Target - you can have it

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Pixielou in Chaska, Minnesota

83 months ago

I worked as a temp at Target about 2 years ago. I heard all about the teamwork and togetherness - well it was all for supporting the directors and above. If you are lower than a director, you are treated that way. I had so many admins tell me not to take the job (it was temp to perm). Where I worked at HQ, there were no employees (all below management level were contract and were all from India except two people). One of the Americans said he's worked there of and on for ten years and it used to be a great company but not anymore. They have another HQ in India. They treated me horribly - very much let me know I was an admin and a temp. Target - you can have it! Employment agencies have told me they have an incredible number of Target employees coming in to get out of there. It's too bad, sounds like it used to be a great place.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jeff Sloan in Dallas, Texas

51 months ago

Target is the worst place to work ...Here is a simple answer.
Remember in high school how there were different cliqs.
Preps- Cheerleads, fashionistas, jocks.. They thought they were cool and ran the school. That is how you get promoted and make good money at Target. If your not in that cliq then you are a slave makeing slave wages.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

candlestick in Maspeth, New York

48 months ago

I was a target team member for three years all of sudden management had decided that i was an expence rather than an asset. After I was getting up at 4:00 am to be at work for 5:00 and once in while at 2:00 am. And not just doing my job
but redoing other persons work. I should have known the gig was up when my hours and benefits were cut.

Candlestick

cjobs in Los Angeles, California

48 months ago

Pixielou in Chaska, Minnesota said: I worked as a temp at Target about 2 years ago. I heard all about the teamwork and togetherness - well it was all for supporting the directors and above. If you are lower than a director , you are treated that way. I had so many admins tell me not to take the job (it was temp to perm). Where I worked at HQ, there were no employees (all below management level were contract and were all from India except two people). One of the Americans said he's worked there of and on for ten years and it used to be a great company but not anymore. They have another HQ in India. They treated me horribly - very much let me know I was an admin and a temp. Target - you can have it! Employment agencies have told me they have an incredible number of Target employees coming in to get out of there. It's too bad, sounds like it used to be a great place.

Thanks for the warning. I've been working at the retail store and see the working conditions. Most employees take everything Target is with a smile. It's like Walmart, hire as many people as you can so you don't have to give benefits. Pay them minimum wage, have them break their backs with the manual labor and what do they get in return? They develop health conditions that can only be fixed by expensive surgery. Who will pay for that - not Target. As long as people are willing to put up with Target's hiring practices and shop there, Target wins.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.