What's the company culture at USAA?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 4770)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at USAA?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at USAA?

Reply - Report abuse

Former Employee in San Antonio, Texas

103 months ago

Want to succeed at USAA? Be prepared to be a "yes" man or woman...(*name removed)(CEO) manages by fear and intimidation and has even stooped so low as to call his employees "spoiled brats" when USAA fell off the Fortune "Best Companies" list. Employees have most recently been warned to not reply to emails from outside the company or possibly be terminated. Oh, and make sure that you don't want in the hallway outside the CEO's office...that's a BIG no no! In short...it's a keep your nose to the grindstone, do what your told, don't ask questions and by all means don't question authority environment. Wonder why more than 1,000 people left the company this year...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (220) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

Still an employee in Hampton, Virginia

103 months ago

The 1st comment is correct. I can stll feel the marks on my back from the whipping.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (76) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

ex phoenix employee in Phoenix, Arizona

103 months ago

USAA is a sweatshop. You will be overworked. Hardly anyone applies to job postings and they are always understaffed (i.e. leaving you with more work).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (97) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Prospective employee in Bloomington, Illinois

103 months ago

Is all this true? I'm thinking of taking a job in San Antonio. Are some job area better than others? Aren't the benefits worth it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (45) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

10 year veteran of USAA/separated in San Antonio, Texas

102 months ago

Matt said: Wow. Thanks for all the comments. A real eye-opener. I am to interview for an investment related position there that pays less than my minimum and was going to consider USAA anyway based on their "great company" status.
I'll be keeping these scathing comments in the back of my mind.

Hello, Matt!

It sounds like you have an interview with IMCO, which is the financial management leg of USAA. My suggestion is to go into the interview with an open mind. I am the person who worked at USAA FSB for 10+ years, and I have many family members who work at IMCO. Some are happy, some are not, as with all employees. You may find that the company fits for you, but I ask that you read all the comments on this site and pick out the common threads in each message. This is really the true picture. Mostly, overwork, lack of assistance and worry that you are just one step away from being fired are very accurate. But also remember that Texas is an "at will State", whereas an employer does not have to give you a reason for dismissal, and USAA is famous for this.

If it were me, I would see what they have to say, and if it sounds like something you would be interested in, then go for it. At least you will know for yourself. I will be interested in knowing how it goes.

Best of luck...
MSP

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

102 months ago

Hello,

The company has been in business since 1922. I don't think fast growth is the problem. I think what's actually happened, and it's taken me a while to actually realize this, is that in the beginning, the members (customers), together with the CEO and its Board of Directors and employees were responsible for business development. If I'm not mistaken, the recent Board was selected by the current CEO, and the members and employees have no voice. Therefore, the "checks and balances" have been removed. Please don't misunderstand, it is heartbreaking to me that this once great company has started to move in such a different direction than what the founders envisioned. When I started at USAA, it was a source of great pride to say I worked there. Before I quit, I had gotten to the point of not disclosing where I worked because it would, without fail, generate a reaction of opinion of why the company was no longer what it once was. Furthermore, it was against policy to discuss this with anyone. It's just such a different atmosphere there now. The employees are no longer a commodity, they are now just the "hired help". It's now all about Executive Management and the "bottom line", not the members. Just my opinion...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (70) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

102 months ago

Ellie said: Yikes. I'm almost sorry I found this site! My daughter was recruited at a college job fair & interviewed a few months ago. They pretty much called her the next day and offered her an IT job. She's a communications major, so was concerned that this job really wasn't what she was looking for & has virtually no IT experience. In speaking with the people who interviewed her & with the benefits & salary, she decided to go ahead and accept the job. She doesn't graduate until May & has told them she'll start in July (in San Antonio).
I'm not sure that I want to share this info with her, as she's nervous enough about it.
Now I wonder if I should counsel her to look around and see what else is out there. Sure would like to hear someone say something even vaguely positive!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Prospective employee in Bloomington, Illinois

102 months ago

Concerned parent - keep in mind the perspective here. This site is more for those seeking employment, not necessarily a site the happily-employed would visit or contribute to. In no way do I question the integrity or opinions of those who've written so far - I appreciate reading them very much. It just needs a reminder to keep the perspective that it will likely be a one-sided picture you'll see here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Ellie in Houston, Texas

