18 year old part time preload supervisor

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Kevin in Stratford, Connecticut

19 months ago

Hows it going people? Ive been with UPS since november, started seasonal as a loader. And was kept after the season ended. First of all id like to say i love the environment. Ive met alot of awesome people, And only have had to deal with a couple jerkoffs. its a great place for anyone in shape with a good work ethic to work at. anyway in January i was asked if i was interested in PT sup position. Took the test a few weeks back, it was easy as hell due to the fact the HR dude pretty much gave me the math answers Nd the rest of it is multiple choice "what would you do" questions. now im just waiting for them to start training me, i was told theyd start today, but i guess they were understaffed today and i had to do a regular shift. Anyway ive done a bunch of research and at first didnt know if i really wanted the job.. Almost everyone i talked to, supes included said to "STAY UNION"! that the job sucks and they hate their lives lol. But after i did alot of thinking i decided to take the job. For starters i start at 1,200 a month. 15 an hour with full time benefits. Plus the simple fact i am not only the youngest supe they've ever had, but also the youngest person that even works there lol my birthday was the 3rd of november and i started the 5th. I dont plan on staying there forever i want to become a cop. I busted my a** as a loader and now its time to bust my a** even more as a supe. Basically my main goal of this post is to persuade people not just around my age but anyone in need of a job to try their luck with the company. You may have a different experience but mine has been great so far!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Bradley in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

14 months ago

Hi my name bradley i am 19 year old i wonder if u can send me the test answer to myemail bradleygaliotte@gmail.com Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

smalltowngirl in Ashburn, Virginia

8 months ago

If your non union can you still sign bids when drivers jobs become available or no

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Yowza in Phoenix, Arizona

8 months ago

The rule is that for every 7 (or thereabouts, not sure exactly) union members that get pulled to driver, one manager can have a spot. Considering how little driver turnover is, this can mean a very long wait (we're talking the better part of a decade) for a manager to make it to driver if there are already a lot of managers on the list.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mzberry in Rosedale, New York

7 months ago

Congratulation,age is just a number and I like to see young people like myself move up in jobs.anyways I would love if you could Email me a copy of the test answers at tracyannfoster@yahoo.com please .thank you in advance.good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Mar in Sacramento, California

2 months ago

Kevin in Stratford, Connecticut said: Hows it going people? Ive been with UPS since november, started seasonal as a loader. And was kept after the season ended. First of all id like to say i love the environment. Ive met alot of awesome people, And only have had to deal with a couple jerkoffs. its a great place for anyone in shape with a good work ethic to work at. anyway in January i was asked if i was interested in PT sup position. Took the test a few weeks back, it was easy as hell due to the fact the HR dude pretty much gave me the math answers Nd the rest of it is multiple choice "what would you do" questions. now im just waiting for them to start training me, i was told theyd start today, but i guess they were understaffed today and i had to do a regular shift. Anyway ive done a bunch of research and at first didnt know if i really wanted the job.. Almost everyone i talked to, supes included said to "STAY UNION"! that the job sucks and they hate their lives lol. But after i did alot of thinking i decided to take the job. For starters i start at 1,200 a month. 15 an hour with full time benefits. Plus the simple fact i am not only the youngest supe they've ever had, but also the youngest person that even works there lol my birthday was the 3rd of november and i started the 5th. I dont plan on staying there forever i want to become a cop. I busted my a** as a loader and now its time to bust my a** even more as a supe. Basically my main goal of this post is to persuade people not just around my age but anyone in need of a job to try their luck with the company. You may have a different experience but mine has been great so far!

Hello, what kind of math. I hear it addition and subtraction is that true? Any advice for the exam will be appreciated. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mar in Sacramento, California

2 months ago

Hello, what kind of math. I hear it addition and subtraction is that true? Any advice for the exam will be appreciated. Thanks

mar in Mountain View, California

19 days ago

First of all, if those of you asking for the answers for a managerial test, you need to consider that the local/preload sort is all you should do....forget supervisor. I feel sorry for you business manager if you were promoted. To your original point, age is only a number and you can be successful, just remember its the result that counts.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.