UPS Rehire Policy

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

dizmasta1983@live.com in Park Ridge, Illinois

37 months ago

I worked at UPS for 8 1/2 years. I worked 1 year as a loader on the Local Sort and then I went into part-time management and left the union like an idiot in January of '03. I supervised until September of 2010 and due to getting arrested for a violation of something totally unrelated to ups and missed 2 days of work and got terminated. i want to work there again please help!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

ilkh in Detroit, Michigan

37 months ago

Multiple facts working against you:
(1) UPS prohibits management from returning to hourly status.
(2) Your separation was involuntary.
(3) Your separation was recent.

It's EXTREMELY unlikely UPS will ever rehire you. You should've challenged your termination (p/t sup are entitled to arbitration); at the very least, you could've bargained for your separation to be recorded as voluntary.

Not that I'd understand why'd you want to return to UPS, anyway; you were probably making at least $25,000 and would be lucky to top $10,000 as a new hire. Learn a lesson and move on. If you're still determined to work for UPS, my suggestion would be to apply for a seasonal position at an alternate center (or alternate shift) - they may be more lenient (heck, you're trained, right?) and the worst they'll do is tell you no.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Shadno in Dolton, Illinois

15 months ago

ilkh in Detroit, Michigan said: Multiple facts working against you:
(1) UPS prohibits management from returning to hourly status.
(2) Your separation was involuntary.
(3) Your separation was recent.

It's EXTREMELY unlikely UPS will ever rehire you. You should've challenged your termination (p/t sup are entitled to arbitration); at the very least, you could've bargained for your separation to be recorded as voluntary.

Not that I'd understand why'd you want to return to UPS, anyway; you were probably making at least $25,000 and would be lucky to top $10,000 as a new hire. Learn a lesson and move on. If you're still determined to work for UPS, my suggestion would be to apply for a seasonal position at an alternate center (or alternate shift) - they may be more lenient (heck, you're trained, right?) and the worst they'll do is tell you no.

well its been 2 years since i worked at UPS I wanna try working there again and area I worked at is hiring so

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

millard bailey in Huntington, West Virginia

14 months ago

i would like to go to dickinson ND and work for about 6 mo I retired from UPS in 2002 after 36 years of service to the company mu family really need this what are my options in this matter? Truck driver is all I know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

EF in Wildwood, Florida

14 months ago

millard bailey in Huntington, West Virginia said: i would like to go to dickinson ND and work for about 6 mo I retired from UPS in 2002 after 36 years of service to the company mu family really need this what are my options in this matter? Truck driver is all I know.

If you were a truck driver(W CDL) and not a package car driver, you should be able to land a job at any oil field in ND, that's the way I'd head!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.