United Health Care

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 188)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

JustMe123 in Murfreesboro, Tennessee

53 months ago

I read all these comments and more before taking a job with UHC 4 months ago. I tried to be positive thinking that only disgruntled people will come on here and complain and the others are too happy to even look for a site like this. The site where I work is as bad as everybody says.

We are implementing a huge contract with no project plan. It appears somebody put one together a year ago, but nobody follows it. Management does not know what it wants and constantly has employees dropping work halfway done to start on something else that will ultimately not get finished or used. Technical support is horrible - much worse than I have ever experienced.

I worked at another major insurance company before this one and thought it was the worst. At least the other one could stick to a plan. I have been in my profession for over 20 years, and I have just never seen a mess like this. My coworkers are all miserable as well.

As bad as the work environment is, there are a few benefits I like. For me the insurance is great. The premiums are much lower than what I paid before. The higher deductible doesn't bother me since I don't have to go to the doctor often. Actually it keeps me from running to the doctor when I don't really need to, which is really the purpose of the high deductible. Those who make less than $50,000 have very very low premiums. I would have liked that years ago. Another benefit is we all have laptops so we can work at home when the weather is bad, car won't start, etc.

Every site and job is different I'm sure, but the turnover where I am is very high and I can see why. However, with the bad economy and lack of jobs, it is a job where I can make the money I am used to making. I'll take it for now, but I don't see myself staying in this position longterm.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (59) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Glad to be unemployed in oldsmar, Florida

53 months ago

Hello Justme123,

As you can now see, many of us are not disgruntled employees. This is one of the worst companies I have ever worked for. I suffered for almost 6 years trying to improve while they tore me down. It seems they do not know the meaning of running a successful organization. UHC is doing one of the worst jobs of keeping and retaining good employees and customers. They need to revamp their whole organization, starting with HRM and training ALL of their managers, supervisors, and those who think they are in charge, on how to follow through with anything they start. I worked for other health care organizations and by far UHC is the worst. Good luck to you. I hope you can hold out until you find something better.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (49) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

D of MTKA in Minnetonka, Minnesota said: Sounds like quite the Management mindset,& blindfolded. Once again putting down the hard working persons of the company, they aren't worth respect.

BRAVO!!!!!!!!! WELL SAID!!!!! I am still unemployed, almost a 7 months now, but I won't allow myself to work in a toxic environment ever again!! I am currently taking classes to finish my MBA and while looking for another career path, I am picking and choosing where I apply. It may seem bleak at times since there are more of us looking for jobs then there is jobs to be had, but I know one thing, my business classes are showing me a side of business practices I never really knew existed (or I just tried to ignore it, as you stated, for fear of losing my only income to support my family), but no more!! :-) I am understanding why now UHC is such a bad place to work....it's because the HRM and managers (higher ups,etc), have no clue what the other is doing!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Becky in Houston, Texas

53 months ago

I am in Houston and have been trying to get on at UHC in a cs or team member position with no luck. After hearing all of the negative things I will look elsewhere.....I have worked for Centene in Austin and they are probably the best managed care company to work for

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

laborlawyer in Monterey Park, California

52 months ago

Are all United HealthCare employees required to arrive to work early so they can log into their computers before each shift? I know a few current and former employees who have to be logged in and ready to receive calls no later than 5 minutes after the start of their shifts, but it takes them way more than 5 minutes sometimes to log in through like 15 software programs, each with their own obscure usernames and passwords, and on slow and tired computers that the company never fixes. So they have to arrive early in order to be ready on time, and none of that time is paid. Anybody else know anything about this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (78) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

laborlawyer in Monterey Park, California said: Are all United HealthCare employees required to arrive to work early so they can log into their computers before each shift? I know a few current and former employees who have to be logged in and ready to receive calls no later than 5 minutes after the start of their shifts, but it takes them way more than 5 minutes sometimes to log in through like 15 software programs, each with their own obscure usernames and passwords, and on slow and tired computers that the company never fixes. So they have to arrive early in order to be ready on time, and none of that time is paid. Anybody else know anything about this?

