Interview process at Time Warner

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (28)

Dianne Lynch in Rochester, New York

85 months ago

Do your self a favor.

After 6 weeks I got a call for an interview. I am mid career experienced.

They offered 11.02 an hour and would not budge. Who can live on 11.02 and hour? Training is 10 weeks long and two of those weeks you have to travel on your own expense for technical training.

The location I interview at was dirty. Plain out dirty. The employees were very nice but no professional dress. Even the supervisor I interviewed with seemed bored and was rude to be honest.

The call center was so dirty. The chair they offered me had food on it, chocolate and I left there displeased with what I saw and that I had to have my 300.00 suit coat dry cleaned after.

I did receive a letter saying thanks but no thanks but I really should have gotten that letter to them first.

They have supervisors the employees call the police? What kind of environment is that to work in? Not for me.

I interview well and have since gotten 8 job offers since my experience with Time Warner.

I received a letter from Time Warner today they are exploring new candidate's thanks but no thanks.

I should have gotten that letter to them first.

Do yourself a favor and don't waste your time unless you have to get a job no matter what.

There are too many good opportunities out there to explore. Time Warner would not be one of my suggestions

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

Donald Trump in Saugerties, New York

85 months ago

Ms lynch, I feel your pain!! I've worked for Cablevision for about 10 yrs. I drive almost an hour and a half one way and now live in a Time Warner System. Their office is only 15 minutes from home so I decided to give them a try. I make almost $29 hr. They offered me 16.50 hr. Doesn't take a rocket scienctist to say, no thanks I'll stay where Im at. Funny part was they were really intrested in me but wouldn't budge on funds. Good luck....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

ANTHONY in Staten Island, New York

81 months ago

MS LYNCH, I'VE BEEN IN THE CABLE BUSINESS FOR 15 YEARS,
MOSTLY AS A SUB-CONTRACTOR, WITH AT&T,CABLEVISION & TIME-WARNER.
UNFORTUNATELY, MANAGEMENT IS THE SAME AT ALL THREE ;AND IN-HOUSE DOESN'T PAY WELL.AS A FIELD SERVICE TECH, IT TAKES A CERTAIN MIND-SET TO DEAL WITH MANAGEMENT.$11.02 AN HOUR TO SOME ISN'T MUCH, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU HAVE A MORTGAGE,AND CAR PAYMENTS; BUT TO SOME,$11.02 IS A START.I DO NOT WORK FOR ANY OF THE THREE AT PRESENT, BUT AT $800-$1500 PER WEEK THEY WERE GOOD TO ME.THEN AGAIN I ONLY REPESENTED THEM,I WASN'T EMPLOYED BY THEM.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Fireguy in White Lake, New York

81 months ago

Wow, I don't know where you interviewed but I had a completely different experience. The place was clean and spotless, everyone was very professional, clean and neat. I am only 22, almost 23. After college I worked in EMS for 2 years, and then worked at Verizon for 2 summers (before being laid off for the winter each year) And I was just offered a job starting at $11.50 an hour.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

deesun in Euclid, Ohio

80 months ago

Fireguy in White Lake, New York said: Wow, I don't know where you interviewed but I had a completely different experience. The place was clean and spotless, everyone was very professional, clean and neat. I am only 22, almost 23. After college I worked in EMS for 2 years, and then worked at Verizon for 2 summers (before being laid off for the winter each year) And I was just offered a job starting at $11.50 an hour.

I agree with Ms. lynch, I worked at the timewarner in ohio, and once they took over it was adelphia, everything changed. they started firing people that made more than 12 dollars, and these employees were excellent. They look for younger people so they can mold, unlike you most new employees there start off at 9.50.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

christians4worship in Los Angeles, California

76 months ago

How do you become a sub-contractor? Do sub-contractors get paid differently than employees? If so how much differently or how? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (46) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

christians4worship in Los Angeles, California

76 months ago

How do you become a sub-contractor? Do sub-contractors get paid differently than employees? If so how much differently or how? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

christians4worship in Los Angeles, California

76 months ago

ANTHONY in Staten Island, New York said: MS LYNCH, I'VE BEEN IN THE CABLE BUSINESS FOR 15 YEARS,
MOSTLY AS A SUB-CONTRACTOR, WITH AT&T,CABLEVISION & TIME-WARNER.
UNFORTUNATELY, MANAGEMENT IS THE SAME AT ALL THREE ;AND IN-HOUSE DOESN'T PAY WELL.AS A FIELD SERVICE TECH, IT TAKES A CERTAIN MIND-SET TO DEAL WITH MANAGEMENT.$11.02 AN HOUR TO SOME ISN'T MUCH, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU HAVE A MORTGAGE,AND CAR PAYMENTS; BUT TO SOME,$11.02 IS A START.I DO NOT WORK FOR ANY OF THE THREE AT PRESENT, BUT AT $800-$1500 PER WEEK THEY WERE GOOD TO ME.THEN AGAIN I ONLY REPESENTED THEM,I WASN'T EMPLOYED BY THEM.

How do you become a sub-contractor? Do sub-contractors get paid differently than employees? If so how much differently or how? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

MIZY in Los Angeles, California

76 months ago

WOW, I GUESS IN NY THEY PAY LESS. :) MY INTERVIEW WAS AT A VERY EXCLUSIVE HOTEL IN HOLLYWOOD ( IT WAS OPEN HOUSE ). THE PAY RATE THEY OFFERED ME WHEN I STARTED WAS 12.75 BUT A FEW MONTHS LATER THEY RAISED THE PAY TO 14.75 :) SO ALL REPS THAT WORK FOR ADELPHIA , COMCAST AND TWC LEGACY COULD BE PAID EQUALLY =D

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

alarmguy in Cape Coral, Florida

75 months ago

Does anyone know how to get on board with cablevision as a sub-contractor?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

alarmguy in Cape Coral, Florida

75 months ago

I am moving back to NY and looking for info on cablevision, Long Island.
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

SeanTesh in Herndon, Virginia

69 months ago

Hi All,
I have an Interview for Cell Tower NOC Operator position in Herndon, VA. Any Interview Question/Tips that might become helpful? Thanks for Your Advice

Sean :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SeanTesh in Herndon, Virginia

69 months ago

Hi All,
I have an Interview for Cell Tower NOC Operator position in Herndon, VA.
Any Interview Question/Tips that might become helpful? Thanks for Your Advice

Sean :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SeanTesh in Herndon, Virginia

69 months ago

Hi All,
I have an Interview for Cell Tower NOC Operator position in Herndon, VA.

Any Interview Question/Tips that might become helpful? Thanks for Your Advice

Sean :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

SeanTesh in Herndon, Virginia

69 months ago

Hi All,
I have an Interview for Cell Tower NOC Operator position in Herndon, VA. Any Interview Question/Tips that might become helpful? Thanks for Your Advice

Sean :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Zoie Wallace in Akron, Ohio

68 months ago

Ms.Lynch- I had a interview with time warner here in ohio. First of all I had to wait for about 30min. in a waiting area for someone to come and get me. Then once the interviewer came to get me she was like your late and she was very rude. I looked at her and said that I had been waiting and I was told to wait and someone would come and get me. She asked me alot of questions and she didn't even crack a smile. After the interview was over I told her I needed to make at least $12.00 an hour she said ok. Next thing I know someone else called me and offered me 9.50 I guess being that I'm so young. I told her that I my degree and was working on my second one so I just can not make 9.50 an hour. She then called me back and said ok 9.75 being that I really needed a job I said ok. Next think you know they were making a big issue out of my background check not being able to "find" my previous employers etc. I told them I thought that was just bogus.. I have never been in trouble or anything so I just thought this was all to weird. When I requested for more pay that's when they were not able to find my employers etc. I would not even waste my time with this company at all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Zoie Wallace in Akron, Ohio

68 months ago

You will end up putting more time in e-mails and phone calls then actually getting to your first day of work. THE trainer also kept pushing back the date of when I was suppose to start. I tell you what I told them I was no longer interested and I did get a rude e-mail from I guess someone in HR saying that I should have told them this in the beg. they are just so unprofessional! It seems like here in ohio they are always ALWAYS hiring for the same jobs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mr Anonymous in Dallas, Texas

64 months ago

Wow, that was an interesting experience.

After filling out an online app. for an inside sales job, a recruiter calls me a few days later. The call goes well and she invites me in for an interview, scheduled for the following week. She said I'd get an email with more details (location, who I'd meet with, etc.) After a few days and no email, I called her back and she said not to worry, I should get it a day or two before the interview. The date came and still no email. Now she's not returning my calls....

I google the place and find the main office. I show up on time, hoping I'm still on for the interview. The supervisor came and got me and another supervisor and the three of us spoke for about 1/2 hour. I thought it went pretty well. They said they needed to compare notes and will make a decision. They said HR will contact me by Monday.

Monday came and went with no call from HR. Tues., Wed., Thur., nothing. The recruiter isn't returning my calls either. I'm guessing they decided not to hire me after all. So in a final act of taking initiative, I called the call center (since I had no other contact numbers) and asked if I could speak with one of the supervisors who interviewed me. Of course they weren't available so I left my name and number with a very nice lady who said she'd pass on the message.

FINALLY, the following day, I get the "thanks, but no thanks" email. That's the most frustrating part about job hunting. They never tell you why you didn't get the job.

I can't believe I didn't get the job. I have solid work experience, including over 13 years in inside sales (incl. 2 years as a trainer). I even have experience selling CATV with the SAME SYTEMS they use. Maybe I had TOO MUCH experience?? I thought they wanted sales pros but I guess not.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

curious in San Dimas, California

64 months ago

MIZY in Los Angeles, California said: WOW, I GUESS IN NY THEY PAY LESS. :) MY INTERVIEW WAS AT A VERY EXCLUSIVE HOTEL IN HOLLYWOOD ( IT WAS OPEN HOUSE ). THE PAY RATE THEY OFFERED ME WHEN I STARTED WAS 12.75 BUT A FEW MONTHS LATER THEY RAISED THE PAY TO 14.75 :) SO ALL REPS THAT WORK FOR ADELPHIA , COMCAST AND TWC LEGACY COULD BE PAID EQUALLY =D

Hi there, I used to work for another telecommunications company like Verizon, and yes in other states like Texas, NY, etc, they do get paid less than we do in California. We have a higher cost of living so our pay is higher too. We were union to they bargain for the pay.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mr Anonymous in Dallas, Texas

62 months ago

Addendum to my previous comment:

You know, it's interesting how some job interview processes go so well until I'm interviewed by a black guy. Isn't it funny how they get away with racial discrimination (even sanctioned by the state!) while the rest of us would be skewered for even thinking of it?

In the near future, I will find an alternative to Time Warner. Maybe DirecTV/HughesNet...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (28) Reply - Report abuse

Charlie E. in Greensboro, North Carolina

39 months ago

Dianne Lynch in Rochester, New York said: Do your self a favor.

After 6 weeks I got a call for an interview. I am mid career experienced.

They offered 11.02 an hour and would not budge. Who can live on 11.02 and hour? Training is 10 weeks long and two of those weeks you have to travel on your own expense for technical training.

The location I interview at was dirty. Plain out dirty. The employees were very nice but no professional dress. Even the supervisor I interviewed with seemed bored and was rude to be honest.

The call center was so dirty. The chair they offered me had food on it, chocolate and I left there displeased with what I saw and that I had to have my 300.00 suit coat dry cleaned after.

I did receive a letter saying thanks but no thanks but I really should have gotten that letter to them first.

They have supervisors the employees call the police? What kind of environment is that to work in? Not for me.

I interview well and have since gotten 8 job offers since my experience with Time Warner.

I received a letter from Time Warner today they are exploring new candidate's thanks but no thanks.

I should have gotten that letter to them first.

Do yourself a favor and don't waste your time unless you have to get a job no matter what.

There are too many good opportunities out there to explore. Time Warner would not be one of my suggestions

Dianne,
I was just forced to resign this morning after someone was listening to my phone conversation I was having with a friend. I expressed concerns on the fact that this company that was training us to be contractors for TWC @ min wage. They have us sign forms that give them concent to take money out of our checks for equipment that is required. But even if we have paid for it in full, they still keep it? Also, we have to pay gas in the trucks, pay for someone to watch my kids. The kicker was when he made the comment, "You're either married or a cable guy!" CY

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Charlie E. in Greensboro, North Carolina

39 months ago

I was just forced to resign this morning after someone was listening to my phone conversation I was having with a friend. I expressed concerns on the fact that this company that was training us to be contractors for TWC @ min wage. They have us sign forms that give them concent to take money out of our checks for equipment that is required. But even if we have paid for it in full, they still keep it? Also, we have to pay gas in the trucks, pay for someone to watch my kids. The kicker was when he made the comment, "You're either married or a cable guy!" Listening to my phone conversations for expressing my concerns? Seriously???!!! No ethics whatsoever! Karma will come, rest assured, I will be cheering in the crowds.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

m1 in Lawndale, California

37 months ago

I went through ID theft I have two time warner accounts that were open with my ss and are now in collection. I have a police report to back it and have been removed from my credit report. Will this affect me in getting hired?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

PUNKIN in Cleveland, Ohio

35 months ago

I went to a job fair here in Ohio two months ago and then had a interview did a background check and urine test, Time Warner said I got the job but every since I've been waiting, every couple of days they change the training date I really need a job. But I cant wait any longer I NEED A JOB. What would you do ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

P6 Tech in Franklin, Ohio

28 months ago

Dianne Lynch in Rochester, New York said: Do your self a favor.

After 6 weeks I got a call for an interview. I am mid career experienced.

They offered 11.02 an hour and would not budge. Who can live on 11.02 and hour? Training is 10 weeks long and two of those weeks you have to travel on your own expense for technical training.

The location I interview at was dirty. Plain out dirty. The employees were very nice but no professional dress. Even the supervisor I interviewed with seemed bored and was rude to be honest.

The call center was so dirty. The chair they offered me had food on it, chocolate and I left there displeased with what I saw and that I had to have my 300.00 suit coat dry cleaned after.

I did receive a letter saying thanks but no thanks but I really should have gotten that letter to them first.

They have supervisors the employees call the police? What kind of environment is that to work in? Not for me.

I interview well and have since gotten 8 job offers since my experience with Time Warner.

I received a letter from Time Warner today they are exploring new candidate's thanks but no thanks.

I should have gotten that letter to them first.

Do yourself a favor and don't waste your time unless you have to get a job no matter what.

There are too many good opportunities out there to explore. Time Warner would not be one of my suggestions

Anyone wearing a $300 coat should not have even applied to Time Warner Job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

4eternity in Webster, New York

24 months ago

Mr Anonymous in Dallas, Texas said: Wow, that was an interesting experience.

After filling out an online app. for an inside sales job, a recruiter calls me a few days later. The call goes well and she invites me in for an interview, scheduled for the following week. She said I'd get an email with more details (location, who I'd meet with, etc.) After a few days and no email, I called her back and she said not to worry, I should get it a day or two before the interview. The date came and still no email. Now she's not returning my calls....

Some of the background check consists of cable accounts I heard, were you up to date on your cable billing needs if not that could have been a factor on why they were hesitant.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

alecia in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

8 months ago

P6 Tech in Franklin, Ohio said: Anyone wearing a $300 coat should not have even applied to Time Warner Job

Agreed! Ha

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

C in Rochester, New York

3 months ago

I applied online for the Call Center rep position. Within a few days, I received an e-mail confirming a time for a phone interview. I was called by a Recruiter where they asked questions about my current job, why I wanted to work at TWC etc. I was asked to come in for an in-person interview. Their in-person interview process took about 2 hours. I met with 3 managers & a current rep whom took me on the tour around the call center. I was told you don't share desks with other employees & was shown the cafeteria etc. I did 2 formal interviews with the two different managers where they asked questions like "Tell me about a time where you had an upset customer" etc. The 3'rd interview was a mock phone call where I had to explain a bill to a customer and upsell to new services etc. All very easy and the managers were friendly and sociable. After the in-person interviews, I received another email a couple days later, informing me I passed and to complete the drug test and background check. I was offered 11.56/hr and accepted the offer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.