102 months ago

Thanks so much for your responses. My husband pretty much had the same response, as he works for a major oil company & mentioned that there are plenty of employees who have negative things to say about that company. If nothing else, it will be a good place for her to get some experience. You're right a new job is always a "crap shoot" and one does always have to start somewhere. Thanks again for your positive comments!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

102 months ago

Since I have not worked in the IT area of USAA, I cannot give you a full account of the atmosphere. I do know that when there are layoffs, IT is hit first. While I was there, USAA hired thousands of IT people who came from India. Some are contractors, some converted to permanent positions. They are paid about one half the salary that their American counterparts were making. Many American IT employees were laid off to make way for the people from India. Although the Indian employees are good at what they do, there is a severe language issue. For myself, if I had to call IT because of system problems, one of these employees would show up at my desk, and I could never understand what they said to me. It was stressful, but as long as my system was repaired, I could not complain. USAA has really taken to outsourcing the IT area, so I am surprised that American citizens are being considered for jobs. I think they are willing to hire American citizens who are not experienced in IT so that they can keep a positive bottom line. None of the East Indian employees are in management positions so I assume USAA will hire American citizens for managing the IT units.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

102 months ago

I am so sorry about what happened to you at USAA. Please know that your treatment is very common at USAA no matter what department you are in. I know it's tough right now because they questioned your integrity and it's insulting. You know that you are not the one to blame for this. I would advise that you write a letter to the company explaining your issue, and be sure that everyone, including the CEO is copied on it. If you have any evidence to help your cause, provide it. As I have suggested to others who were treated the same way, the letter will not only serve as documentation, but it will be helpful to you to put it all behind you. Good luck to you with any new endeavors, and try to look at it as a possible blessing in disguise. I know many people who after a while found another company that treated them so much better that they are now thankful they were forced to leave USAA. Better things were in store for them. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

interest in Winfield, Illinois

102 months ago

WOW! I always thought that USAA held high standards and respect to its employees since they are serving the military people. What happened! Certain people in San Antonio that I spoke about USAA mentioned that it's a very hard place to get employed by but by the looks of mostly everyones opinion, its not! please reply!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Curious In San Antonio in Schertz, Texas

102 months ago

My wife is being offerd a job as a Mortgage Processer by USAA. What would this be like? We keep hearing bad things about the company. What kind of salary would this pay, we are under the impression 35k, this doesn't seem like a lot to us. We are new to the area. Has anyone heard of OSO Promotions, they wanted to interview my wife, but I tried researching the company, cant find anything. I think it may be a fraudulant company, they actually have three names they are going by, Skyline Promotionz and a Wholesale Warehouse. My wife turned down the interview. Any info would be great. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

mike from UTSA in San Antonio, Texas

102 months ago

I am a senior at UT San Antonio and will be graduating in Dec 07 with a degree in Finance. Is there any positions that someone could suggest that i can possibly get started with in the company. I am looking to go towords a financial advisor. What is the current pay range in this area for a rookie? Do they offer internships? Any other info for a soon to be college grad would be great.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

102 months ago

interest said: WOW! I always thought that USAA held high standards and respect to its employees since they are serving the military people. What happened! Certain people in San Antonio that I spoke about USAA mentioned that it's a very hard place to get employed by but by the looks of mostly everyones opinion, its not! please reply!
As of this moment, USAA is attempting to hire to replace the hundreds that they have lost. I know of several people who have interviewed or have received offers. All of them told me they were not impressed with the interview or the job offer. USAA reputation has been hurt badly because of the poor management. But, heads are rolling as we speak, so hopefully, the company can get on the right track again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

102 months ago

Curious In San Antonio said: My wife is being offerd a job as a Mortgage Processer by USAA. What would this be like? We keep hearing bad things about the company. What kind of salary would this pay, we are under the impression 35k, this doesn't seem like a lot to us. We are new to the area. Has anyone heard of OSO Promotions, they wanted to interview my wife, but I tried researching the company, cant find anything. I think it may be a fraudulant company, they actually have three names they are going by, Skyline Promotionz and a Wholesale Warehouse. My wife turned down the interview. Any info would be great. Thanks.

I have not heard of the Skyline company. Right now, Mortgage processing is going through a very trying time. They need good people, but the problem is that good people will not stay around long enough to make a difference. The company atmosphere is not about inspiring people like it used to be. Now, the employees are being threatened into performing. This is not a motivating in my book. Gone are the times when you were empowered and inspired by the Executive team. You wanted to do your best and you were rewarded for it tremendously. Unfortunately, not anymore. I sure hope they regain their old corporate culture.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

102 months ago

I have a nephew who is in the Finance area of USAA and he has his finance degree from UTSA. You must start out in a call center environment if you have no other experience other than a degree. I know it does not pay a lot, possibly in the $32,000 to $35,000 range. As long as you do your job and don't get involved in office politics, you should be fine. They are hiring right now and I know they are having another job fair very soon. Hopefully, the atmosphere is going to change for the better. I wish you luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

mike from UTSA in San Antonio, Texas

102 months ago

when you say experience do you mean like in that exact field or just sales in general. i currently work at bank of america as a teller but i feel its time for a change. when are these fairs and what is the application process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

USAA concerns in Winfield, Illinois

102 months ago

I understand that USAA has gone through great changes but how different is it than working for a government agency or private companies? I have worked for several companies as a consultant and to me, they all have their political of doing things. Please respond!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

USAA concerns in Winfield, Illinois

102 months ago

I have another question? As an employee of USAA, do you get the same benefits (auto/life insurance and banking) as military families do? I understand that this company is the only insurance company that provides coverage for the military, State farm and Allstate do not.

I here that they have great benefits!
Please respond! Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

EX-San Antonio Employee in Bryan, Texas

102 months ago

The majority of jobs at USAA require you to work in their call center. DO NOT ACCEPT A JOB AT USAA WORKING ON THE PHONE. That is the best advice I can give. If you are offered a professional position that does not require you to be connected to a headset it may be worth looking into. If you do not have the experience for a particular professional position you like then get the experience somewhere else and then apply. Working in the call center is a dead end job and provides nearly zero opportunity to advance. Do not go in with the, I’ll just get my foot in the door mentality. You will be in the same position three years down the road with little hope of moving up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Arlington Heights, Illinois

102 months ago

Susan WIlliams said: Does anyone have a local phone number for Human Resources at the Phoenix location?

Try looking on www.linkedin.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

102 months ago

mike from UTSA said: when you say experience do you mean like in that exact field or just sales in general. i currently work at bank of america as a teller but i feel its time for a change. when are these fairs and what is the application process.

The fact you have worked for a bank, any bank, would place you in the top running for a spot at USAA. I know of someone who was just hired on and they have no banking experience. They were hired for the mortgage processing area. At this point, USAA will hire people with no experience. When I was hired, USAA would not even call you for an interview unless you had at least 2 years mortgage experience. Not anymore. It's too difficult to find new hires who are experienced now. All the experienced people know of the USAA culture now and do not want to place themselves in that type of environment I would imagine. But good luck to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

102 months ago

USAA concerns said: I have another question? As an employee of USAA, do you get the same benefits (auto/life insurance and banking) as military families do? I understand that this company is the only insurance company that provides coverage for the military, State farm and Allstate do not.
I here that they have great benefits!
Please respond! Thank you.

Yes, you are entitled to USAA insurance coverage. But, keep in mind that USAA insurance rates are some of the highest around. Years ago, many members did not care that they were paying higher premiums because the service was so good and it was such a pleasure to do business with the company. I think many members have now switched to other companies for coverage because the service is not what it used to be. The employee morale is low and it spills over to the members. I think this is one of the biggest disappointments for me. When I worked there, members used to praise the service they received and would say that they were aware they were paying much higher prices for their coverage. What made the company competitive was the superior service they received. That is worth a lot to most people. I used to discuss how wonderful the employees were treated and that it was a pleasure to assist them and pass on my contentment to them. It's just not the same anymore. Even though I gave the members the best service I could, toward the end of my career there, I did not feel I could give them the service they deserved. If I gave too much, I would have gotten written up. If I gave too little, I would have gotten written up. It was difficult because no matter what any of the employees did, it was not satisfactory to management. What a difference a year made...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

102 months ago

USAA concerns said: I understand that USAA has gone through great changes but how different is it than working for a government agency or private companies? I have worked for several companies as a consultant and to me, they all have their political of doing things. Please respond!