Yes it happens in Oldsmar's office as well. I hear now that they even have to log in and log out and notify their supervisors whenever they even run to the bathroom!!! I am so glad to be out of that 'Prison Camp'!! It seems that UHC is also causing those employees that are still their stress, as one SME put it when I spoke to her last week!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

laborlawyer in Los Angeles, California said: Did you work in telesales too?

No, I worked in adjustments and claims processing. But, I did hear from friends who also worked on the other side of the building, and were on the phone, that they were really strict about them leaving their desk and about logging in and being on time....all that fun stuff!! And as I stated in an earlier post, the stress was so bad, and still is, that whenever 911 was dialed the fire department would reply "oh yes, we will be right there!" , as they knew exactly where that company was. The stress took its toll on many who worked there, and still does. Thank GOD I don't have to worry about that any more, but I feel for you and others in your situation. Oh and it is against the law, as you might know, to work time whether it's 1 minute or 15 minutes and not be paid for it!! Good luck to you! :-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Here in Tennessee

49 months ago

You would think a company of this size could manage projects better - but then maybe their problem is they have grown too large. I have never seen such an unorganized mess.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

D of MTKA in Minnetonka, Minnesota

49 months ago

email4kh in North Carolina said: I've been browsing this site's forums for several minutes and have noticed something:
Very few people have positive comments about ANY of the companies beign discussed.
It makes perfect sense. The people at this site are looking for jobs. They either don't have work, or they don't have the work they want. If you're happy at a company, what is the likelihood that you'll be at the Indeed.com forums making positive comments about it? Just try to remember this when you're reading comments.

Sounds like a corp buff to me...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

email4kh in North Carolina

49 months ago

D of MTKA in Minnetonka, Minnesota said: Sounds like a corp buff to me...

Or just someone who's more capable than you of thinking logically. I'm sure you can explain why anything I said was wrong. Can't wait.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

Torin williams in Miami, Florida

49 months ago

Hey has anyone interviewed and been hired for united health care in the last month? Whats the hiring process like. I went to an onsite assessement and was then scheduled for an interview. after the interview i was told I would get a call within the next two business day. Does this mean I would be getting a rejection letter?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (85) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

sweets2323 in Hollywood, Florida

48 months ago

Torin williams in Miami, Florida said: Hey has anyone interviewed and been hired for united health care in the last month? Whats the hiring process like. I went to an onsite assessement and was then scheduled for an interview. after the interview i was told I would get a call within the next two business day. Does this mean I would be getting a rejection letter?

Torin, How was the assessment and what was it like. I have an assessment this month. My friend works UHG And she works from home. But when she applied a few years ago, they didnt have the assessment on site.. She told me that she heard some people say that it can be difficult. Can you email. or reply to this and let me know what the 2 hour assessment consist of. She told me that they want you to be to do multi task. but i want a better idea of what the test is like..

Have you heard anything yet?

Also, how much do they pay per hour?

I applied for the CSR and CSR Lead.

Thanks.

Sunrise location---

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sweets2323 in Hollywood, Florida

48 months ago

Hi, Thanks for the reply!!
I heard that the assessment on site had to do with showing that you can do multi task.. I was thinking they were going to give me a typing test while on the phone...Is that what you took, or is it the same physcological test they gave us at home.. The test in person is 2 hours long.. I am suppose to go at next week.. Sunrise Florida. Oviation building..

I heard that after 6 months we can work from home but i hope that is true.. Also, someone told me it was 12.50... i hope it is 14.50 that would be nice..

I have a BA degree and call center experience.. But I am not sure if they are competitive when it comes to salary.. What did they tell you ..

I know I asked a lot of questions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

adjusterdeamon in Kissimmee, Florida

48 months ago

Sweets2323 in Hollywood, Florida said: Hi, Thanks for the reply!!
I heard that the assessment on site had to do with showing that you can do multi task.. I was thinking they were going to give me a typing test while on the phone...Is that what you took, or is it the same physcological test they gave us at home.. The test in person is 2 hours long.. I am suppose to go at next week.. Sunrise Florida. Oviation building..

I heard that after 6 months we can work from home but i hope that is true.. Also, someone told me it was 12.50... i hope it is 14.50 that would be nice..

