How to get a job at The Berry Company.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

Do you work at The Berry Company? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Tele in Nashville, Tennessee

77 months ago

Just a couple of observations I thought I'd share ...

I'm sure a lot of you already figured out that it isn't exactly easy to get into the Berry Company, and - no - I haven't cracked this, yet.

The interesting angle is that the Berry Company seems to have no Human Resources or similar department - or if they have, they aren't admitting it - so if you miss an opportunity online, it's gone forever. Apparently, the only way to apply for a job at this company is online, and job openings are removed on the 29th day after they're posted, so 'if you snooze, you loose.'

I worked with Yellow Pages a lot of years ago, and a posted position for a nighttime proofreader and production person would have been perfect for an older person (Like me)who is able to actually 'make it' on the small salary offered, and who would have been content to stick around and just - well - play with words and lay-outs in the wee hours of the night.

BUT - you guessed it - I didn't catch it in time. A friend saw the position advertised and tipped me off, but tooo late and tooo bad for me. Too bad for the Berry Company. They would have found me the ideal candidate.

I'll keep trying, of course. After all, this is The Berry Company! But FYI, keep an eye on those posted jobs, and if you see something that matches your talents and skills, apply RIGHT AWAY, before the opportunity evaporates into cyber space - never to be seen, again.

~ Tele

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.