UHaul Employment

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

anonymous in Reno, Nevada

89 months ago

Employment with UHaul of Sacramento is the worst mistake anyone could make. Frank Stadenrous, President of UHaul of Sacramento is the absolute worst manager I have ever seen. He manages by intimidation and the atmosphere of the area is one of fear on a daily basis for your job. There is no support or training and the pay is lousy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Phillip Brooks in Fort Myers, Florida

84 months ago

I am interested in applying for the General Management Position you have in the Fort zMyers, Fla. area. Is there an online app. that I can fill out and submit???
Thanks for your immediate attention on this matter in advance.
Regards Phillip Brooks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Shauwney in Frederick, Maryland

82 months ago

The company is not that bad. I was there for a little over 2 years and although I can't say that it was a bed of roses, it was the most financially secure, and fair company I have ever worked for. There is room for growth (started as part time CSR, promoted to Assistant Manager in 6 months, and promoted to General Manager 1 month later and had my own store) and the benefits are phenominal. I left for various reasons (No time for family, or even myself due to long hours required, and moved to another city where there were no U-haul centers, just dealers) but I would consider going back... sometimes I ask myself WHY????? This is a VERY trying job because most consumers come in to the store based off of stereotypical opinions about the employees and are nasty to you from the break. Then they complain about previous experiences at U-haul. If it's so bad, then WHY DO YOU KEEP COMING BACK?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

marccss in Fairfield, California

75 months ago

I applied to a General Manager in Training position with U-haul through one of their job postings. I was interviewed days later by the "MCP" (marketing company president). BTW, what is up with that title? Shouldn't he be called a district manager?

Anyway, the interview seemed pretty simple and easy, too easy actually. Kind of like they are desperate for people. And after checking them out on here and on other sites, I can see why!

I told the MCP I was considering taking a position with a different company(true) and that I would call him today by 5 to let him know my decision. But, having just quit a retail manager's position where I worked 6 days a week and 65 hours, I am in no rush to get pulled back into that kind of a schedule again!

So I will tell him no thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

marccss in Fairfield, California

75 months ago

P.S. Evidently you can't say "s*ucked back in" (delete the *) on this posting because it is vulgar. LOL! I had to change it to "pulled back in" for it to let me post.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Charnita Jones in Orlando, Florida

69 months ago

I have a question instead of a comment. My question is does your company employ drivers to transport your vehicles from one place to another, intrestate and interstate? If so I have many years experience of OTR driving. I drove for GREYHOUND LINES as well as CONWAY formally CFI. If it's at all possible I'd like a response to this question. Thank you sincerely.
Charnita E. Jones

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

NFX in Ocala, Florida

66 months ago

Charnita Jones in Orlando, Florida said: I have a question instead of a comment. My question is does your company employ drivers to transport your vehicles from one place to another, intrestate and interstate? If so I have many years experience of OTR driving. I drove for GREYHOUND LINES as well as CONWAY formally CFI. If it's at all possible I'd like a response to this question. Thank you sincerely.
Charnita E. Jones

Check here: jobs.uhaul.com

search for you city, they do have transport jobs

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

reallytickedoff in birmingham, Alabama

46 months ago

Has anyone ever worked for this company, then left after a few years.. ETHICALLY i might add, but a written 2 week notice.. and not gotten their vacation pay, personal time.. etc?
I will be contacting the labor board AND eeoc first thing tomorrow.. its insane how they work you like a dog, you try to do the right thing, and even in the end they screw you.. so not only do they give customers the shaft.. they screw their employees too

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ANONAMOUS in Savannah, Georgia

41 months ago

Apparently it doesn't matter where you live to experience horrible employment by U-Haul. The discrimination in this company is horrible and no one does anything about it. Don't bother reporting it to the main company in Pheonix. They won't take care of the issues, either. Employment for this company is not based on experience, knowledge or job performance. It is based on if your liked by the managers or if you sleep with one of the managers, etc. I'm sure you understand where I'm going with this. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE COMPANY!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.