Horrible HR skills

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Jeffrey Domingo in Austin, TX in Austin, Texas

90 months ago

If you're applying at Time Warner Cable beware they like to string you along for months. They say you made it to the very top of the cut and make it sound you're the one they will select only to fill the position with an internal hire.

If you want to work for them, great. But it does seem like you have to know someone to get in there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

latoya in Bedford, Texas

90 months ago

I don't know any one and I got a interview 7 days later of applying.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Jan

89 months ago

THE HR PEOPLE THAT WORK AT THIS COMPANY IS VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. I had an inteview with them, and the first thing the recruiter said to me when we met was "I meant to call you last week, because after reviewing your resume I find that you are over qualified for this position". She had enough time to tell me I was over qualified for the job, since we spoke three times prior to the interview. I decided to go through with the interview to get the feel of the company. During the interview the phone rang and this lady was telling someone off on the phone while we were in the middle of the interview. After the interview I sent her a "thank you letter", and the follwong week I did not hear from them so I decided to call her and ask the status of the recruitment process. To my surprise the phone just kept on ringing, it did not go to voice mail or transferred to another number. After several attempt to reach her and her phone just rang out, I realized that this is not s place I would like to work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Josh in Canon City, Colorado

42 months ago

I'm sorry to hear that others had a bad experience.

Just to lend a different opinion, I had a superb experience with the TWC HR department. I was assigned a helpful representative who provided great info and was available whenever I needed him.

(Full disclosure, I just completed the onboarding process and will be starting with the company soon. This didn't affect my comment either way, but just to be clear.)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

boulder440 in Boulder, Colorado

31 months ago

Good Luck Josh. TWC is the worse place I've ever worked

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

FreeHatH in Syracuse, New York

19 months ago

boulder440 in Boulder, Colorado said: Good Luck Josh. TWC is the worse place I've ever worked

Couldn't agree more.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Time Warner Cable ex-employee in New Kensington, Pennsylvania

18 months ago

Overall TWC was a great place to work. For some reason, they seem to hold onto employees for forever, so you'll notice their HR department is extremely slow and old school. If you have ambition, you usually use TWC as a stepping stone to your next role. It's a place holder for a getting to a better paying job. Just be patient through the interview process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.