Back Up

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (16)

confussedforsure in Pflugerville, Texas

31 months ago

I received a call with information on the positon and the salary. However I was told I was listed as a back up for the class, and someone would call me the day before or the day of to let me know if I was selected for the training class. I an so confussed on how you can dangle someone like that. I also received iformation about 401K and the employee stock programs, does this mean I have the job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

WTH in Katy, Texas

30 months ago

confussedforsure in Pflugerville, Texas said: I received a call with information on the positon and the salary. However I was told I was listed as a back up for the class, and someone would call me the day before or the day of to let me know if I was selected for the training class. I an so confussed on how you can dangle someone like that. I also received iformation about 401K and the employee stock programs, does this mean I have the job?

Hi there. I saw your post today and was wondering if you heard anything from United Health Group because I am going through the same exact thing? I have passed all of the background tests and everything but was informed that I was listed as a backup for the training class. I'm a little confused because they say I'm hired but they wont give me a date as to when I will start. If the training class is full shouldn't they have a date for the next training class? I just don't know what to do or think.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Yaba in San Antonio, Texas

30 months ago

In what department were you hired? In the past, I know when there have been a large number of new hires, they may have more than one training session. I would think that if you did not get into the current one, they would be able to give you a general idea of when the next one would scheduled.

mamaq in Albany, New York

26 months ago

Yaba in San Antonio, Texas said: In what department were you hired? In the past, I know when there have been a large number of new hires, they may have more than one training session. I would think that if you did not get into the current one, they would be able to give you a general idea of when the next one would scheduled.

Pray hard they don't call you. They are famous for this type of thing. They are probably waiting to see who doesn't show for the class or who doesn't come back after the first day or the week. Do yourself a favor and concentrate your efforts elsewhere. This place is nothing but a factory with carpets and is filled with clueless and incompetent "leadership."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

messed-up in Houston, Texas

25 months ago

WTH in Katy, Texas said: Hi there. I saw your post today and was wondering if you heard anything from United Health Group because I am going through the same exact thing? I have passed all of the background tests and everything but was informed that I was listed as a backup for the training class. I'm a little confused because they say I'm hired but they wont give me a date as to when I will start. If the training class is full shouldn't they have a date for the next training class? I just don't know what to do or think.

I have applied for a clinical position, had the phone interview, and face-to-face interview. I have been emailing to know the status of my interview. All the manager tells me is that "we're still interviewing." This has been going on for about 3weeks. After reading all the negativity, I think that I need to move on. Any advice about their nursing/clinical positions? Am I wasting my time?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Confused101 in Pasadena, California

7 months ago

Hey, I just read your post about the training class being full and I am also in the same predicament right now. Did you hear from them again?

nikita doe in Columbus, Ohio

7 months ago

Confused101, don't lose hope! I also was initially hired as a backup (due to the class being full), but a week before classes started, I received a call from UHG offering me the position.

Confused101 in Pasadena, California

6 months ago

nikita doe in Columbus, Ohio said: Confused101, don't lose hope! I also was initially hired as a backup (due to the class being full), but a week before classes started, I received a call from UHG offering me the position.

Unfortunately, Unitedhealth group has made my worst fears a reality by calling me the day after class training began to notify me that the class is full and there is nothing they could do. I asked them information about when the next training class begins and the recruitment lady, which her name was Brooke, told me verbatim, " I really don't know when so it's better for you to explore employment opportunities elsewhere." Keep in mind that I left my other job for this one. I was so shocked, humiliated, and very upset on the fact that, how can any company congratulate an individual for being hired and make that person prepare for this new position, only to be told on orientation day that the training class is full and we don't know what to do with you. Thus, leaving them dangling like a piece of meat. I LOST ALL MY RESPECT FOR THIS COMPANY AND FOR THE HARDSHIP OF UNEMPLOYMENT THEY'VE INFLICTED UPON ME, I WILL MAKE SURE I GO OUT OF MY WAY TO TELL PEOPLE ABOUT HOW BAD OF A COMPANY THEY ARE EVERY CHANCE I GET. I've never been this disappointed in my life!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Prayer Works in Houston, Texas

3 months ago

I am also going through the same thing, I was called on Thursday for a phone interview and face to face interview on Friday for a class starting following week and called the same day offered a back up because class was full, notified that on next week they would let me know if the offer would be extended and I would have a hour or revoked based on the class. I have a job but really looking for a better one. So I'm not sure what to think about United process. Guess i will see on Monday whether I will be working for united or still at my current job. Staying hopeful!

dls in Smyrna, Tennessee

1 month ago

I was wondering if you ever heard back from the on that Monday, did you start working for them?

dls in Smyrna, Tennessee

1 month ago

Confused101 in Pasadena, California said: Hey, I just read your post about the training class being full and I am also in the same predicament right now. Did you hear from them again?

did you ever hear back or have a offer extended to you from the back up position?

Confused 101 in Pasadena, California

1 month ago

dls in Smyrna, Tennessee said: I was wondering if you ever heard back from the on that Monday, did you start working for them?

No I didn't. They left me dangling and I was the one who actually called them back to check the status of the training class and see if there was open spot for me. My recruiter gave me a cold response which was, "Sorry, there is no open spot but we'll keep your information on profile." Pretty much, they left me to my own misery. Good luck to you. The meaning behind being a backup indicates that you're not their first choice. Instead, you're their second choice (Hence, Backup). Therefore, if any of their first choice candidate decided to decline an offer (which is highly unlikely) then they will give you a call to cover their asses from having unoccupied positions. That is why they overly hire to make sure all the spots are covered and when they are, the second choice candidates are left hopelessly dangling. Very horrible Company if you ask me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

dls

27 days ago

Prayer Works in Houston, Texas said: I am also going through the same thing, I was called on Thursday for a phone interview and face to face interview on Friday for a class starting following week and called the same day offered a back up because class was full, notified that on next week they would let me know if the offer would be extended and I would have a hour or revoked based on the class. I have a job but really looking for a better one. So I'm not sure what to think about United process. Guess i will see on Monday whether I will be working for united or still at my current job. Staying hopeful!

Hi Did you ever hear back from them?

prayer works in Houston, Texas

27 days ago

dls said: Hi Did you ever hear back from them?

Yes I did I actually work for them today, it's a great company, so being a backup does not mean you will not be hired.

prayer works in Houston, Texas

27 days ago

dls in Smyrna, Tennessee said: I was wondering if you ever heard back from the on that Monday, did you start working for them?

Yes I did I actually work for them today, great company lots of oppurtunity, and they encourage you to succeed, Thanks to them I am back in school finishing my bachelor's degree with a great school due to there discounts and tuition reimbursement. The employee perks are endless and I'm grateful to be here. So being a backup dies not necessarily mean you won't be hired.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dls

26 days ago

Thanks for the feedback. I am waiting too hear. The class starts Monday and they told me they would call either latw morningbor early afternoon either way. I am praying for this opportunity as i have heard so much good about the company. I am happy you got in. God is Great.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.