What's the company culture at Time Warner Cable?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (16)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Time Warner Cable?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Time Warner Cable?

Reply - Report abuse

Mike in New Kensington, Pennsylvania

94 months ago

While I can't comment on Craig's comment (I've never been there), I can tell you that Time Warner is shirt and tie on a regular basis. Casual means you can ditch the suit coat.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

bill bosso in Nicholasville, Kentucky

94 months ago

Richmond Kentucky is a joke. Too many jerks in upper managment that dont know anything about cable who treat the guys doing all the work like dogs. Dont even get me going on the dispatch........thats a laughing matter as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Craig in Middletown, Connecticut

93 months ago

Everyone knows that the Stamford office is a safe haven for the Fairfield County KKK sympathizers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Currently Employed at TWC in Biddeford, Maine

92 months ago

Host said: Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Time Warner Cable?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

I work at TWC, The dress is business casual,on Fridays,Saturdays,Sundays,and holidays you can wear jeans. My co-workers are great, everyone is friendly and try to make new hires feel at home.I have made some fantastic friendships there and we have get togethers at least a couple times a month. We have donuts and bagels provided to us every Friday. We are often rewarded with food (if you love to eat TWC is the place for you)! The base pay is decent (for maine)and there is also commission. We have recently grown at the Portland,me call center, the environment is slightly stressful right now as the majority of the employees are new hires (including management). I am hopeful that this will all work out shortly. I recommend working for TWC.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Brian McGee in Marblehead, Massachusetts

92 months ago

I've found that TWC is a great place to work at.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Joe in Cape Elizabeth, Maine

92 months ago

Currently Employed at TWC in Biddeford, Maine said: I work at TWC, The dress is business casual,on Fridays,Saturdays,Sundays,and holidays you can wear jeans. My co-workers are great, everyone is friendly and try to make new hires feel at home.I have made some fantastic friendships there and we have get togethers at least a couple times a month. We have donuts and bagels provided to us every Friday. We are often rewarded with food (if you love to eat TWC is the place for you)! The base pay is decent (for maine)and there is also commission. We have recently grown at the Portland,me call center, the environment is slightly stressful right now as the majority of the employees are new hires (including management). I am hopeful that this will all work out shortly. I recommend working for TWC.

Thank you , your comment is very timely as I just interviewed there yesterday. No offer as yet , although it appears I have a couple of others coming in from other companies Some other comments here for other TW locations had made me somewhat leery of TW...
your comments have restored my enthusiasm.
thanks again!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

TWC Employee in Georgetown, Texas

91 months ago

We're pretty casual at the Central Texas Division of TWC. Only the professionals (HR, Marketing, Execs)dress-up for work. Everyone else wears jeans.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

beesting in Poway, California

84 months ago

Host said: Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Time Warner Cable?

I'm trying to do some research on what it's like at TWC. I will start there in January. Any ideas on where I might find interesting information. Besides their website.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

out cast but choosen

79 months ago

beesting in Poway, California said: I'm trying to do some research on what it's like at TWC. I will start there in January. Any ideas on where I might find interesting information. Besides their website.

hmph good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

beesting in Poway, California

73 months ago

beesting in Poway, California said: I'm trying to do some research on what it's like at TWC. I will start there in January. Any ideas on where I might find interesting information. Besides their website.

I've been here almost a year now and I have to say I really like my job and the most the people there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Tom55 in Charlotte, North Carolina

70 months ago

Honestly, TWC Charlotte's Corp Tax Dept is a miserable place to work. The department is very top heavy (75% female)with most of the work being performed by overworked staff accountants. The department is very clicky, with people constantly talking about each other behind their backs. Wouldn't recommend working for this company in any capicity.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

benos2452 in La Quinta, California

41 months ago

The typical day for a tech is like HELL is you against the world; supervisors and management don't give a crap about anything. They only care about numbers and don't want to see what is causing it. So make the math

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Benson in Windermere, Florida

39 months ago

Your question is impossible to answer, for the following reasons-

TW Locations and Divisions are managed pretty much independently.
TW is really huge, so all kind of differnces exist.
Managers are given a lot of autonomy on how they run their teams.
Technical staff probably have very different perspectives than sales, accounting, etc.

In any case, here is my story- I worked in the main Herndon building for two months. I was in an engineering group. I quit after those two months, because I did not care for the culture there. My manager was all about "work as stress and pain." Old school. I was used to working for smaller companies with very progressive management and working environments. I love working with technology, and I will not have someone turn it into pain, misery, and drudgery, because of some old-schoo,l militaristic view, that Work = Pain, or else it is not work. To be fair, I blame a lot of this on my manager and particular group within TW. I observed that different groups and departments, were run very differently, and some were on the progressive side. I just had the bad luck, of getting into the wrong group. But that just proves my point, that TW is all over the place, as far as culture and work conditions.

And once again, to be fair, all really large companies are going to have this, heck, even smaller ones do, but they are magnified in a large company-
Mega Politics
Back stabbing, personal power plays
"Every man for himself" mentality
Feeling like you are just a "badge number" in a gigantic system.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Benson in Windermere, Florida

39 months ago

These are things you get in almost all large organizations, and TW had plenty of them going on. Would I recommend it as a good place to work? I would say yes, try it out, see if it is for you. In the worst case, it looks good on your resume. I wish I had started there as a 1099 consultant or contract worker, so that I could have had a chance to evaluate the culture more before I started. I'll end this with a disclaimer: Like many engineers that have skills that are in very high demand, I am a bit of a prima-donna- I am very selective about my work environment, company culture, management, and working conditions. So that played a part in my leaving as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cable Vetran in New York, New York

35 months ago

I had worked for Time Warner Cable for a VERY long time. Initially, it was good. Then they got competition from the telcoms and fell apart. Everything is about saving money, even if it compromises the way employees are treated.

I think the desire to save money is what triggered Time Warner Cable to think that Charlotte is the center of the universe. I don't want to offend anyone from Charlotte or the Carolinas, but I am not sure who decided that the only competent people in the company are from Charlotte.

Carolina employees are the only employees who seem to matter to this company. Doesn't matter what your experience or achievements were.. they will send someone from Charlotte to tell you how bad you screwed it up and then will "relocate" you, "downsize your position," or decide that everything you've done for them no longer matters, because you are an unfit employee.

And, if you DO have a legitimate gripe about management, don't bother going to HR- they are NOT on your side. They think nothing of it when they break their own policies or code of ethics.

And the recruiting? What a MESS.

If you can land a job elsewhere, take it. Only work for Time Warner Cable if you are absolutely desperate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.