Customer Service Representative & Tech. Support I - Coord.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (26)

Isjustme in Houston, Texas

46 months ago

I see that most of the people here applied for or work as a CSR at Verizon. Is anybody here working as a Tech. Support I - Coord.? That is the position I applied for and have gone through 2 phone interviewwith HR and just passed the computer assessment last Friday. Still waiting for them to call me back to schelude a face-to-face interview. I believe their next training starts on Oct. 25th.

Anyway, I have browsed and read most of the post here, but I dont see many replies about the Tech. Support position. Would the Tech. Support be required to make sells to the customer like the CSR?
Just wondering, if anyone here working as a Tech. Support can tell me how that position is like at Verizon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nerd-a-holic in Citrus Heights, California

45 months ago

Isjustme in Houston, Texas said: I see that most of the people here applied for or work as a CSR at Verizon. Is anybody here working as a Tech. Support I - Coord.? That is the position I applied for and have gone through 2 phone interviewwith HR and just passed the computer assessment last Friday. Still waiting for them to call me back to schelude a face-to-face interview. I believe their next training starts on Oct. 25th.

Anyway, I have browsed and read most of the post here, but I dont see many replies about the Tech. Support position. Would the Tech. Support be required to make sells to the customer like the CSR?
Just wondering, if anyone here working as a Tech. Support can tell me how that position is like at Verizon.

Lucky you! I'm a CSR, but from what I have heard normally it takes a couple of years before a CSR can move into a tech support-I position, let alone a coordinator. You must have a considerable amount of experience & with that you'll at least 15% increase in pay compared to a CSR. I hope you get the job! With the LTE roll out, Verizon Wireless is looking to fill a lot of Tech Support positions. I'll be in one in about 4-6 months and I just got hired a week ago. There aren't many posts about tech support for new hires because Verizon Wireless generally promotes from within. So when a position is open to the public it is usually a CSR or Retail Sales position.

I believe your sales metric goes down considerably in tech support, although I assume you will still be required to sell some products.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

mycareer in Houston, Texas

45 months ago

@Isjustme: Hi there, I applied for a CSR position and got well through my first interview but the recruiter mentioned I'm best qualified for the Tech. Support I - Coord. and I should get another interview for that position but it will entail some technical questions! Since you said you get past the first two interviews I assume you know what kind of questions they ask, I'm scheduled for that interview this Monday and wish you could give me some heads up about the type of technicality of the questions. By the way, I come from a construction management background but I have a lot of software interaction, do you know if this could be of any help in that position?
Sorry for the long post, I'm just so excited about this position and would really love to get through these interviews. May be we could meet soon in the next training round :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Educational PC in Ellenwood, Georgia

45 months ago

Please use the STAR Behavioral Interview Questions to prepare for the interview.

45 months ago

mycareer in Houston, Texas said: @Isjustme: Hi there, I applied for a CSR position and got well through my first interview but the recruiter mentioned I'm best qualified for the Tech. Support I - Coord. and I should get another interview for that position but it will entail some technical questions! Since you said you get past the first two interviews I assume you know what kind of questions they ask, I'm scheduled for that interview this Monday and wish you could give me some heads up about the type of technicality of the questions. By the way, I come from a construction management background but I have a lot of software interaction, do you know if this could be of any help in that position?
Sorry for the long post, I'm just so excited about this position and would really love to get through these interviews. May be we could meet soon in the next training round :)

Hey mycareer sorry for the late reply, I just saw your posting today. How did your interview go? It was pretty easy it seems they only ask about four questions about your previous position and how you fit this position. The only thing is that it has been 9 days since that interview and I still havn't had a respond yet on the hiring. I called HR on Monday and they told me they will call back on the decision. I know the next training starts on the 25th of Oct. do you think they will make a decision by this week? Keep me updated on your hiring process and I'll do the same.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

Hey there, no worries. Actually I did very well on the interview and had the assessment test on the same day which I passed, then the recruiter called and set me up for another phone interview this afternoon at 3. I really dont know what else is she going to ask because she already asked all kinds of questions in the 1st interview! Anyways, I'll try to be prepared as much as I can.
It seems it's taking a little more time with your case, may be because you applied earlier than I did, but since they told you that you passed then I think you are OK. Also, you are correct, the recruiter mentioned that training will start this 25th so probably you should hear from them soon, I dont know but should be this week.
Wish you the best of luck and keep me updated, hope to see you soon in training:))

45 months ago

Passed! :)) Looking forward to the f2f interview, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! btw isjustme, did they schedule you for your f2f interview or not yet?! Wish you best of luck

45 months ago

Congrad. mycareer on passing. I had the f2f interview last monday, that's why I'm wondering how come its taking them so long to respond on the hiring. I called HR this week and they just told me to wait for a call back.

