Hiring over 40

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Misty in Los Alamitos, California

52 months ago

I have read some of the comments here and wonder if I am wasting my time with UHG. I'm over 40 with a clinical license and an advanced degree. I'm looking for something more along the lines of a supervisory, lead, or manager position. How old are the managers at UHG?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

xyz in Albany, New York

51 months ago

Please spare yourself the misery. I, too, have advanced degrees and was promised the world when I was hired. It's all BS because I've not moved up from the grade I was hired at while idiots with GEDs and less than one years' experience have advanced. I am over 50 and this company consistently discriminates against those 40+. Education and experience are not highly-prized commodities with UHC. Find a company that will appreciate you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

united in Minneapolis, Minnesota

50 months ago

I can not agree more with xyz in Albany. United Health is a terrible place to work. Move on!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Yaba in San Antonio, Texas

36 months ago

I think it depends on the department and the area of the country you work. I work in a department where the staff is all nurses and most of the supervisors and managers are over 40.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

MaryAnneinFl in Orlando, Florida

31 months ago

united in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: I can not agree more with xyz in Albany. United Health is a terrible place to work. Move on!!!

terrible place to work and they do discriminate

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.