Time Warner Cable News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Time Warner Cable stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

Andrew/ Maple Heights, OH in Cleveland, Ohio

88 months ago

I don't see how any company can survive when they are constantly raising their rates on a monthly basis and pre-charging customers a month in advance for service they haven't even used, that in itself is illegal business practice

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

Jenelle of NYC

84 months ago

Time Warner Cable's losing so many customers because of the digital phone they have launched and offerred to the customers. Irate customers are thousands each and every day and the company's looking for more and more customer service reps to handle such calls. If the customer's irate enough that they wanna speak with a supervisor, well guess what, the supervisor won't even help you out with it & instead, the supervisor will ask you to handle the call yourself!! I'm serious...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Shay in Vandalia, Ohio

84 months ago

Time Warner always has ads and never seems to hire anyone, even with experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Larry in Charlotte, North Carolina

83 months ago

How do you know they're not hiring anyone? I applied on the website a week ago and havn't heard anything back (positive or negative) yet.

From my year and a half of contracting experience Time Warner has to be getting a TON of new phone customers (you see their little gray phone NID's on the side of houses everywhere now) I would say the worst part of the company is the customer service and sales...about 80% or more work orders are wrong and customers will usually need another tech to come out to give them the right box or modem that they originally wanted...or the customer service person told them the wrong information or failed to mention that they owe a $200 COD to the tech before the install can be completed.
I wish I could give some feedback to the company but no one really cares what the contractors think.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

RockStar in Texas

82 months ago

I'm in Texas there is a LOT of talk about layoffs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Jackieg in Greensboro, North Carolina

80 months ago

Time Warner Cable is a horrible place to work - been there, done that. NONE of the offices is good, but Greensboro is particularly bad. The Peter Principle is rampant and you only have to have been there forever to be kept in management. The are truly incompentent and concerned only for themsevles. They work for their bonuses and they treat anyone who is not in management like "the enemy" and that includes you - the customer.
There are tenured staff people there - who stay there because of pensions and benefits. (Also, starting over generally means a loss in pay, doesn't it?) They live on BP meds, Xanax and Prozac. Won't see Time Warner in the Triad's top employers - EVER.
An interesting anecdote: they have an employee opinion survery, voluntary. LOL So, if you choose to NOT complete it, they drag you into a room with a computer and sit there until you are done! And, they CAN IDENTIFY YOU BY THE INFORMATION YOU ARE REQUIRED TO INPUT!!!!!!! Honesty? No one dares!!!!
PS - You are absolutely right - their Customer Care is a laugh - they do not give a care at all about their customers. You are just a bother to them - the bottom line (money) is all that matters. PERIOD. You would not believe the perks management gets - on YOUR MONEY! They are obscene!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

mar23 in Cincinnati, Ohio

70 months ago

I just got laid off from Time Warner along with about 12 people in Cincinnati and Dayton... They made up a reason to fire us all within a week period and they are currently involved in a lawsuit dealing with that! They treat their employees like customers. And they don't treat the customers very well at all. The only thing that kept me there was the good pay. But dealing with irate customers 24/7 and badly managed management is not my idea of a good job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

TLG in Canton, Ohio

69 months ago

I just got hired for the NE Ohio Division (Canton, Ohio).
Anyone ever work there? Kinda nervous after reading all of your comments.
The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the mandatory evening and holidays.
I mean if my Mom ends up having cancer or if we have an emergency are they the type to fire you if you have to call off or need to take a leave of absence?
What are the 'goals' like? How high pressure are they with their Tier 1 & 2 Customer Service Reps? I already deal with irate customers as it is (we have our own busienss and I'm pretty used to people trying to nickel and dime ya and gripe yell and swear) but are you saying that the supervisors don't have your back?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

very happy in Bronx, New York

63 months ago

TO ALL TWC CUSTOMERS ...BE AWARE WHEN YOU ASK FOR A SUPV IN THE FLUSHING OFFICE YOU ARE NOT REALLY SPEAKING TO A SUPV THEY ARE CALLED HELP DESK REPS THAT DO ALL THE SUPV DIRTY WORK

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

MRClueuin in Brooklyn, New York

60 months ago

Jenelle of NYC said: Time Warner Cable's losing so many customers because of the digital phone they have launched and offerred to the customers. Irate customers are thousands each and every day and the company's looking for more and more customer service reps to handle such calls. If the customer's irate enough that they wanna speak with a supervisor, well guess what, the supervisor won't even help you out with it & instead, the supervisor will ask you to handle the call yourself!! I'm serious...

Jenelle I don't know ya but I love ya! I used to work there myself.
Woo, gal you should have seen how they treated me there two years ago!
Hon, I'm still waiting for my unemployment! They actually had a nerve to denie me unemployment benfits. I told U.I that they fired me due to lack of work and they fought me tooth and nail.
Mind you it could have been worse. Ever since I've been to this site I've been hearing bocou things about At&t and Verizon. SHUDDER!

Peace gal!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.