Package Handlers Jobs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 1507)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Elizabeth Webb in Maysville, North Carolina

91 months ago

I seek part-time employment with this company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (244) / No (59) Reply - Report abuse

April Cantrell

90 months ago

I was wanting to get a job in the Brokerage at ups I would like for some one to tell me how that you ,April Cantrell

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (60) / No (29) Reply - Report abuse

Doug in Mosier, Oregon

90 months ago

where do you live april

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (26) Reply - Report abuse

Doug in Mosier, Oregon

90 months ago

shouldn't be hard that is home base get to the hub show up everyday they will hire you. I wood. Great company they just make you pay your do's they want to see how much you can do AND TAKE.the more you can do the farther you will go.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

Corey in Florence SC

89 months ago

Why is it so hard to get a package handler job?.... I am 20 years old and a high school graduate... i have been applying at the UPS website for part time package handler every month since august.... and I havent gotten a single call.... any advice Doug?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (405) / No (65) Reply - Report abuse

Doug in Mosier, Oregon

89 months ago

what is your driving record like.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Doug in Mosier, Oregon

89 months ago

Keep trying they will hire you. Do they have a spot open where you want to work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Corey in Florence SC

89 months ago

yes i see it on indeed.com all the time.... i cant drive with them until im 21 right?.... thats what all the driving applications say so ive jsut been shooting for customer service agent or package handler

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Doug in Mosier, Oregon

89 months ago

go to there web site and fill out ap

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

carlos in Wichita, Kansas

89 months ago

Corey in Florence SC said: Why is it so hard to get a package handler job?.... I am 20 years old and a high school graduate... i have been applying at the UPS website for part time package handler every month since august.... and I havent gotten a single call.... any advice Doug?
you have a better chance of getting a job at ups if you know someone that works there if you don't it will take for ever for you to get a job @ ups.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

carlos in Wichita, Kansas

89 months ago

Corey in Florence SC said: yes i see it on indeed.com all the time.... i cant drive with them until im 21 right?.... thats what all the driving applications say so ive jsut been shooting for customer service agent or package handler
you don't want to be a driver, trust me unless you like to work long hours and love hard work then that is the job for you. but you will be a cover driver first and they get all the work and stay out till 9:00PM

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Same Boat in Ohio in Bowling Green, Ohio

87 months ago

How safe is the environmet at UPS? Is there any problems (particularly on the midnight and/or pre-load shift) with serious crimes such as rape, murder, etc.? Also, does anyone know if they pay for prior school loans? I have a ton of school loan debt about a year old. Moreover, does anyone know how often supervisor, administrative, and/or management jobs are available? Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Denise in Decatur, Georgia

87 months ago

Yes you have to be 21 to drive

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Ariel in Naperville, Illinois

87 months ago

I'm 17, petite girl and am going on a tour tomorrow night.
Does the tour indicate further interveiws? (anyone?)..

I enjoy hard labor oriented jobs, although I'm thinking they will take one good look and perhaps a silent laugh and tell me to be on my way.

also, I have noticable tattoos and a shaved head-
does this create a problem? oh boy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

B in The Dalles, Oregon

87 months ago

shaved head- great! tattoos girls that shave gotta love it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Phyl Aku in Austin, Texas

87 months ago

Corey in Florence SC said: Why is it so hard to get a package handler job?.... I am 20 years old and a high school graduate... i have been applying at the UPS website for part time package handler every month since august.... and I havent gotten a single call.... any advice Doug?

Find the phone number of the location you applied for and give them a call to ask about the status of your application.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Ariel in Naperville, Illinois

87 months ago

30 year upser said: Let's put it this way: If you can walk 20 feet without tripping, you're hired. If you tell them you like hard labor and dont mind getting your hands dirty (and you will), you're hired.
By the way, in my building, when they give tours, what they are doing is not only showing new people around, but also they may let them load or unload for a brief period of time just to show them what they will be doing and to see if this is what they want to do. Dont be surprised if this happens to you---Good Luck

This is noteworthy, puts me at ease. thanks man.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

B in The Dalles, Oregon

87 months ago

Phyl Aku in Austin, Texas said: Find the phone number of the location you applied for and give them a call to ask about the status of your application.

are you talking to me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

BRAD in The Dalles, Oregon

87 months ago

any advice Doug?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Alexa

87 months ago

Does anybody know if they do drug testing for package handlers?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (118) / No (42) Reply - Report abuse

30 year upser

87 months ago

Alexa said: Does anybody know if they do drug testing for package handlers?

as far as I know, they dont. however if you are applying for a driver, you will have to take a drug test

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Scott in Rochester, New York

85 months ago

Can I wear a black polo and tan shorts to the appointment? How is the early morning shift 3:30am - 9am

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

30 year upser

85 months ago

carlos in Wichita, Kansas said: no not true only management can not have facial hair.

or package car drivers. if you work in the buillding you can wear a beard. By the way, facial hair is referred to as beard only. You may wear a mustache but no long hair. Again this is in referrence to management and UPS drivers only.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Scott in Rochester, New York

85 months ago

Is a hoop earing on a guy ok, cuz it hurts to much to take it out, and i have my interview on friday? is that fine?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

30 year upser

85 months ago

as long as it isn't so big that it is distracting to the interviewer. Also depending on the size, they may ask you to remove it if you're hired becasue it may be a safety issue.
If you are applying for a driving positon, again, depending on the size, they may ask you to remove it for appearence sake.

good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Bob in Chicago, Illinois

84 months ago

Can any one confirm that ups does or does not drug test for package handler positions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (66) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

30 year upser

84 months ago

Bob in Chicago, Illinois said: Can any one confirm that ups does or does not drug test for package handler positions?

