How to get a job at Verizon Wireless.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (16)

Host

Do you work at Verizon Wireless? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

NICHOLAS MADUENA in Stockton, California

92 months ago

MY FRIEND LEWIS (name removed) TOLD ME ABOUT TRYEN TO GET A JOB WITH VERIZON.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (52) Reply - Report abuse

Beeny in Chicago, Illinois

91 months ago

NICHOLAS MADUENA said: MY FRIEND LEWIS (name removed) TOLD ME ABOUT TRYEN TO GET A JOB WITH VERIZON.

Who cares? He/she needs to know how to get in, not someone telling you to apply.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

Taneshia in Lilburn, Georgia

89 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Verizon Wireless? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Address: 3 Verizon Parkway Alpharetta Ga 30005

If you know the name of a person there you can emial them with

firstname.lastname@verizonwireless.com
WWW.Verizonwireless.com
Apply to the open positions on this website and they will call you for the next step or visit and enter a application ( leave a resume)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Barry

86 months ago

Verizon in Ft Wayne has been looking for candidates for retail wireless all summer. I think they don't hire anyone over 30 here. Is that the same all over? Go in their stores NO ONE over 30 works for them!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

S. Evans in Spartanburg, South Carolina

85 months ago

You DO NOT want to work there. Very stressful work environment. Management expects alot as well as the customers. Turnover rate is HIGH.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

Chelle Manderson in tuscaloosa, Alabama

40 months ago

Barry said: Verizon in Ft Wayne has been looking for candidates for retail wireless all summer. I think they don't hire anyone over 30 here. Is that the same all over? Go in their stores NO ONE over 30 works for them!

I know thats right where do the 30 year old go to? Damn its ridiculous. Maybe i try corporate Verizon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Chelle Manderson in tuscaloosa, Alabama

40 months ago

I was trying to apply for Verizon for years when i turn in my resume they didnt call so i thought of a strategy what if i dont put any experience and just that i already graduated from college then what. Guess what? I gotten a e-mail stated that i had a interview that was too late cause i already purchase the lakers tickets.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (27) Reply - Report abuse

Garv3 in Marthasville, Missouri

3 months ago

I am not sure how to start a new forum but I hope someone can help me please. I applied at verizon about a month ago and right away received an email to take an assessment test and fill out a questionnaire. A few days later I received a call to have a face to face interview, which was 3 weeks ago. The interview went very well and they loved the fact that I am bilingual. I am very positive about it. I haven't heard anything back since then so I decided to call yesterday to see if the position was still available and if I was being considered. I talk to a lady that interviewed me and she told me that they did hire somebody and they sent out emails to the people who didn't get the position, but I didn't receive anything. She said they are still looking for another person and gave me the number of the other guy that interviewed me with her and to ask him because he's in charge of it. I called him and I didn't get an answer and his phone is set up to not receive voicemails. I really want this job and I am still hoping that I get it. I am not sure if maybe he's waiting for me to finish school in 3 weeks? Should I call him again today and see if he answers or should I wait?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Winterflame in Rapid City, South Dakota

1 month ago

Host said: Do you work at Verizon Wireless? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

I was recently hired for the sales rep position in my local corporate store. I found the job ad in the local ...helpwanted.com site. I applied at 6pm on a Wednesday. I was called the next morning for the first phone interview. I passed as they called me Friday morning to schedule the face to face interview, for Monday. The interview was intense, well over an hour with a roll play session where I had to sell the hiring manager a tablet on the sales floor while regular business was conducted around me. They called me Wednesday for phone interview number 2 and Friday for phone interview number 3, at which time I was offered the job contingent on my background investigation. They will verify every piece of information on your resume. You must be accurate with your dates of employment, duties, education, EVERYTHING. They have a third party company do a secondary investigation to validate everything. The secondary company (A-Check Service) is very friendly and if they have trouble verifying something they call YOU to help solve the issue. The whole time you are in contact with the HR department. You will have to do a drug test but NO credit report. I am currently waiting for my training itinerary, as I don't leave til next week. Training is usually out of state, they pay EVERYTHING upfront except food, which you get reimbursed for, I was told. So I will update this thread and start a new one for my training experience as we go. If you want more information, please let me know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

