What's the company culture at TCF Bank?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at TCF Bank?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at TCF Bank?

Reply - Report abuse

jarbomb in Lemont, Illinois

90 months ago

Dress is business formal. This company is all about sales, sales, sales. Sometimes they forget that it's more important to solve the customer's problem than to force them to open a new account as a solution. This may work in the short term but I doubt it does in the long term.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Im better off now in Chicago, Illinois

67 months ago

This bank is crap... that's all that comes to mind. I would've never thought of banking with them so why did I ever consider working for them??

Within your first day working they will most likely try to pressure you into opening an account with them so that they can meet their sales goals, but it won't stop there. They tell you stories about how each of them has opened up about 3 or more accounts just to help meet the quota as if that is the way things should be. Meanwhile, employees are accessing their own accounts on their own Teller terminals which is supposed to be against bank policy so what's to say they are not browsing through your account?? I didn't want to sign up for an account with them for that very reason, because I simply didn't trust them and I was certain that they would be trying to see how much I get paid and browse my personal information.

On another note, get ready for the negative cut throat competition amongst your own team, but the interviewer may have mentioned it to you as “friendly competition”. I was hired as a Supervisor and within my first week I was consistently being harassed by the Assistant Manager for no other reason than just because I showed up to work. So much for team work, it didn’t exist at my branch.

Take my advice, unless you are using TCF for experience to prepare you for a better bank (which is pretty much all of them) then DON’T WASTE YOUR TIME. This bank does not deserve the best talent in the work force.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.