How to get a job at US Foodservice.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Host

Do you work at US Foodservice? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Anne in Avondale, Arizona

87 months ago

Ex Employee said: Are you kidding me? Why would you want to work for a company that treasts their people like a number? I worked there for 5 years and it was the happiest time in my life when I left.

Is there a reason why you "dislike" this company so much? What do you mean by they treat their people like a number? I would appreciate getting a response as soon as possible as I have a scheduled interview with them. Or is this only in Long Beach where you worked at? I have an interview at their AZ office. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Former employee in Liberty Lake, Washington

86 months ago

I used to work for US Foodservice and it was pretty good benefits. I guess it depends on where you work. Foodservice is not great in all cities. Go for the larger cities and you will do well. If you go for the "poor blue collar" communities there is not much margin.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

antonio in Memphis, Tennessee

70 months ago

Host said: Do you work at US Foodservice? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

i am trying to get in

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Stanley in Jackson, Mississippi

68 months ago

I worked for USfoodservice in Jackson for almost 8 years before they closed the plant. I was one first to ask about going to the Pearl location. Because I didn't kiss up to the branch president of only two years, they wouldn't let me transfer. Their was guys that got to transfer that wasn't there for two years. But because they hung with the supervisors they were recommended. I'm still trying to get hired. I have nothing against USfoodservice, but I do not like how I ws done by the management of Northstar Foodservice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

sunshinestate in lake worth, Florida

68 months ago

Stanley in Jackson, Mississippi said: I worked for USfoodservice in Jackson for almost 8 years before they closed the plant. I was one first to ask about going to the Pearl location. Because I didn't kiss up to the branch president of only two years, they wouldn't let me transfer. Their was guys that got to transfer that wasn't there for two years. But because they hung with the supervisors they were recommended. I'm still trying to get hired. I have nothing against USfoodservice, but I do not like how I ws done by the management of Northstar Foodservice.

At one point in the 1990's, US Foodservice was a good company to work for. I too experienced a facility closure in Florida at that time. Again returned to work for them 2003 - 2008 and it became a horrible experience. Inept and apathetic management. A sales force that couldn't sell a bottle of water in the desert. Find an independent if possible. Glad to be gone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

joe mole in Nashville, Tennessee

65 months ago

Host said: Do you work at US Foodservice? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

internet

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

joe mole in Nashville, Tennessee

65 months ago

good company to work for herd a lot of good thing

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

timcon in combined Locks, Wisconsin

59 months ago

Why would anyone want to work for this rotton company ? Trust me Work at SYSCO if you can. I can't speak for other divisions but MIlwaukee is horrible. In my district there was almost 200% turnover. When they hire you they tell you it will be a 6 week training program and it is 2days in the office and good luck. My district manager had 3 years of sales exp with SYSCO and 10 years as a line cook. Didn't know what the heck he was doing. I am sure there are alot more out there like him. DON'T DO IT !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

SBFG in Somewhere, New York

56 months ago

U.S. Foodservice is a very good company to work for. Make good money there. Good benefits. Just get your application put in and you'll most likely get an interview. That's how it was for me. I applied and got a call two hours after my application was put in. Even how the economy is right now, most jobs are laying off, but U.S. Foodservice still has job opportunities available.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Paula1 in Indianapolis, Indiana

9 months ago

Anne in Avondale, Arizona said: Is there a reason why you "dislike" this company so much? What do you mean by they treat their people like a number? I would appreciate getting a response as soon as possible as I have a scheduled interview with them. Or is this only in Long Beach where you worked at? I have an interview at their AZ office. Thanks.

Did you get the job with US Foods?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.