For 30 year upser

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Rocks_R_Cool in Carlisle, Pennsylvania

34 months ago

Hello, I was just hired for the pre-loader shift and I start begining of next week. While I was being interviewed, my interviewer was so impressed with my resume, that he asked if I would be interested in applying for the P/T Supervisor position they had opening up, as well as a HAzMat position. My question to you is this, what exactly are the salary and benifits for both of these positions? Would you recomend one over the other? I should mention that I have experience managing others, as well as dealing with HazMat. Also I am unconcerned with the benifits, my husband has been Active Duty Military for 25 years so far, so we are set on benifits. Any help you can give, or wisdom you can share, would be greatly apreciated. Thank You.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

daytimer in Manchester, New Hampshire

13 months ago

as a long time p/t ups employee, it is a compliment to be asked to be a supervisor part time. BUT all part timers can apply and have successs at getting that job as p/t supervisor. UPS is partial to anyone in the military. You can start as as partimer then apply for supervisor position at any time. part timers are union and supervisors are not . the supervisors used to have a better insurance plan and pension, but its changed in recent years. they are salary also. with fixed pay no matter how many hours they have to work. a call to your local union hall may give you exact numbers and comparison. but given his age , i think part time supervisor is a better choice. keep in mind , part time supervisors are the whipping boys at UPS and subject to transfers to other UPS facilities if theyre needed somewhere else. Starting pay as a new UPS part time employee sucks. Bear one thing in mind you are able to collect 2 pensions at UPS if you work required time and hours as a part time employee and then work as a part time supervisor the required hours.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.