I have a BA degree and call center experience.. But I am not sure if they are competitive when it comes to salary.. What did they tell you ..

I know I asked a lot of questions.

You will never, I repeat NEVER be able to work from home! That is a carrot they put over your head in order to keep you in line, be advised!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

UHG never told me that ... But I have three friends that work from home.. That report to the Sunrise office.. So i thought per chance that one day that i would.. But i know for a fact that three of me personal friends are employeed by UHG and they indeed work from home..

Please explain why you said that eventhough i know people that does

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Beautiful in Saint Petersburg, Florida

48 months ago

UHG told me that after 3-12 months we would be eligible to work from home if we meet the adherance, attendance, etc requirements. They also offer 4 different flex schedule options (2 full-time & 2 part-time options).

The assessment was very similar to what you did online and you will also complete a few simulation calls. It should take about 1 and a half to 2 hours to complete the process. If you pass the test you will be scheduled for an interview.

The minimum that they pay at the location I tested at is $13/hr. Sweets you would probably get a higher hourly wage because of your degree and experience because I also have a BS and call center experience, and they told me I would be getting about $14/hr if I get hired.

**This is just my experience, I don't know if every location is the same.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

Thanks!!!!

your experience has been helpful.. I hope the salary is good here i n good ole Sunrise.. and i hope they allow me to work home! that would be nice!!!.. Cant wait

I heard some people couldnt pass the test. so that is why i was so weary!.. Do you think you want to make a career from it.. or is this just something your doing until you get by..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

liney714 in Saint Paul, Minnesota

48 months ago

I would like to hear from anyone who is working in the plymouth building about their views about uhc

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

LOL be grateful...i only made 12.50 hr after being there 5 1/2 yrs (lousy raises and bonuses...only ass kissers get them) and they pay cheap compared to competitors. Check and see if you have an Amerigroup in your area...around Tampa they pay 3 to 4 dollars more an hour for the same jobs UHC offers. Many left UHC to go to Amerigroup and I hear they are less stressful to work for...if I liked Tampa I would have applied there a long time ago :-)...good luck Sweets!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

I just checked, No Ameri in Near me.. Did you work from home as well..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

Sweets2323 in Hollywood, Florida said: I just checked, No Ameri in Near me.. Did you work from home as well..

It took me 4 yrs to work ONLY overtime from home part-time since according to them I did not meet the standards required to work from home full time...i thought hum strange i only meet their requirements to work from home if it is a benefit to them when they are behind or short handed and need someone to help pull up the slack...after a while i decided if i worked overtime and from home it would be if i wanted too even though they made it mandatory for others i was an exception to that rule since i did not take crap from anyone including my boss who i was on good terms with...working from home was never an easy task for many...like someone pointed out it was a dangling carrot that was hard to catch...and now working from home will be harder since they have implemented a new "big brother" program that watches your every move more often because many working from home took advantage and slacked off when working at home...sorry Amerigroup isn't close by but if there is a MetLife or Medicore or group cant remember what exactly it is called they I heard pay better than UHC...i hope that helped you some :-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

Humana Pays 30,000 and pay for you to get your license, But I dont think I want to sell insurance outbound to anyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

Sweets2323 in Hollywood, Florida said: Humana Pays 30,000 and pay for you to get your license, But I dont think I want to sell insurance outbound to anyone.

If you really want to work for a health care company and you have a degree why not apply for team lead or supervisor....they make about 30 to 35 a yr to start depending on the dept

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

I applied for a CSR Leadm but they didnt call and I also applied for a RAM (Screening Onsite Account Analyst) they called me for a phone interview and they were sending my information over the Hiring manager but I havent heard anyathing as yet for the RAM

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

Well good luck I hope they call, but if it takes longer than a few weeks, I wouldn't hold my breath. Most companies call right away if they are really interested in the candidate they interviewed. I remember the "good ole days" when I could walk into a company, give them my resume, and I would be called back the same day or the next for an interview, followed with a quick job offer. Those days are long gone. Today, because of the way the economy and job market are with the high demand for jobs, competition is greater and companies feel they have the upper hand. The younger set, those under 40 yrs of age seem to have a better chance of finding a job since most companies want to pay out less and some do not even give you benefits so those that are desperate enough to find anything will take the first thing offered, good pay or benefits or not...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

