Did I not get the job?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

confusedgirl in Tulsa, Oklahoma

23 months ago

I had my second interview today and thought I did great. I got a great vibe off the hiring managers and they even joked around a little bit during the interview. When we got done they said a recruiter will contact me in a couple of days. Well, when I got home I checked my app status and it's now under withdrawn submissions but still said interviewing. I'm just confused why it would be under withdrawn submissions, does this mean I'm no longer under consideration?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer Nixon-White in Houston, Texas

23 months ago

I'm having the same issue right now as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JD in Yerington, Nevada

23 months ago

I wouldn't panic just yet; you just had your interview today, job status updates on a computer are notorious for being screwed up, and even if this one isn't, depending on how the employer has their system set up, they may not have a category for "In Consideration."

At the same time, though, take a breath, celebrate getting and completing the interview - and then apply for more jobs. It's been said here before: Nothing is guaranteed until you start working (and sometimes not even then).

I'd say if you haven't heard from them by Friday afternoon, then call them Monday morning, but don't stop searching and applying in the meanwhile.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

confusedgirl

23 months ago

Thank you. I forgot to update this but I did get the job and start Feb 11th :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

K in Queens Village, New York

22 months ago

My profile said I was not selected for the job. i wasn't sure if this was automated or if anyone in the past had that profile update and still got the job. Any advice is appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Tanya in Jacksonville, Florida

20 months ago

How long after the interview did you find something out, the interviewer said 5-7 days, I hope its not that long until I find something out!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jamie in Chicago, Illinois

11 months ago

K in Queens Village, New York said: My profile said I was not selected for the job. i wasn't sure if this was automated or if anyone in the past had that profile update and still got the job. Any advice is appreciated.

Did you get the job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mari in Chicago, Illinois

11 months ago

confusedgirl in Tulsa, Oklahoma said: I had my second interview today and thought I did great. I got a great vibe off the hiring managers and they even joked around a little bit during the interview. When we got done they said a recruiter will contact me in a couple of days. Well, when I got home I checked my app status and it's now under withdrawn submissions but still said interviewing. I'm just confused why it would be under withdrawn submissions, does this mean I'm no longer under consideration?

I did 2 phone interviews and its been 2 months. I checked my application status now it has inactive/ no
Longer under consideration. Was wondering if this is an automated message when someone is chosen or did I not get the job?!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Completely Broke and Broken in Cleveland, Ohio

10 months ago

Time to move on- keep applying to other places; good luck.

Bluetea in Texas

10 months ago

Mari in Chicago, Illinois said: I did 2 phone interviews and its been 2 months. I checked my application status now it has inactive/ no
Longer under consideration. Was wondering if this is an automated message when someone is chosen or did I not get the job?!

You didn't get the job. Keep applying for other jobs at United and elsewhere.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.