Time Warner Cable Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Time Warner Cable?

What do you like best about working at Time Warner Cable? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

rick in Hoffmeister, New York

90 months ago

I WORKED FOR TIME WARNER 10 YEARS AGO WHEN THEY MERGED WITH NEWCHANNELS CORP.THE FIRST THING THEY DID WAS TO SET OUT A PLAN TO GET RID OF THE NEWCHANNELS WORK FORCE BECAUSE OF THEIR WAGES.AT THE TIME I WAS MAKING $19.40 AN HOUR FOR NEWCHANNELS.TIMEWARNER EMPLOYEES WERE MAKING HALF THIS.THEY HAVE MADE NO ATTEMPT TO CATCH UP AND STILL,AFTER TEN YEARS,HAVE NOT COME CLOSE TO THIS WAGE.THEY FROZE OLD NEWCHANNELS EMPLOYEE WAGES AND WILL NEVER COME CLOSE TO A WAGE THAT PAYS EMPLOYEES WHAT THEY ARE WORTH.STARTING SALARIES ARE LAUGHABLE BUT IF YOU WANT GOOD TRAINING TO BE ABLE TO MOVE ON TRY THEM FOR A HALF A YEAR THEN LOOK FOR A UNION AND AN EMPLOYER WHO PAYS A WAGE YOU CAN LIVE ON AND AN EMPLOYER WHO YOU CAN TRUST.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

deesun in Euclid, Ohio

79 months ago

rick in Hoffmeister, New York said: I WORKED FOR TIME WARNER 10 YEARS AGO WHEN THEY MERGED WITH NEWCHANNELS CORP.THE FIRST THING THEY DID WAS TO SET OUT A PLAN TO GET RID OF THE NEWCHANNELS WORK FORCE BECAUSE OF THEIR WAGES.AT THE TIME I WAS MAKING $19.40 AN HOUR FOR NEWCHANNELS.TIMEWARNER EMPLOYEES WERE MAKING HALF THIS.THEY HAVE MADE NO ATTEMPT TO CATCH UP AND STILL,AFTER TEN YEARS,HAVE NOT COME CLOSE TO THIS WAGE.THEY FROZE OLD NEWCHANNELS EMPLOYEE WAGES AND WILL NEVER COME CLOSE TO A WAGE THAT PAYS EMPLOYEES WHAT THEY ARE WORTH.STARTING SALARIES ARE LAUGHABLE BUT IF YOU WANT GOOD TRAINING TO BE ABLE TO MOVE ON TRY THEM FOR A HALF A YEAR THEN LOOK FOR A UNION AND AN EMPLOYER WHO PAYS A WAGE YOU CAN LIVE ON AND AN EMPLOYER WHO YOU CAN TRUST.

I worked there for 12 years and then was fired stating that I had a horrible attendance. When they brought the cable company from Adelphia it went downhill faster than having Adelphia. I had never been wrote up always had good reviews but I know it had to do with my salary. Now they are hiring people with no skills and the wage that they are paying is horrible.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

deesun in Euclid, Ohio

79 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Time Warner Cable?

What do you like best about working at Time Warner Cable? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

The only perks you get is free service, and the sales incentive are not good at all they want you to work real hard for pennies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Sarah Haught in Zanesville, Ohio

72 months ago

I worked for time warner for about 5 months this year as a direct sales rep and i worked off of commission and i was supposed to get traveling expense checks but guess what i never got them. It was about $500 worth of traveling expense checks!This happened to me and another girl that started at the same time. My supervisors direct words were "we like to make you need the money so you will go out and make more sales and get it on your check." I think that is so cold hearted. We both quit at the same time and here it is 3 months later after me and the other girl quit and both of us still no checks and we could really use it now since that job required us to have a cell phone and you were using alot of minutes calling inbound and customers and your supervisor 100 times a day.So now were stuck with cell phone contracts with alot of minutes that is too hard to afford...but yes working with them we could of course afford it...according to them. Listen to me people they take money out of your pocket and never replace it. Don't let their smooth talking convince you like it did me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Mr Anonymous in Dallas, Texas

64 months ago

I'm wondering about inbound sales in Irving. The starting pay is only $8/hr. but I'm told the commission makes for an annual pay of over $40k. Can anyone here verify this? What's the avg. and above avg. monthly commission?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (46) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

curious in San Dimas, California

64 months ago

Mr Anonymous in Dallas, Texas said: I'm wondering about inbound sales in Irving. The starting pay is only $8/hr. but I'm told the commission makes for an annual pay of over $40k. Can anyone here verify this? What's the avg. and above avg. monthly commission?

Be careful with these kind of jobs. They say you can make up to so much money in commission, but it's hard core commission and sales quotas. You practically push it on customers, and now adays remember the economy, who has so much money to spend? They expect you to sell sell sell. I know I been there. Try looking in a less sales environment so you don't have to rely on the commission to live.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Stevo1 in Durham, North Carolina

61 months ago

I used to work as a Telesales Rep in Raleigh. I made kick ass money over 70K until this year. They brought in new upper management and the senior director of sales turned out to be a total tool. My salary then dropped to about 35K a year. The place was cool at one time. You know what they say, the management can make or break you. Stay away. You have been warned.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (50) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.