AshleylovesCurt in Neenah, Wisconsin

47 months ago

I had an onsite assessment with a group of people on Monday. I was told they would call in a couple days and I haven't heard anything yet. Is that normal or does that mean bad news for me? Has anyone else have had a group onsite assessment?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

D of MTKA in Minnetonka, Minnesota

47 months ago

chappyfade in Kansas City, Missouri said: I had a group onsite assessment on Monday, was told I'd be contacted within 24-48 hours, and finally got a rejection email on Thursday morning. I have two more assessments for different positions with UHG tomorrow. Not sure why I think there will be a different result (is that insane of me?), but I'm giving it a shot anyway. I'm over 40 as well...not sure what that has to do it, but I thought I pretty much aced the assessment.

It's not during good economic times but this is one place you will have to be very alert and on guard if you do get the job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Denice in Compton, California

46 months ago

Beautiful in Saint Petersburg, Florida said: @sweets2323 I also applied for CSR and Senior CSR. I did the assessment yesterday and it was a piece of cake! If you passed the online test you won't have any problem with the onsite one. I haven't taken the assessment for the Senior CSR position yet, I'm scheduled to take that one next week. I also have an interview scheduled for next week. They pay $14/hr for CSR depending on your educational background and experience. Good luck to you!! Let me know how it goes for you.

Hi Sweet2321: Have you taken the Senior CSR assessment test? and if so just what is on the test and how many parts is there on the test, is there computer programs that have to multi task on? I have been scheduled for a face to face interview and the assessment test and would like to know what the test is like please let me know.

Thank You
Denice

nice in Compton, California

46 months ago

Sweets2321: Have you taken the Senior CSR assessment test on site? just what is on the test, and how many parts is there on the test, is there computer programs that you have to multi task on, I have been scheduled for a face to face interview and the assessment test please let know.

Thank You
Nice

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nice in Compton, California

46 months ago

Beautiful in Saint Petersburg, Florida said: @sweets2323 I also applied for CSR and Senior CSR. I did the assessment yesterday and it was a piece of cake! If you passed the online test you won't have any problem with the onsite one. I haven't taken the assessment for the Senior CSR position yet, I'm scheduled to take that one next week. I also have an interview scheduled for next week. They pay $14/hr for CSR depending on your educational background and experience. Good luck to you!! Let me know how it goes for you.

Hi Sweet2321: Have you taken the Senior CSR assessment test? and if so just what is on the test and how many parts is there on the test, is there computer programs that have to multi task on? I have been scheduled for a face to face interview and the assessment test and would like to know what the test is like please let me know. I hope that it went well for you

Thank You
nice

Mgvc in Cypress, California

46 months ago

Has anyone heard about the UHC cypress location??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

round55 in Compton, California

46 months ago

I know that they are hiring,.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

Yes...I have a assessment test tomorrow...But i wonder if the company is as bad as everyone is saying or is it just there location?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

I worked there in 2008 on a temp assignment, and it was not bad like everyone is saying i have been scheduled for a face to face interview and assessment test also, your test is tomrrow would you let me know just what the test is like please? good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

salvation in Compton, California

46 months ago

D of MTKA in Minnetonka, Minnesota said: It's not during good economic times but this is one place you will have to be very alert and on guard if you do get the job.

I understand that you took the on site assessment test? I am scheduled to take the on site assessement test as well, can you tell me just how the assessement was. thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

So i had to reschedule my testing...Until next week....Has anyone took the assessment testing in cypress for a senior cust. serv. rep.??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

round55 in Compton, California said: I worked there in 2008 on a temp assignment, and it was not bad like everyone is saying i have been scheduled for a face to face interview and assessment test also, your test is tomrrow would you let me know just what the test is like please? good luck

How did ur testing and interview go?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

I have not had the interview are the testing still waiting for the them to let me know, when to come in for this. Have you had the interview and test?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jim123 in Ft Worth, Texas

46 months ago

I applied for a job in Irvine CA, and I got a phone call from HR (I wasn't available to answer), and she said to call her back to schedule a phone interview.

That was over a week ago, and I've called three times but never heard back. Are they slow or incompetent? I would like to say I should be lucky and not work there (based on what I've read here), but I don't have any choice in this terrible job market.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

I applied to the job in cypress Ca. I did the phone interview and the online assessment test, and that was 2 weeks ago i was told that i would receive a phone call this week and i am still waiting. So i understand what you are saying same with me i don't have any choice in this job market, but it would be nice to hear back from them. I hope that you hear from this also.

SamanthaB in Green Bay, Wisconsin

45 months ago

Can someone please help answer this question? I received a phone call and email with an offer of employment and a start date of this coming Monday (the 18th).....contigent on background/drug test...

I have done everything and haven't heard a word since....do I just show up Monday Morning as scheduled? What is the dress code? it's for CSR.

Thank you,
Sam

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

liney714 in Saint Paul, Minnesota

45 months ago

I started at Optum Health about two months ago. I love it. i have found the people to be friendly and helpful. I was fearful after reading allot of comments. I do think it depends on your area and boss. But given that. Trust what is said in your interview and find out as much as you can about your area and not the whole company. I am very glad I am where i am.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

anna3000 in Marietta, Georgia

45 months ago

SamanthaB in Green Bay, Wisconsin said: Can someone please help answer this question? I received a phone call and email with an offer of employment and a start date of this coming Monday (the 18th).....contigent on background/drug test...

I have done everything and haven't heard a word since....do I just show up Monday Morning as scheduled? What is the dress code? it's for CSR.

Thank you,
Sam

Yes, you should go on the 18th. I just started at United Health Care and received the same type of e-mail when I was offered my job. They will fill you in on everything when you arrive. You really will like the job too!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

united in Minneapolis, Minnesota

44 months ago

I wish I found these threads before starting at Ingenix (part of United Health). Its the worst company I ever worked for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

snoopy in Weare, New Hampshire

42 months ago

I received a job offer last Monday. I did drug test last Wednesday. Last Thursday I was called for copies of w-2's for one job. Will they confirm I am hired?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

adjusterdeamon in Kissimmee, Florida

42 months ago

they wont tell you that your 100% until the VERY last minute which is entirely inconvienent.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

INNEEDOFNEWJOB in Tampa, Florida

41 months ago

I am currenlty employed in Oldsmar and have been absent from work for the last week now!!!!! I do not want to go back!!!!! I am in need of the job because I am a single mom but feel depressed about this whole company and dread having to go back there!!!! This company treats their employees like children and you have no set supervisor, every week your reporting to a different supervisors with different standards and expectations.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

ex-UHC-oldsmar worker (slave) in Palm Harbor, Florida

40 months ago

INNEEDOFNEWJOB in Tampa, Florida said: I am currenlty employed in Oldsmar and have been absent from work for the last week now!!!!! I do not want to go back!!!!! I am in need of the job because I am a single mom but feel depressed about this whole company and dread having to go back there!!!! This company treats their employees like children and you have no set supervisor, every week your reporting to a different supervisors with different standards and expectations.

Sorry to hear you are in such distress. I used to be in your shoes over 20 months ago until they fired me for no good reason, stating my work performance wasn't up to par. That was a joke as I had been there almost 6 years and they kept switching me to different accounts and supervisors so the change only set me up to fail and they did fail me. Being fired was the best thing that they ever did for me and my friends are suffering as you are that are still in Oldsmar's center. They cannot quit as jobs are scarce but if you hang in there you may get fired and then you can collect unemployment until you find another job. Good luck to you, I hope you feel less stress soon, I know I do now that I no longer work in that communist camp.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Craigs List in chicago, Illinois

39 months ago

Onsite Account Analyst (RAM) - United Health is posting tons of jobs across the Country for this position. Anyone know what the salary range is? Sounds like a traveling auditor job. Anyone doing this currently care to share their experience. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

guaranto in South St Paul, Minnesota

39 months ago

I suggest you try working for a hospital's billing office. Florida must have hundreds of hospitals. They all need people to get the hospital bills out to the insurance companies. Check out the websites for hospitals, you might find interesting jobs. I work at the billing office for Faiview Hospitals in Minnesota.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.