How to get a job at Time Warner Cable.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (19)

Host

Do you work at Time Warner Cable? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

former employee in Binghamton, New York

89 months ago

for the sake of your sanity do not apply at time warner. benifits are good pay is ok but it is the worst company to work for and I just cannot express that enough via this message but do yourself a favor and look for a job where you will be treated right.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (55) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

Recruiter, Time Warner Cable in Georgetown, Texas

88 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Time Warner Cable? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

It's all about your resume. The resume should be geared towards the job you're applying for and should include basic contact information. I cannot tell you how many resumes I see that are missing basic contact information. Take the time to write your resumes and list relevant experience in your cover letter. We do a lot of key word searchs! Hope that helps!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No Reply - Report abuse

John Lee in City Of Industry, California

86 months ago

Recruiter, Time Warner Cable in Georgetown, Texas said: It's all about your resume. The resume should be geared towards the job you're applying for and should include basic contact information. I cannot tell you how many resumes I see that are missing basic contact information. Take the time to write your resumes and list relevant experience in your cover letter. We do a lot of key word searchs! Hope that helps!

Why put contact info? So you can have more sales leads???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

james in Jamaica, New York

84 months ago

Just call and try to establish a relationship with someone there about the position. keep on them and you will get at least an intv. you have to have a great resume and credentials. having some references who have a working relationship with employers is nice too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jenelle of NYC

84 months ago

I have worked for Time Warner Cable for 5 years and I'm not even going to the anniversary celebration because of the pure misery I have experienced, which includes rates & salary disputes, incentive disputes, working with stupid untrained managers (especially in accounts receivable) and their very flawed automated system. They even barred the part timers from the opportunity of working extra hours if they want to. One great thing about working here is the free courtesy cable & the internet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Vee in Colorado Springs, Colorado

84 months ago

What is the location of time warner in colorado springs? it is not listed in 411 and can't seem to find it on the inet? Want to apply for a job.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

maria in Colorado Springs, Colorado

84 months ago

its on bijou and union!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Fleo Black in Bronx, New York

83 months ago

Time Warner Cable is okay it all depends when you apply to the company

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

maria in Colorado Springs, Colorado said: its on bijou and union!!

What do you mean by that?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

chung nguyen in Westminster, California said: seeking a full time field technician.

If you are seeking a full time field technician how much do you want to get paid?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jane in Lakewood, California

52 months ago

Danny Sparks in Trenton, Ohio said: How can I get a human voice to talk to me after I have sent a resume 3 times and applied?I have veiwed available positions onlie,but I have yet to talk with anyone.Please help,Danny Sparks

I have also sent my Resume over 20 times and i have over 15 years Telecomm experience and have been applying sinve Dec 2009. Today is April 8, 2010 and ALL the positions i applied NOT ONE CALL or EM. I have a great Rresume and all my contact info is update i dont know what else to do......do you have any EM address os HR people you can send me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Joseline in Bronx, New York

42 months ago

I have applied at Time Warner Cable in NY so many times and I've never even received a call for an interview! I have call center, cable, Internet, wireless,and sales experience and I can't even get my foot in the door. I was a supervisor at a major wireless company call center and this can't even get me a job with Time Warner.

Melissa in San Diego, California

42 months ago

I have a 12 year history of working for another cable company in technical support. I just applied to Time Warner in San Diego for two jobs. How long will it take for them to respond?

I just love the cable industry. I know it very well and want to continue. Hope they call me!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Michele DiCarlo in Syracuse, New York

39 months ago

I also had some call center experience with another cable company as a tech support person. I dont have as much time put in but I spent many years in other types of call centers. I still cant get any response from TW here in Syracuse. One of the HR managers at a local temp agency told me that I am just spinning my wheels. She says that they are taking people with higher degrees and experience who were laid of to fill the positions for even the mundane customer service positons. They can pick who they want and they choose those people first. I would think that they would be overqualified to do a Billing position. I hope I have somewhat of a chance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

bjstar60 in Newark, Ohio

23 months ago

Michele DiCarlo in Syracuse, New York said: I also had some call center experience with another cable company as a tech support person. I dont have as much time put in but I spent many years in other types of call centers. I still cant get any response from TW here in Syracuse. One of the HR managers at a local temp agency told me that I am just spinning my wheels. She says that they are taking people with higher degrees and experience who were laid of to fill the positions for even the mundane customer service positons. They can pick who they want and they choose those people first. I would think that they would be overqualified to do a Billing position. I hope I have somewhat of a chance.

What exactly is being overqualified? I would hire individuals with graduate degrees and experience over individuals that doesn’t possess such credentials. After all, the job market is bleak and quite depressing.

bjstar60 in Newark, Ohio

23 months ago

Michele DiCarlo in Syracuse, New York said: I also had some call center experience with another cable company as a tech support person. I dont have as much time put in but I spent many years in other types of call centers. I still cant get any response from TW here in Syracuse. One of the HR managers at a local temp agency told me that I am just spinning my wheels. She says that they are taking people with higher degrees and experience who were laid of to fill the positions for even the mundane customer service positons. They can pick who they want and they choose those people first. I would think that they would be overqualified to do a Billing position. I hope I have somewhat of a chance.

What exactly is being overqualified? I would hire individuals with graduate degrees and experience over individuals that doesn’t possess such credentials. After all, the job market is bleak and quite depressing.

Al the Student in San Antonio, Texas

14 months ago

Jane in Lakewood, California said: I have also sent my Resume over 20 times and i have over 15 years Telecomm experience and have been applying sinve Dec 2009. Today is April 8, 2010 and ALL the positions i applied NOT ONE CALL or EM. I have a great Rresume and all my contact info is update i dont know what else to do......do you have any EM address os HR people you can send me?

Not to be impolite, but perhaps it was the grammar and typos that might have caused no response? I've read that 1/4 employers will toss out a resume if they catch one typo, and your above comment does not exemplify a great example of proper usage.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Al the Student in San Antonio, Texas

14 months ago

John Lee in City Of Industry, California said: Why put contact info? So you can have more sales leads???

Always put contact info on a resume. How do you expect them to return your call or email for the job? Magic?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.