Unless you are going to be a delivery driver, you do not have to undergo a drug test. If you are going to be package handler, i.e. loader, unloader or sorter, you do not have to take a drug test.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (70) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

30 year upser

84 months ago

jacesKINGS in Woodway, Texas said: Could anyone tell me where part time package handlers work?... Is is at the UPS Warehouse, or at the UPS Store?? THANKS

Hey Jason,
Most jobs are either in Hub which is a big building or a center, where it is a smaller building. You can not get a job at the UPS store and work at UPS. Besides, the UPS store are franshised and operated by family memebers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

J in West Point, Georgia

84 months ago

I went on a "tour" for a package handler position about 1.5 weeks ago. How long afterward do they usually call you back?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

30 year upser

84 months ago

J in West Point, Georgia said: I went on a "tour" for a package handler position about 1.5 weeks ago. How long afterward do they usually call you back?

I am surprised you haven't been called back sooner. Call your local HR or go visit them personally. The fact that you are following up shows that you are interested in working for UPS and that will impress them,---Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Kelly in Atlanta, Georgia

84 months ago

Are there many woman that work as package handlers? I have an interview on the 17th and reading all this is making me a little nervous that I might not be able to handle it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Thanks 30 year upser! Made me feel a little better! I am not afraid of hard work. One more question for you...what shifts have your worked? Which one do you think is the best...or does it matter?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

brandon in Norfolk, Virginia

84 months ago

can u work both shifts?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

30 year upser

84 months ago

brandon in Norfolk, Virginia said: can u work both shifts?

only if they need people. However if it is a union shop and most hubs are, over time will be based on seniority.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

30 year upser

84 months ago

Jason in Centreville, Virginia said: Yea sometimes you have to fill out entire applications and then you set up and interview....I applied and got no feedback then when i looked at my college email it said i didnt completlely fill it out and when i did i immediatly got an interview...hope this helps

Corey--as I have said several times, if you dont get a response, especially after a month, I would go to the UPS facility to their HR. I think that the fact you went to see them personally, will impress them and you just might get an interview on the spot.

Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Hoobie in Jacksonville, Florida

84 months ago

HEY, well I have been trying to get a job with UPS for about two years now.. Nobody ever called me or anything, until this week. I simply updated my application and as soon as I submitted it I recieved a phone call setting up an appointment to go in and take a look around. A lot of you speak of how HARD the package handling job is, well im a big strong guy and i need the work, and could use the excercise, so I am not at all worried about the physical labor. I have been moving kegs for the past four years so this shouldn't be too bad.. I am, on the other hand, a little nervous about a drug test.. I see that some of you say package handlers are NOT required to take a test, but some people are saying you ARE. If I could get an accurate response to this, I would be very grateful.

30 year upser

84 months ago

Hoobie in Jacksonville, Florida said: HEY, well I have been trying to get a job with UPS for about two years now.. Nobody ever called me or anything, until this week. I simply updated my application and as soon as I submitted it I recieved a phone call setting up an appointment to go in and take a look around. A lot of you speak of how HARD the package handling job is, well im a big strong guy and i need the work, and could use the excercise, so I am not at all worried about the physical labor. I have been moving kegs for the past four years so this shouldn't be too bad.. I am, on the other hand, a little nervous about a drug test.. I see that some of you say package handlers are NOT required to take a test, but some people are saying you ARE. If I could get an accurate response to this, I would be very grateful.

I would be surprised to the point of shocked if you had to take a drug test. As far as I know, only package car drivers have to take a drug test. This makes sense since they are going to be driving have ton trucks and UPS wants to make sure they are alert and not spaced out. Hope this helps. By the way it sounds like you will be perfect for the job.
Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

30 year upser said: I would be surprised to the point of shocked if you had to take a drug test. As far as I know, only package car drivers have to take a drug test. This makes sense since they are going to be driving have ton trucks and UPS wants to make sure they are alert and not spaced out. Hope this helps. By the way it sounds like you will be perfect for the job.
Good Luck

Well alright then.. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jason in Manassas, Virginia

84 months ago

I have an appointment comming up for package handling. what should I wear? It says casual so is a polo shirt and cargo shorts with sneakers ok? Or some khakis and a nice shirt and shoes required? and can the proper attire affect the chances of me getting hired? any advice would really help, thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (45) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Do benefits start right away for part time package handler jobs at UPS? And if they are hiring right now, is it possible it is only for temporary holiday work and if it is...do you still get benefits?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Hey 30 year upser...one more question for you! Is it true during the holiday season you can work 6-8-10 hours with only one ten minute break? The main reason for wanting this job is to work the few hours first thing in the morning and then be able to be with my little girl the rest of the day. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

30 year upser

84 months ago

Kelly in Atlanta, Georgia said: Hey 30 year upser...one more question for you! Is it true during the holiday season you can work 6-8-10 hours with only one ten minute break? The main reason for wanting this job is to work the few hours first thing in the morning and then be able to be with my little girl the rest of the day. Thanks!

It depends on the shift. If you take an early shift, called sunrise, you will probably work 5-6 hours. morning shifts normally start about 2-3 in the morning and you get off about 7 a m. During the holidays, it may start earlier-perhaphs 1 a m and finish about 7 am or later.
This is a good opportunity to make some good money, Kelly. If it's possible I would try to see if you can get someone to stay with your daughter.
If you work, the noon shift, you will get about the same hours. If you work the evening shift it will be 6-to 7 hours. the only way you would work 10 hours is if you work a second shift. That is not likely to happen to you, because working doubles is based on seniority. Obviously you wont have that since you are working only seasonal help---hope this helps. ONe more thing--make sure you get a lot of rest the day before, because you will be doing a lot of pysical labor.

84 months ago

The shift I am going for here is the 4:00am to 9:00am shift. That way I can be home before my hubby goes to work. I wasnt planning on this only being seasonal. I applied there last month and the soonest I could make an appt to go in is on the 17th of this month. I wasnt even thinking that they may only want seasonal temporary people. I am looking for something permanent. I guess I can talk to them about that on Monday. As always..thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rob in Seattle, Washington

84 months ago

I'm applying for a position as a full-time, temporary, seasonal Package Delivery Driver. I'm curious about continued employment after Peak. How many hours a week would I be working? How long would I have to stay “part time” before moving up? Do I have a good shot at getting called back after Peak? I thought they moved package handlers up to driver positions, and didn’t recruit from outside. I interview for the position on Wednesday. Any comments or thoughts would be helpful as I'm looking to change careers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

30 year upser

84 months ago

Kelly in Atlanta, Georgia said: The shift I am going for here is the 4:00am to 9:00am shift. That way I can be home before my hubby goes to work. I wasnt planning on this only being seasonal. I applied there last month and the soonest I could make an appt to go in is on the 17th of this month. I wasnt even thinking that they may only want seasonal temporary people. I am looking for something permanent. I guess I can talk to them about that on Monday. As always..thanks!

Kelly--If you get a job in Sept or even Oct., consider yourself permanently hired. Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

30 year upser

84 months ago

Rob in Seattle, Washington said: I'm applying for a position as a full-time, temporary, seasonal Package Delivery Driver. I'm curious about continued employment after Peak. How many hours a week would I be working? How long would I have to stay “part time” before moving up? Do I have a good shot at getting called back after Peak? I thought they moved package handlers up to driver positions, and didn’t recruit from outside. I interview for the position on Wednesday. Any comments or thoughts would be helpful as I'm looking to change careers.

Rob.--the first thing you will need is a chauffer's license. If you don't have one, I suggest you get one now.
Also, If you are good in directions i.e being able to learn your route very quickly, that will also help. If you do a good job, you might be called back.
However I hate to say this but, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the phone to ring. The reason being; first of all, volume drops off dramatically after peak to the point that even permanent drivers are laid off and put in the hub to load or unload.
As far as drivers being hired only from the inside, that is not true. I had said earlier in another response to someone else that UPS hires what is called a 6-1 policy. UPS will promote 6 part timers to full time drivers and hire 1 from the outside to be a delivery driver.
By the way, you will also most likely have to take a drug test, so be ready for that.
If you want a permanent job after peak, you could apply for part time work. Depending on the hub, it may take you 4-8 years to become a driver.
Hope this all helps and the best of luck to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Glen in San Francisco, California

84 months ago

What differences are there in working as a package handler at an airport versus working in the hub? I recently interviewed for a part time package handler job at the Oakland hub. When the HR rep saw that I had worked for an airline as a customer service rep at SF international, he asked if I was interested in working as a package handerlat the Oakland airport. I said yes. Did I make a good choice?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

probably lol..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kelly in Atlanta, Georgia

84 months ago

Hey 30 year upser... About what we talked about before... I just got an email reminding me of my appt tomorrow at UPS and in the email it said it is a temporary position! I need a permanent position! Should I not even bother going or should I go and try to talk them into it or what?! I HAVE to have benefits!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

30 year upser

84 months ago

I dont know what to tell you Kelly. I am very surprised by that they are seeking temporary positions, unless they are getting ready for the holiday season. I suggest when you go to the interview, insist that you really need a permanent position. I do have another suggestion but you need to email me at:
tonyburdulis@yahoo.com

dont worry, I wont ask for your name or telephone number. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.