My process was like this:

Sept 23th - 1st Phone interview at 11am
Sept 23th - 2nd Phone interview at 11:30am
Sept 24th - Computer assessment (passed)
Oct 4th - Face to Face interview
Today - waiting ......

The f2f interview was pretty simple. They asked me questions from this sheet of paper and the guy that was interviewing me just wrote down my reply. We talked for alil bit and then he told me HR would call me back on a reply and this was last Monday.

He first started by asking what I know about what they do here. Then ask me about some customer services experience, how I handle angry customers that type. Why do I think I'm a good candidate for this position. It was mostly just asking why you think you fit this position and previous experience you had.

So, I'm just wondering are they still screening and interview and making a decision on a training group by Oct. 25th. Would we get a reply by next week, so the ones that are hired can do a background screening before hired.

Good luck!

45 months ago

Isjustme in Houston, Texas said: Congrad. mycareer on passing. I had the f2f interview last monday, that's why I'm wondering how come its taking them so long to respond on the hiring. I called HR this week and they just told me to wait for a call back.

My process was like this:

Sept 23th - 1st Phone interview at 11am
Sept 23th - 2nd Phone interview at 11:30am
Sept 24th - Computer assessment (passed)
Oct 4th - Face to Face interview
Today - waiting ......

The f2f interview was pretty simple. They asked me questions from this sheet of paper and the guy that was interviewing me just wrote down my reply. We talked for alil bit and then he told me HR would call me back on a reply and this was last Monday.

He first started by asking what I know about what they do here. Then ask me about some customer services experience, how I handle angry customers that type. Why do I think I'm a good candidate for this position. It was mostly just asking why you think you fit this position and previous experience you had.

So, I'm just wondering are they still screening and interview and making a decision on a training group by Oct. 25th. Would we get a reply by next week, so the ones that are hired can do a background screening before hired.

Good luck!

First thanks for the extensive overview regarding the f2f, it's gonna help me a lot in my f2f this friday. I think you'll get a reply soon, as I told you before it looks like you applied so early and also, your phone interviews were both on the same day! You dont have to worry, they are definitely still screening coz I know my interview is still to come and I havent been promised anything yet! I have the feeling they'll be calling everybody about the decisions by Monday and Tuesday,,,so till then let's hope we both get on board:)) btw, did they tell u anything about that screening?

45 months ago

mycareer in Houston, Texas said: First thanks for the extensive overview regarding the f2f, it's gonna help me a lot in my f2f this friday. I think you'll get a reply soon, as I told you before it looks like you applied so early and also, your phone interviews were both on the same day! You dont have to worry, they are definitely still screening coz I know my interview is still to come and I havent been promised anything yet! I have the feeling they'll be calling everybody about the decisions by Monday and Tuesday,,,so till then let's hope we both get on board:)) btw, did they tell u anything about that screening?

At the end of the f2f interview he just ask me if I had any questions and I asked some. Chat alil more and then he walked me out, and told me to wait for a call from HR. That was it, so I'm wondering do we get an email if we didn't get hired? Would there be a respond for the ones that don't get hired through email?

I guess they would have to make a decision by early next week, if they have to get the new trainees in and do a background check before starting on the 25th...

Let me know how it goes on Friday! Good Luck!

45 months ago

Hey there Isjustme! Thanks a lot for the valuable info. I had my f2f today and I think it went pretty well:) Seems a lot of candidates were interviewed today though, the check-in sheet was almost full!! The lady was so nice and she mentioned the decision would be early next week.

I'll let u know as soon as I hear anything. Stay in touch and wish you the best of luck:))

Rivaldo in Florida, Florida

45 months ago

Hi all! Just wanted to know what to expect on the second phone interview? What kind of questions? Also, do any of you know when the training starts in Tampa?