Yes, you're right. Every corporation has a particular culture. Most of the time, it is the culture of "the bottom line". But, since 1922 USAA was the "gold standard". As their slogan went, "We know what it means to serve". That was so very true. And as I eluded to in other messages, it was once a pleasure to serve the company and its members. I would say that the decline started within the last 5 to 6 years, and in the last year the decline accelerated tremendously. You have to remember that USAA is a non profit organization, so the culture was different than most large companies. At the present time, I don't mind telling you, that I now work for Washington Mutual. And even though WAMU is a much larger company than USAA, they treat their employees with much more dignity than USAA at the present time. Yes, there are WAMU employees that may not care for their managers or may want to complain about this or that, but the day I walked into WAMU as a new employee I must have seen 200 people I knew....all were former USAA employees...what does this tell you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

102 months ago

EX-San Antonio Employee said: The majority of jobs at USAA require you to work in their call center. DO NOT ACCEPT A JOB AT USAA WORKING ON THE PHONE. That is the best advice I can give. If you are offered a professional position that does not require you to be connected to a headset it may be worth looking into. If you do not have the experience for a particular professional position you like then get the experience somewhere else and then apply. Working in the call center is a dead end job and provides nearly zero opportunity to advance. Do not go in with the, I’ll just get my foot in the door mentality. You will be in the same position three years down the road with little hope of moving up.

I agree with what you wrote. I stayed in call center for 2 years working 9:30 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. I finally made it off of call center with a lateral move, but it took moving mountains to do it. Mostly, it was because I was not part of the "in crowd". I'm sure you know how clickish some of the departments are. If you're not "one of them", then you're no one. I think you just gave some very sound advise in your message. I understand, and correct me if I'm wrong, reps in call center only get 30 minutes for lunch, and sometimes when call volumes are heavy, they will bring in lunch for the units but you must remain at your desk to eat so that you stay on the phones. I think this is brutal. Phone reps anywhere have a very monotonous job. I almost went nuts doing it, so when I finally got promoted, I had the utmost respect for those on the phones. I used to tell them how much I respected them and that I never forgot what it felt like taking one call after another with such short breaks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

102 months ago

anonymous said:
Try looking on www.linkedin.com

I would suggest calling the main number to the Bank at 800-561-2265. Keep pressing O through the prompts to try to get to the operator. The new voice response system is confusing, but I think you'll eventually get to a human by pressing zero over and over again. Then just ask to be transferred to Phoenix HR. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Annie in San Marcos, Texas

102 months ago

Ellie said: Yikes. I'm almost sorry I found this site! My daughter was recruited at a college job fair & interviewed a few months ago. They pretty much called her the next day and offered her an IT job. She's a communications major, so was concerned that this job really wasn't what she was looking for & has virtually no IT experience. In speaking with the people who interviewed her & with the benefits & salary, she decided to go ahead and accept the job. She doesn't graduate until May & has told them she'll start in July (in San Antonio).
I'm not sure that I want to share this info with her, as she's nervous enough about it.
Now I wonder if I should counsel her to look around and see what else is out there. Sure would like to hear someone say something even vaguely positive!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

102 months ago

Just to let you know, a local TV station WOAI did a report on the current CEO saying that many of the IT positions were outsourced to India because the talent wasn't in America;otherwise, USAA would have them as employees. Needless to say, I am sure no self-respecting IT person would work for the company. I was there as a Claims Adjuster and was laid off like many thousands of others......beware. I would say try it but just don't expect to last for a long time. It is nothing like it used to be. So many unhappy members and employees. Truly, truly sad.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

102 months ago

Just to let you know, a local TV station WOAI, did a story about how many IT professionals were laid off when jobs were given to people from India. The reporter got a management meeting tape of the current CEO saying that they were doing so because the IT talent just wasn't here or USAA would have it. What an uproar. USAA sued Clear Channel claiming the reporter obtained confidential and proprietary information. Those of us who worked there loved it because it showed a truer image of the man and what he has done to a once great company. However, in fairness, I do think your daughter should give it a shot, she's young and it will be a good experience for her but I hope she doesn't believe it will be her one and only job. I think those days are long gone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bret in San Antonio, Texas

