This company is horrible.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

Jeanne in Tallahassee, Florida

84 months ago

I worked for them 10 years ago and bailed out after only five months. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Shelley in Coarsegold, California

84 months ago

This was a good company back when it was Woodward Clyde. I worked in the san jose, CA office for 3 years and worked my way up from receptionist to Office Administrator. I helped with the merger with URS, I flew to Florida and learned new software and came back to share it with the office. I had to resigned due to my husbands transfer to Nevada. The Nevada office didn't have any positions for me at that time. Five years later My husband and I decided to move back, only to a place just outside of Fresno, CA. I went online and posted my resume on URS website, hoping to get a chance to work with them, while I waited I found a job nearby that sounded pretty good, so I took it. After I started working there I received a phone call from the Recuiter and was pursued by URS for 3 months for me to work for the Fresno Office, after working there for 7 months, I was Terminated for no reason AT ALL. My Friends and Co-Workers where shocked and very upset. I spoke to the VP of operations and no one cared. I was left with NO ANSWER, NO INCOME, NO WRITE UP, NO INS. NO NOTHING. What a SLAP in the face!!! I was even Threated by another employee, and nothing happened. TALK ABOUT BS! I WAS LEFT CRUSHED BY A COMPANY I DEDICATED MY TIME TO AND GAVE UP ANOTHER JOB FOR IT! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND LOOKING ELSE WHERE!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (45) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

bmd5150 in Rock Hill, South Carolina

79 months ago

I worked in the Buffalo office for four years and try to work them again. I was told they won't hire you if you leave them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

cocytus in Fort Wayne, Indiana

79 months ago

Do they ever called anybody back?
I've talked w/ other people and called them myself.
Nothing.
How do they stay in business?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Civil_Engn in Oakland, California

63 months ago

I would never recommend URS to anyone. I was treated very disrespectfully when I worked there. I was never given any warning or a reason why I was terminated, and the department head was actually laughing at me as I was being fired. He was a bully and a screamer, and everyone at URS knew it, but since he was high up in management and had never been disciplined for his actions, his behavior continued to spin out of control. I never understood why URS allowed him to treat other employees so badly, and why they had not terminated him.

It is a "white men only" company, and they do not like or accept women and minorities in their ranks. They will hire them for diversity purposes, but will not hesitate to let them know they're not welcome.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (42) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

computerdude in white planes, New York

57 months ago

URS is more like corporation x with the overhead people are that are decided to be most important people in the company such as accounting, HR, and management, not the engineers who make money for the company. People that are in high positions are likely not experienced, they deligate work to people not qualified but however get an apiffany and decide to have a competent engineer"to take a look". The most common excuse is underqualified engineer is their job to figure it out. however, the managers stupidity usually has this view on things .People are promoted due to the amount of time spent at the company instead of competinency in summary, its wasted talent on managment that sucks. period

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

onmyown in Las Vegas, Nevada

37 months ago

This company, and their divisional companies, such as EG&G Tech Services is a horrible company to work for. And management is very vindictive, and do not it when their employees are praised for doing their job while they are away. That is what happened to me, I did their job, was praised by other employees, and other departments for getting the jobs down, that weren't even mine, but I felt they needed to get done. The wouldn't have gotten done either while those people were absent. They were upset when they came back to find out I was patted on the back for doing their job... I was out of work 3 weeks later because I quit and didnt want to work for a company that allowed such ignorance to happen. If you wanna play the politics game, and I dont mean the typical stuff, go to work here, otherwise, I would seriously look somewhere else.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

obredegahgahgah in Manteca, California

31 months ago

wow so many bad comments about this company. i was going to apply, but definitely will not now. i am going to steer clear from a company that sounds so terrible by it's own people.

Anyone with the right mind would setup shop right across the street from their hq and take them on and win.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Loyal Employee in Las Vegas, Nevada

30 months ago

All of these stories sound so familiar. Wow. Not just me. You are supposed to be loyal to the company but URS is not loyal to it's employees. But that's ok though. They lie to you. The deputy PM even told one of the guys who applied for his job before he got there that you would need to "talk out of both sides of your mouth" or in other words "just lie to people". The Prog Manager for URS in Vegas (who never sees what work is really being done out at the site) just throws people under the bus without regard. Never stands up for any of his people. Doesn't care about anyone working for URS except himself. You are just a body to be chewed up and spit out. Nobody lasts more than about 3 years. Unless you are a great politician and backstabber. Wow. U.R.Screwed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

longtimevet in Las Vegas, Nevada

30 months ago

Hey Loyal. I worked for URS/EGG too and it was a good company before the new "J-Fyuk3" or JT3 contract too. It's all downhill everywhere you look. No use staying there since your tenure means nothing to them. Just sh*t on you. The admin weenies for JT3 are in town in their nice offices with their heads up their a**es. Screwing the workers out at the work location. They don't give a sh*t about you. A-Holes. No wonder they are always hiring. Nobody stays. Everyone just quits.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Joe in Apo

3 months ago

There is a lot of bad mouthing of URS here. The company has been nothing but good to me.I understand from college that any worker can find fault with any company. URS has a good personnel structure and attempts to take care of its employees the best it can.. Could there be improvements, sure why not suggest them to the company instead of public bashing? To me there are a lot worse companies out there and I have worked for some of them..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Kevin in Knoxville, Tennessee

1 month ago

I will say my experience with URS has been great. They paid for relocation, I received the offer within a week of the interview, and I received a raise after only being there for 6 months.

Also, the project I'm on had a big layoff (government funding) and of the multiple contractors on the project, URS treated their employees the best. They were upfront on the options and helped place folks on other projects if they were willing to move.

Instead of outright firing them, the employees were placed on standby so they could still keep their benefits and earn vacation for up to 3 months. Note that they had to pay their portion of the monthly premium; which was covered by their earned vacation in most cases.

I have multiple friends that work in the Fort Mill, SC office and they have similar feelings. It's not always the most interesting work, but they are a solid employer.

I don't interface with the corporate offices very much, so I can't vouch for all locations.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.