UPS Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (21)

Host

It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at UPS?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Reply - Report abuse

Doug in Mosier, Oregon

91 months ago

they will ask thr normal ? just tell them the truth.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (79) / No (27) Reply - Report abuse

Deva in Wisconsin in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

90 months ago

I have an initial "tour" of the facility before the interview for package handler. I would like to know if anybody knows what you should wear to something like this. Thanks, also I am 45 years old(but don't look it) is that going to go against me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (175) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

pa in Pennsylvania

90 months ago

wear something casual like a button up and dockers

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

30 year upser

88 months ago

Deva in Wisconsin in Milwaukee, Wisconsin said: I have an initial "tour" of the facility before the interview for package handler. I would like to know if anybody knows what you should wear to something like this. Thanks, also I am 45 years old(but don't look it) is that going to go against me?

wear casual, but prepare to possibly get dirty. Sometimes they will let tourees load or unload to get a feel of what it feels like to do so. As far as age, if you feel that you are in pretty good shape, I cant see them not hiring you. In fact, I believe they like "older" people because they have better work ethic and are not likely to quit in two weeks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

30 year upser

76 months ago

Don't sweat it Marcus. You will do fine, although because it is summer, you will be sweating. :) It is hard to say what you will expect since I dont know what you will be doing. If it is loading or unloading, you will be trained by a supervisor. Several things to remember, Work hard, but dont kill yourself. Be on time and show up everday. This is what supervisors look for on new hires. Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

dave lee in Nashville, Tennessee

74 months ago

I am interviewing for an account executive position with UPS. I understand it is a 3 person panel interview and they will ask you situational questions. Can anyone give some tips on how to prepare for it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (232) / No (26) Reply - Report abuse

fandango1 in Sacramento, California

74 months ago

marcus epperson in Houston, Texas said: OK!!!! i got the job at ups i start sunday at 7:30pm but i want to know what to expect and what will i be doing on my first day?? im a bit nervous

hey..i was just wondering...how was the tour and interview....easy..hard? what they ask?
thanx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Courtney in Raleigh, North Carolina

74 months ago

dave lee in Nashville, Tennessee said: I am interviewing for an account executive position with UPS. I understand it is a 3 person panel interview and they will ask you situational questions. Can anyone give some tips on how to prepare for it?

I just had the same panel interview. Prepare by having a lot of examples about success and your ability to problem solve.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (46) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Meeh in Hayward, California

73 months ago

They told me slacks or jeans will do. Just be presentable. n' closed toe shoes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Meeh in Hayward, California

73 months ago

marcus epperson in Houston, Texas said: OK!!!! i got the job at ups i start sunday at 7:30pm but i want to know what to expect and what will i be doing on my first day?? im a bit nervous

i

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

psych guy in San Antonio, Texas

58 months ago

went in for an (Inside Sales Rep) ISR position. Here is how it went. Day 1-sit down face to face with HR person. Did a sales pitch role play and and typical interview stuff. Individual was so impressed I was given same day Sales Rep test on a computer. Lots of scenario driven questions. Again, after that was scored, they were still impressed and set me up right away with a 3 person panel interview next day! I really had no time to prep, but went it with an idea of what to expect. Well, I was wrong. I was unprepared somewhat for several statistical responses with having to give specific examples of "how i handled this conflict? Or how did I handle unresolved conflict?" Alot of questions like that. Like I said, I did not feel I was not ready, but now I wait to hear if I get the call back for orientation....guess we will see.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Pauline Straub in Greenville, South Carolina

58 months ago

I made it through that entire process, and guess what, their very first question to me was, "With all this background, why are you applying for this job?" (Silly question, I need a job). Then again, if you look anything around 50, I guess you are sol.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

Pauline Straub in Greenville, South Carolina said: I made it through that entire process, and guess what, their very first question to me was, "With all this background, why are you applying for this job?" (Silly question, I need a job). Then again, if you look anything around 50, I guess you are sol.

So Pauline, were you hired or do you think age was an unspoken discriminating factor?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Five1198 in Seattle, Washington

38 months ago

psych guy in San Antonio, Texas said: when i took it nearly 2yr ago, it had alot of scenario driven questions...