RyanN221 in Webster, New York

1 month ago

Hello winterflame. I have currently applied for a Verizon sales representative about a month or so ago. I was contacted by HR in less than a week asking when a good time to setup a first phone interview would be. I proceeded with the first phone interview followed by a 2nd one about a week later. I was told that a manager would be calling me in a few days from the end of the 2nd phone interview. I waited patiently for about a week and a half still nothing... I decided to call the original HR person I had my first 2 phone interviews with, she resolved the problem and a manager called me about a half hour later to set up a face to face interview the following morning. I got a haircut that morning, bought a new tie, showed up 15 mins early etc etc I'm positive I nailed the interview appearance wise and professionally, verbally I believe I said all the right things and all. I had this interview August 1st '14. I was told by the manager I would be contacted in a week or 2 specifically. It has yet to be 2 full business weeks (Mon-Fri) but tomorrow will be "two weeks" I haven't received a "thanks but no thanks" letter yet either via paper or email. Any insight would be greatly appreciated thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Winterflame in Rapid City, South Dakota

1 month ago

I would call the person you had the face to face interview with, and thank them for the opportunity to interview with them and ask if they have any follow up questions or concerns you can address. I've read on other website, and I believe here on Indeed, you have to stay on them to get anything done. I was lucky in the fact both corporate owned stores in my town are hiring 12 people and they had to get the ball rolling. The people you have been interviewing with are managers of stores in that district, if you get one lazy manager who doesn't pass your info on in a timely fashion, could throw the time line off. It does take awhile to get thru the whole process, they may still be doing second and third interviews depending on how many people applied. I would call the face to face and thank them, it will remind them you are willing to take initiative, and be pro active. let me know who it goes....

RyanN221 in Churchville, New York

1 month ago

Unfortunately I wasn't able to contact the person I had my f2f with but I made sure to at least email my original HR person who has helped get the ball rolling in the past, hoping that she pulls through for me again. Optimistically; a response to my email by the morning would be ideal. In the meantime wound you imagine that after almost 2 weeks after my f2f they have decided to not consider me? I would hate to have "wasted" all this time spent and false hope to get a denial although this is just a part of life we must accept sometimes. Trying to stay positive.

1 month ago

Well I just received a response to my sent email to the original HR person lastnight. I got the thanks but no Thanks letter (automated). I am truly aggravated by this as I spent a lot of time attempting to attain a position here. They kept me in the "dark" most of the time and on two separate occasions I had to find out myself what was going on behind the scenes. Extremely negative experience. Maybe I am just upset I did not get hired but I can honestly say I have no idea where I went wrong I did not doubt myself once. Life goes on I guess.

1 month ago

To further elaborate on my previous response I would like all of you to know that I have worked for Sprint for over 2 years half of that I was a manager for a very busy location. Also I have almost 10 years customer interaction experience. Clean background and all. So do not doubt yourself it could have just been pure bad luck that you were not selected. You must stay positive.

SilentSnake in Utica, New York

1 month ago

RyanN221 in Webster, New York said: To further elaborate on my previous response I would like all of you to know that I have worked for Sprint for over 2 years half of that I was a manager for a very busy location. Also I have almost 10 years customer interaction experience. Clean background and all. So do not doubt yourself it could have just been pure bad luck that you were not selected. You must stay positive.

Hello Ryan,

Let me explain a little bit about how there hiring and recruiting process works.
Although you made it though the phone interviews and the face to face interview they have chosen someone they feel is more capable at this time. Your information and interview is kept on record so when the next available position you apply for, you will have a closer shot at getting it as long as all of your qualifications add up.
Originally the first time I interviewed for verizon was a phone interview then next day had another phone interview with a different person. Then I got scheduled for face to face interview, and after couple weeks of waiting I emailed like you did the HR manager, and found out the chose someone else at this time.
Then after applying couple months later for anther position which opened at another store, I got a call a couple days later and had 1 phone interview, then waited a couple weeks so I emailed HR and she apologized to me and told me she will get the store manager to interview me asap, and I got a call next day to schedule face to face interview. I had short store interview, then got called hour later to schedule another role play interview in a couple days. After that I got call 2 days later with a job offer, took drug test following day, and background check took 1 week, although they contacted me to submit w2 and some other information to confirm employment.

You have to keep applying usually 60% of people do not the job on their first interview, most get during there second job interview at verizon.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.