Prt Time Package Handler

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Sacred in Jersey City, New Jersey

26 months ago

So, I applied online for a UPS part time package handler job. I did a tour appointment, they ran a background check and then got a second appointment a week later where i filled out some forms and they took a copy of my Id and Social Security. Their where about 10 of us in the waiting room, some of them from the tour i had the week prior but not as many people this time, we all went into a large office and a supervisor explained many things about how those of us with the job will be seasonal and depending on our work may get permanently hired, we then went over basic safety instructions and whats expected of us. We were told to expect an email by Thursday. It is Sunday night. My question is how would i know if im hired? I believe my interview went great, the hr Rep had me sign a couple of forms so that the union may take money out my check, that i was agreeing with everything i was told, had me fill out a form in case something happens at work who can they contact. So i feel like i definitely have the seasonal job, but im not positive and i feel uncertain because i was told that filling out paperwork just means your a good candidate and you are considered but may still not get the job. Help please?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sacred in Jersey City, New Jersey

26 months ago

Well I never got the email yesterday like i was supposed to so i grew discouraged, But I Got a Call This Afternoon to Start Monday!!! WooHoo!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kevin in Stratford, Connecticut

21 months ago

Sacred in Jersey City, New Jersey said: Well I never got the email yesterday like i was supposed to so i grew discouraged, But I Got a Call This Afternoon to Start Monday!!! WooHoo!!!

How has your experience with the company been? Did they hire you permanently?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.