How long does it take for UPS to run a background check?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (21)

unicornhearts in Richmond, Virginia

78 months ago

*Sigh....*

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Will someone PLEASE give me an answer so I can either stop worrying all together, or actually have my worrying be founded?! THANK YOU.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

yankee in St. Paul, Minnesota

78 months ago

unicornhearts in Richmond, Virginia said: Jeez, you guys are almost as bad as they are! A little help, please?! I'm asking you NICELY.

Lets just say, You didn't get it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

yankee in St. Paul, Minnesota said: Lets just say, You didn't get it.

If that is the case, how long could it possibly take to call me and say "thanks but no thanks"? no response whatsoever is inexcusably rude.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

ya......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

4we64syha5eyu5ru

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

/:

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Ny in Jackson Heights, New York

78 months ago

Hey unicornhearts, did they call you yet? I am waiting for the same response.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Radar in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

77 months ago

For me: 4 days. I seriously think it has to do with your interview. If they liked you they do the check and call you if not they are not liable to call you or contact you considering the background check is "still in process".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Watertown_UPS in Waterbury, Connecticut

74 months ago

why don't you just call them back?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rolsen188 in Richmond, Virginia

63 months ago

I had the first interview a week ago today- Sep 1, '09 and was told to go home and fill out my tax forms. Haven't heard anything since- about a second interview or background check.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Andrew Fitt in Chicago, Illinois

63 months ago

rolsen188 in Richmond, Virginia said: I had the first interview a week ago today- Sep 1, '09 and was told to go home and fill out my tax forms. Haven't heard anything since- about a second interview or background check.

did you hand in those tax forms completed ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

rolsen188 in Richmond, Virginia

63 months ago

All of the tax forms and other forms were online...on the UPS Jobs page where I applied in the first place...that's where he said they would be

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Andrew Fitt in Chicago, Illinois

63 months ago

rolsen188 in Richmond, Virginia said: All of the tax forms and other forms were online...on the UPS Jobs page where I applied in the first place...that's where he said they would be

they should also give u some more documnets to sign in person
Union documnets..etc

mr30witda30 in Washington, District of Columbia

31 months ago

I just got hired and asked the same question----> 3-5 days

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Geramie in Corpus Christi, Texas

29 months ago

I work with UPS, I'm a preloader on teh 2nd shift. It took 2 weeks for me to get accepted. It all goes by how many spots they have opened. If it's taking it a bit you either didn't get accepted (not easy to get with this company) or there are no spots open. Just check in on your app frequently to show them you're interested. talk to their HR

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Geramie in Corpus Christi, Texas

29 months ago

rolsen188 in Richmond, Virginia said: I had the first interview a week ago today- Sep 1, '09 and was told to go home and fill out my tax forms. Haven't heard anything since- about a second interview or background check.

You have to call them, they will not call you. They LIKE to see someone is interested. they hate TEMP or people that wants to play games with a job they give out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Me2you in Laredo, Texas

4 months ago

unicornhearts in Richmond, Virginia said: If that is the case, how long could it possibly take to call me and say "thanks but no thanks"? no response whatsoever is inexcusably rude.

Most companies have not only one applicant but various applicants applying for the same job and position. You have to keep calling them and asking when the background will be already. Sometimes they have so many background checks that they forget to do a certain background check that they obviously forgot to get yours done in the process. If you want them to be on top of things and in your case you do, you need to call them and just point blank ask, what is the hold up in your (BC). Oh, and one more thing, no company will ever call you back too say that you don't have the job. Now days they call you only when you do have the job. But if not you can keep calling them and ask them, that shows persistency.

Me2you in Laredo, Texas

4 months ago

Geramie in Corpus Christi, Texas said: I work with UPS, I'm a preloader on teh 2nd shift . It took 2 weeks for me to get accepted. It all goes by how many spots they have opened. If it's taking it a bit you either didn't get accepted (not easy to get with this company) or there are no spots open. Just check in on your app frequently to show them you're interested. talk to their HR

In my case, I am having to call more frequently, because the woman that works in HR's has forgotten to call me and ask me for my information. Therefore, I have to keep close contact so that they don't overlook my circumstances. It's all a really quick game, you have to keep at them and or at least, or until they hire you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Me2you in Laredo, Texas

4 months ago

yankee in St. Paul, Minnesota said: Lets just say, You didn't get it.

You could have been a little more enthusiastic, you know; show more, moral support. We have to be helpful to the many as I would think, you would be pleased; that someone decided or even offered you help, you know... When and if ever needed it. Just saying.

Me2you in Laredo, Texas

4 months ago

Call them back.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.