UnitedHealth Ovations

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

DRW1000 in Sunrise, Florida

52 months ago

laborlawyer in Monterey Park, California said: Are all United HealthCare employees required to arrive to work early so they can log into their computers before each shift? I know a few current and former employees who have to be logged in and ready to receive calls no later than 5 minutes after the start of their shifts, but it takes them way more than 5 minutes sometimes to log in through like 15 software programs, each with their own obscure usernames and passwords, and on slow and tired computers that the company never fixes. So they have to arrive early in order to be ready on time, and none of that time is paid. Anybody else know anything about this?

In the Sunrise Florida office you had to be logged into all the numerous applications and ready to take a call at the start of your shift. Also, you have to stick to your break time to the dot or you will be out of adherence and it counts against you. This means that even if you are on a call, and it's not your fault you run past your break time even by a few minutes, it will still count against you. It's really a stressful place to work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

laborgator in Los Angeles, California

50 months ago

JJ12 in Sunrise, Florida said: I also worked for Ovations in Sunrise!

I am a California-licensed attorney investigating facts related to a class action lawsuit pending in the Central District of California that includes a nationwide unpaid overtime claim for all hourly, nonexempt call center employees who worked for United HealthCare at any time since March 19, 2007. I am very interested in speaking with call center employees who have worked off-the-clock before or after their shifts and were not paid overtime. (Please understand that we are NOT soliciting new clients. We are only seeking information from potential class members.) The name of our law firm is Ackermann & Tilajef, P.C. and I strongly encourage you to google us and give us a call to discuss this further. Thank you very much for your time. I look forward to hearing from you.”

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

laborgator in Los Angeles, California

50 months ago

DRW1000 in Sunrise, Florida said: In the Sunrise Florida office you had to be logged into all the numerous applications and ready to take a call at the start of your shift.

I am a California-licensed attorney investigating facts related to a class action lawsuit pending in the Central District of California that includes a nationwide unpaid overtime claim for all hourly, nonexempt call center employees who worked for United HealthCare at any time since March 19, 2007. I am very interested in speaking with call center employees who have worked off-the-clock before or after their shifts and were not paid overtime. (Please understand that we are NOT soliciting new clients. We are only seeking information from potential class members.) The name of our law firm is Ackermann & Tilajef, P.C. and I strongly encourage you to google us and give us a call to discuss this further. Thank you very much for your time. I look forward to hearing from you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Torin williams in Miami, Florida

49 months ago

DRW1000 in Sunrise, Florida said: In the Sunrise Florida office you had to be logged into all the numerous applications and ready to take a call at the start of your shift. Also, you have to stick to your break time to the dot or you will be out of adherence and it counts against you. This means that even if you are on a call, and it's not your fault you run past your break time even by a few minutes, it will still count against you. It's really a stressful place to work.[/QUOTE

Wow, well do u still work there?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

sweets2323 in Hollywood, Florida

49 months ago

DRW1000 in Sunrise, Florida said: In the Sunrise Florida office you had to be logged into all the numerous applications and ready to take a call at the start of your shift. Also, you have to stick to your break time to the dot or you will be out of adherence and it counts against you. This means that even if you are on a call, and it's not your fault you run past your break time even by a few minutes, it will still count against you. It's really a stressful place to work.

Wow, that is unfair.. Also, is this the same place as UHG, or is this a sister office. I have to take a 2 hour assessment this month, Any idea on what its like?

49 months ago

Torin williams in Miami, Florida said:

No thank goodness, I no longer work there. The stress was too great.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

sweets2323 in Hollywood, Florida said: Wow, that is unfair.. Also, is this the same place as UHG, or is this a sister office. I have to take a 2 hour assessment this month, Any idea on what its like?

I'm sorry but I don't know about that. I worked there for a year and a half and never had one evaluation. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sweets2323 in Hollywood, Florida

48 months ago

i have two interviews!
I have to take an assessment onsite for CSR... and they called me today to have an phone interview for another position there called Screenin Onsite Account Analyst.. Does any one know what happens after the phone interview and what how is it being a (RAM) Screenin Onsite Account Analyst..

Sweets2323 in Hollywood, Florida

48 months ago

DRW.. how was the stress there... I know a few people tht work there from home and they all have been there for over three years and they say that they love it. Can you elaborate a lil more.. I wish the pay was better 12.98 start off is very low and note competitive at all. They dont care if you have a degree or not..But I assume since you can work from home of the numbers are good and the over time the money is there to be made.. Tell me more about it.. I have an offer pending

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

FL-Health-SME in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

39 months ago

Sweets2323 in Hollywood, Florida said: I wish the pay was better 12.98 start off is very low and note competitive at all. They dont care if you have a degree or not..But I assume since you can work from home of the numbers are good and the over time the money is there to be made.. Tell me more about it.. I have an offer pending

27k for entry level CSR isn't competitive? Maybe Florida isn't the place for you. In this economy I know a number of people who have had to accept positions for substantially less. Also, other areas of the country start with higher salaries, but they also have a state income tax, and sometimes country income tax to contend with. I started as a CSR in Sunrise a few years ago and worked my tail off, never was asked to work off the clock, but was told I needed to log into systems by the start of my shift, it was never more than 4 or 5 minutes, usually only 2 or 3. When I went to work at home they added login time to our schedule. But it was like I got a good raise, since I didn't have to worry about where I would eat, gas for the commute, dress clothes, etc. I figure that I save well over 3k per year by working at home.

Stress? For a healthcare company there is always stress. Your talking to people who normally are not feeling well, have substantial illnesses, etc. Dealing with that there is always stress. The training is substantial, I felt like I had gone back to school during my 6 week training. A lot of younger twenty somethings acted like everything would be spoon fed to them and whined like infants when things didn't go their way. My favorite was the girl who thought she would be sly texting during training. 1 strike, 2 strikes, 3 strikes, bye bye. I think those are the only people who have a challenge working are those who don't want to actually work and still get paid. I remember another in a uptraining who was complaining about getting more calls because her line was idle most of the day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jam in Dallas, Texas

31 months ago

Does anyone know what kind of answers they are looking for those four questions on the onsite assessment?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.