102 months ago

I work at USAA and love it! It is a fun, energizing place to work. The pay is great, and benefits are extraordinary. Is it challenging? Yes -- definitely not a place for people who want to sit around and wait for retirement. I would recommend it to any friend.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

102 months ago

Annie said: Just to let you know, a local TV station WOAI, did a story about how many IT professionals were laid off when jobs were given to people from India. The reporter got a management meeting tape of the current CEO saying that they were doing so because the IT talent just wasn't here or USAA would have it. What an uproar. USAA sued Clear Channel claiming the reporter obtained confidential and proprietary information. Those of us who worked there loved it because it showed a truer image of the man and what he has done to a once great company. However, in fairness, I do think your daughter should give it a shot, she's young and it will be a good experience for her but I hope she doesn't believe it will be her one and only job. I think those days are long gone.

Yes, and if you can remember, it was after the WOAI piece is when things really started to spiral out of control at the company. If you notice, the CEO changed his demeanor in the meetings on a 180. No more "Mr. Nice Guy". Honestly, I thought the employee who gave the business plan to the media made a terrible mistake. He put the entire workforce at jeopardy. What little trust that was left at that time was totally destroyed and the other employees suffered the CEO's wrath. They're still suffering for it. I know a lot of good IT people who lost their jobs to outsourcing, and that was a shame. I know a lot of others who were extremely loyal to the company were never trusted again. I saw that as an unfortunate circumstance. I was employed there then and no one trusted anyone there again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

102 months ago

Bret said: I work at USAA and love it! It is a fun, energizing place to work. The pay is great, and benefits are extraordinary. Is it challenging? Yes -- definitely not a place for people who want to sit around and wait for retirement. I would recommend it to any friend.

I wish you the best during your employment there. You remind me of me about 5 years ago. Just remember that things change in a heart beat there. I'd be interested to know what you think about the company in a years time. Please write back and give us an update. And watch your back...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

IT in Chicago, Illinois

102 months ago

Annie said: Just to let you know, a local TV station WOAI, did a story about how many IT professionals were laid off when jobs were given to people from India. The reporter got a management meeting tape of the current CEO saying that they were doing so because the IT talent just wasn't here or USAA would have it. What an uproar. USAA sued Clear Channel claiming the reporter obtained confidential and proprietary information. Those of us who worked there loved it because it showed a truer image of the man and what he has done to a once great company. However, in fairness, I do think your daughter should give it a shot, she's young and it will be a good experience for her but I hope she doesn't believe it will be her one and only job. I think those days are long gone.

Would there be a way to watch this video. I am very interested to see it, if so where is it located?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ellie in Spring, Texas

102 months ago

Ellie in Spring, Texas

102 months ago

Thanks for your response. I also think that it's a good idea for my daughter to give it a try. It was a generous offer for a first time job & nothing is forever, so she may as well give it a go, get some experience and if it doesn't work out, she has a world of opportunities. I'll check back on here after she's there for a while and let you know how it goes!

EBony in Peoria, Arizona

102 months ago

Former Employee said: Want to succeed at USAA? Be prepared to be a "yes" man or woman...(*name removed)(CEO) manages by fear and intimidation and has even stooped so low as to call his employees "spoiled brats" when USAA fell off the Fortune "Best Companies" list. Employees have most recently been warned to not reply to emails from outside the company or possibly be terminated. Oh, and make sure that you don't want in the hallway outside the CEO's office...that's a BIG no no! In short...it's a keep your nose to the grindstone, do what your told, don't ask questions and by all means don't question authority environment. Wonder why more than 1,000 people left the company this year...

Tell me about it, I worked a help desk position for them for about 2 weeks. They hired me because I had prior experience and then when I used it I ended up offending some losers and they fired me. They claimed that this job wasn't important enough to me because I go to school full time and work, so they fired me for trying to obtain further education, go figure ......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

102 months ago

You could try to find it on the woai.com website. It may be archived, but I think because USAA filed a suit against WOAI, they may have removed it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

102 months ago

EBony said:
Tell me about it, I worked a help desk position for them for about 2 weeks. They hired me because I had prior experience and then when I used it I ended up offending some losers and they fired me. They claimed that this job wasn't important enough to me because I go to school full time and work, so they fired me for trying to obtain further education, go figure ......