Thanks, math skills are a little rusty..does it go beyond basic skills..e.g., algebra, theory, etc.? High school was a looong time ago lol.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

sorry, that test was 2 yrs ago...it may hv changed and i dont recall

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Cloe in Decatur, Georgia

13 months ago

What was the tour an Interview like? I have one wed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

poser in Barrie, Ontario

7 months ago

I live in Canada and had an interview for a Delivery Driver job. There were 2 men that interviewed me, it was easy. They only asked me one "personality" question. (What would you do if a customer was screaming at you cuz you were late with their package?)Other then that they just told me about the job. I ended up declining for personal reasons but I did get the job if I passed the training etc. They wanted me to stay in a hotel for a week in a different city where the training was. They would pay for the hotel and $25 a day for your food. Also I think they were going to pay for your mileage as well. I asked if I could commute back and forth to the training, but they said no. They wanted you to stay at the hotel all week by yourself so you could study in your room at night. Hope this Info helps someone. If you have any questions you can ask me. Also if you have piercings or tattoos you have to remove piercings and cover your tattoos. So in the summer if you have an arm or leg tattoo you have to wear pants and long sleeves. Also for the week long training they want you to dress business casual so you CAN'T wear jeans or running shoes. Which I think is silly as it's just training but that's their policy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Aanchal in Singapore, Singapore

6 months ago

What did you answer for the question? (What would you do if a customer was screaming at you cuz you were late with their package?)

- Aanchal

poser in Barrie, Ontario said: I live in Canada and had an interview for a Delivery Driver job. There were 2 men that interviewed me, it was easy. They only asked me one "personality" question. (What would you do if a customer was screaming at you cuz you were late with their package?)Other then that they just told me about the job. I ended up declining for personal reasons but I did get the job if I passed the training etc. They wanted me to stay in a hotel for a week in a different city where the training was. They would pay for the hotel and $25 a day for your food . Also I think they were going to pay for your mileage as well. I asked if I could commute back and forth to the training, but they said no. They wanted you to stay at the hotel all week by yourself so you could study in your room at night. Hope this Info helps someone. If you have any questions you can ask me. Also if you have piercings or tattoos you have to remove piercings and cover your tattoos. So in the summer if you have an arm or leg tattoo you have to wear pants and long sleeves. Also for the week long training they want you to dress business casual so you CAN'T wear jeans or running shoes. Which I think is silly as it's just training but that's their policy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

poser in Barrie, Ontario

6 months ago

I just said that I would apologize to the customer. Then the interviewer said "well what if they didn't accept your apology and just kept screaming at you?" I then said that I would just continue apologizing and that I would try to calm the customer down. Then the interviewer AGAIN said "what if they just kept screaming." Then I said that I would contact my supervisor and let them know what was going on. The interviewer said "yes that's right you can't stand there all day and try to apologize to someone, there is only so much you can do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

reidjas in Toronto, Ontario

5 months ago

poser in Barrie, Ontario said: I live in Canada and had an interview for a Delivery Driver job. There were 2 men that interviewed me, it was easy. They only asked me one "personality" question. (What would you do if a customer was screaming at you cuz you were late with their package?)Other then that they just told me about the job. I ended up declining for personal reasons but I did get the job if I passed the training etc. They wanted me to stay in a hotel for a week in a different city where the training was. They would pay for the hotel and $25 a day for your food . Also I think they were going to pay for your mileage as well. I asked if I could commute back and forth to the training, but they said no. They wanted you to stay at the hotel all week by yourself so you could study in your room at night. Hope this Info helps someone. If you have any questions you can ask me. Also if you have piercings or tattoos you have to remove piercings and cover your tattoos. So in the summer if you have an arm or leg tattoo you have to wear pants and long sleeves. Also for the week long training they want you to dress business casual so you CAN'T wear jeans or running shoes. Which I think is silly as it's just training but that's their policy.

Hey,
I have an upcoming interview for a driver position in the toronto area other then the one personality question what did they ask? Did you dress casual?

Any tips would help thx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.