jobs and do the extras were compensated then yes it would be a good place to be at.

Imagine being stuck there as a TPS for three years, being promised a promotion by both your ETL-AP and DAPTL at least three times, being expected to be one of four District Team Trainers, being hounded by your DAPTL to do the job of an ETL-AP when they finally get the sense to quit, and after three solid years of service, including cancelled vacations, being at work on my sister's graduation day, and being the top loss-recovering store in most of your state for eight months running (thanks to my hand-picked crew of competent personnel who were dumb enough to work for only a dollar above minimum wage), leaving at a pay rate of $9.83/hr.

Once I hit year two, I did nothing for free. Every time someone had to call me on my day off to explain a policy, give work advice, or refresh training, I would fill out a punch correction. After all, I worked for that time spent on the phone. I can't tell you how many times I "worked" for ten minutes over the phone and was paid for four hours. Thank you, California Labor Laws.

Don't get me wrong- ground level personnel at Target tend to be some of the most down-to-earth people to work with. There were several times I couldn't assist with investigations due to knowing the subject. The problem is in management. You are an asset to them; just another way they make money. If you don't perform up to expectations, you don't make enough money.

taltemus1014@gmail.com in Las Vegas, Nevada

32 months ago

T no More in Elkton, Kentucky said: If you are considering to work for them I can give you a lot of insight.

I would like some insight.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Catatafish in Chino, California

23 months ago

I wish I had stumbled onto this post before I actually started working for target. I can honestly say my first day let me correct myself...actually my 1st 30 mins I knew I made a mistake. The cool thing is they taught me how to successfully steal from all targets in california.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

etlm in Chicago, Illinois

10 months ago

Hey, you are definitely overqualified I am an etl for target and im pursuing my masters. If you really want to work for target with a masters degree I would go to the website and look for careers with a masters. You can then enter the interview process for corporate in Minneapolis. If im not mistaken, they have a headquarters in AZ as well. You are overqualified for ETL by far if anything you should apply for store team leader starting around 100K or District Team leader which pays a bit more. If you don't have a retail backround you will need to show strong leadership background and skills and be able to describe those situations ,behaviors and outcomes in a very tangible manner as all interviews are given.

JRhea in Wichita, Kansas said: I am just about to have my second interview for ETL- HR on Monday. I am very excited about it. Any information you can give to me would be very beneficial.
- Bachelors Degree in Journalism /Psychology
- 28 Years Old
- Caucasion
- Over 5 years experience with billing , collections , credit cards, etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

etlm in Chicago, Illinois

10 months ago

Jeff Sloan in Dallas, Texas said: Target would be a better place to work at if the Team Member weren't treated like slaves. Some of us learned new things took on more responsibilities thinking we were going to get promoted because they were leading us on, but only took advantage of us. I'm sorry but only getting 25-30hrs a week @ $7.15 - $8.16/ hr and being talked down to by lazy TL's that pass their workload onto us is not worth it. If those of us that actually do our jobs and do the extras were compensated then yes it would be a good place to be at.

No one knows that you want to be a team lead unless you express interest to the ETL-HR. Once you do so they will put an action plan together to get you to team lead by a certain date as long as your attendance and performance pass the neccessary metrics. Basically don't miss work a lot and be a top performer in your department. Ask your team lead if you're a top performer and fix your attendance if its not acceptional.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.