At one time, USAA was very encouraging about the employees' continuing education. But, I'll tell you a story that I heard from my best friend. She has a cousin who works in Ins. area of USAA. He had began working at USAA a few years ago and was also attending law school (not an easy task as you can imagine). His wife was expecting their first child and she had had a difficult pregnancy. Because she was experiencing problems he had to take time off to care for her and had used up almost all of his PTO, but was under FMLA to preserve his job. When she was 8 months pregnant, he was scheduled to take the Bar Exam. I understand the Bar Exam takes about three days, and he did not have the annual left to take the time off with pay. He was willing to take the time off without pay to take the test. When he advised his manager that he would need three days off to take the Bar and was aware he would not be paid, his manager denied the request. She advised him that the department was too understaffed for him to take that much time off. He explained to her that he had been preparing for the Bar for a long time and he tried to stress how important this was. She told him that if he took the time off he should not bother to return to USAA. Of course, they depended on his job for insurance coverage for the birth and the health care of both his wife and the new baby. He had no choice but to miss that opportunity to take the Bar at that time. He had to wait and take the test after the baby was born. I felt so badly for them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

phoenix in Phoenix, Arizona

102 months ago

The company does ask a lot of you, but the benis and amenities onsite are worth it. The fact that my son is on campus at a great daycare is worth the stress and demands of the job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Looking in Phoenix, Arizona

101 months ago

Beware, it is like big brother there. I know a person who got fired because they were watching her email. They watch everything.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

Steve in Houston, Texas

101 months ago

i am another person who is shocked to see the comments everyone has left regarding usaa. i grew up not too far from san antonio and usaa always had a good reputation as a very large, diversified company with many members, large numbers of controlled assets; in other words a safe and stable company. i also am in dicussions with them for a professional job that is unrelated to customer-facing sales and service. are most of the experiences left here from a particular divison or profession/job function?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Maria in San Antonio, Texas

101 months ago

I just recently was relocated by USAA to Texas from another state. I have heard so many different stories, many of them bad..I don't know what to think. When they hired me, they gave me a written agreement, which didn't include any tests. Now I am hearing if we don't get an '85' on the tests they give us, we will be fired. Not to mention we wil be fired for this and that. I like it there, and I am making good money, but I have been deceived and hurt so many times by other companies, I'm a little scared. I hope I have not made the wrong decision by coming down here. Please, any advice or comments would be welcome.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

interest in West Chicago, Illinois

101 months ago

Maria said: I just recently was relocated by USAA to Texas from another state. I have heard so many different stories, many of them bad..I don't know what to think. When they hired me, they gave me a written agreement, which didn't include any tests. Now I am hearing if we don't get an '85' on the tests they give us, we will be fired. Not to mention we wil be fired for this and that. I like it there, and I am making good money, but I have been deceived and hurt so many times by other companies, I'm a little scared. I hope I have not made the wrong decision by coming down here. Please, any advice or comments would be welcome.

Please let us know your opinion on your current experience with the company. Have you've personally experienced any of the things mentioned in this forum? The only suggestion I have at the moment is to do the best you can and keep a positive outlook of yourself.

Any other suggestions from the forum crowd?

Good luck!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

101 months ago

Maria said: I just recently was relocated by USAA to Texas from another state. I have heard so many different stories, many of them bad..I don't know what to think. When they hired me, they gave me a written agreement, which didn't include any tests. Now I am hearing if we don't get an '85' on the tests they give us, we will be fired. Not to mention we wil be fired for this and that. I like it there, and I am making good money, but I have been deceived and hurt so many times by other companies, I'm a little scared. I hope I have not made the wrong decision by coming down here. Please, any advice or comments would be welcome.

Please let us know your opinion on your current experience with the company. Have you've personally experienced any of the things mentioned in this forum? The only suggestion I have at the moment is to do the best you can and keep a positive outlook of yourself.

Good luck!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

101 months ago

Good luck!!!!!

Do tell us! in West Chicago, Illinois

101 months ago

Good luck!!!!!

101 months ago

Good luck!!!!!

Hi Maria in West Chicago, Illinois

101 months ago

Could you give us an example of what have you've currently experienced with the company? Have you personally experienced anything related to the forum? That would help generate better advice for you.

Thanks and good luck

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.