45 months ago

Ok I had my second phone interview everything went well. Now I have the f2f coming up. Any info would be appreciated.

45 months ago

mycareer in Houston, Texas said: Hey there Isjustme! Thanks a lot for the valuable info. I had my f2f today and I think it went pretty well:) Seems a lot of candidates were interviewed today though, the check-in sheet was almost full!! The lady was so nice and she mentioned the decision would be early next week.

I'll let u know as soon as I hear anything. Stay in touch and wish you the best of luck:))

Hey mycareer! I'm gettin alil nervous here waitin these past two days haha ... Do you think we would get a reply if we get hired or not? I know training starts next Monday, but dont they need to run a background check on the ones being hired? Anyway, I'll let you know if I hear anything hopefully by tomorrow ... goood luck!

Rivaldo ... the f2f interview are pretty easy they ask only 4 questions and I believe I posted some info aboves already. good luck!

45 months ago

mycareer in Houston, Texas said: Passed! :)) Looking forward to the f2f interview, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! btw isjustme, did they schedule you for your f2f interview or not yet?! Wish you best of luck

Hey mycareer... have you heard anything back from Verizon?

44 months ago

I had my face to face interview over a week a ago and was told I would here from HR from 7 to 10 business days. Nothing yet.

Dequan7764 in Houston, Texas

44 months ago

mycareer in Houston, Texas said: First thanks for the extensive overview regarding the f2f, it's gonna help me a lot in my f2f this friday. I think you'll get a reply soon, as I told you before it looks like you applied so early and also, your phone interviews were both on the same day! You dont have to worry, they are definitely still screening coz I know my interview is still to come and I havent been promised anything yet! I have the feeling they'll be calling everybody about the decisions by Monday and Tuesday,,,so till then let's hope we both get on board:)) btw, did they tell u anything about that screening?

I wanted to know what the assessment test was like and what was on the test?

Dequan7764 in Houston, Texas

44 months ago

Isjustme in Houston, Texas said: Hey mycareer... have you heard anything back from Verizon?

I wanted to know what the assessment test was like and what was on the test?
I had a Phone interview today and will take the phone assessment at 9 am on tuesday

king24 in Houston, Texas

44 months ago

Dequan7764 its very tech oriented like for ex How to setup email accts the different types of Operating systems most fail this its two parts CS and tech I don't know if its like that for the cs position but it is for the tech support one FYI They are still interviewing for this position now its been three weeks since my interview so patience is a virtue anyone else have this slow a time with the houston texas call center

dequan7764 in Houston, Texas

44 months ago

I applyed for tech support cord I, so what would there assessment be like.

QUOTE wo="king24 in Houston, Texas"]Dequan7764 its very tech oriented like for ex How to setup email accts the different types of Operating systems most fail this its two parts CS and tech I don't know if its like that for the cs position but it is for the tech support one FYI They are still interviewing for this position now its been three weeks since my interview so patience is a virtue anyone else have this slow a time with the houston texas call center

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

king24 in Houston, Texas

44 months ago

I said how the tech support I assessment was like

AWAT25 in Gwynn Oak, Maryland

26 months ago

Isjustme in Houston, Texas said: I see that most of the people here applied for or work as a CSR at Verizon. Is anybody here working as a Tech. Support I - Coord.? That is the position I applied for and have gone through 2 phone interviewwith HR and just passed the computer assessment last Friday. Still waiting for them to call me back to schelude a face-to-face interview. I believe their next training starts on Oct. 25th.

I AM TAKING THE TECH 1 COORDINATOR POSITION TOMORROW! SUPER EXCITED CAN YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT I SHOULD STUDY FOR? VERIZON ALWAYS MAKES ME NERVOUS,THEY ARE A GREAT COMPANY LOL

AWAT25 in Satellite Provider

26 months ago

SORRY I MEANT I AM TAKING THE TECH COORDINATOR 1 ASSESSMENT TOMORROW AN I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT TO STUDY FOR!

Nana in Salisbury, Maryland

26 months ago

First I applied for the Customer Support position in Laurel, Md., well I was notified that that position is now full. Now I have applied for the Tech Coordinator position and have my first phone interview Monday. