Why does UPS keep posting open job positions but has no appointments for interviews scheduled?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

unicornhearts in Richmond, Virginia

73 months ago

I'd prefer someone who has some insight into this company because I don't understand UPS at all. For about a month, I've been trying to work at UPS; I applied online, had the tour, did the interview, and got no call back even after they promised I'd hear from them. I called, left a message, and write them a letter and got no response. Not even a quick "thanks but no thanks." I keep checking monster.com to see if they've reposted the job position and they have; every week. Even as early as two days ago, actually. But when I go to the UPS career website, they have no appts scheduled. They haven't for the past two weeks. So why would they be posting open job positions without scheduling interviews upon a completed application? Even the ups website says that there are current openings at that location.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Tyiina Smith in Raleigh, North Carolina

73 months ago

I live in Raleigh, NC and it's the same thing here! I applied for a position at UPS and I get an email reminding me to finish my application, which I had been finished it! No phone call, yet the position is still posted!!!

I don't know what's up with that, but somebody need to start explaining what are these employers thinking? They could at least tell you "thank, but no thanks"!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

phuong le in Schaumburg, Illinois

35 months ago

Yes, It seemed like they want to exploit the fun out of desperate jobseekers. After my interview, they send a thank you letter, saying that they already pick more suitable candidate, wish me luck on my career path, and then... they just keep the same job over and over for more than a year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Randall Strouse in Avon, Indiana

18 months ago

unicornhearts in Richmond, Virginia said: I'd prefer someone who has some insight into this company because I don't understand UPS at all. For about a month, I've been trying to work at UPS; I applied online, had the tour, did the interview, and got no call back even after they promised I'd hear from them. I called, left a message, and write them a letter and got no response. Not even a quick "thanks but no thanks." I keep checking monster.com to see if they've reposted the job position and they have; every week. Even as early as two days ago, actually. But when I go to the UPS career website , they have no appts scheduled. They haven't for the past two weeks. So why would they be posting open job positions without scheduling interviews upon a completed application? Even the ups website says that there are current openings at that location.[/Q
I have had the same experience with Hertz. I think it saves a company time when they actually do have an opening, they can quickly call those they are interested in. It may save them time, but I find it very aggravating too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.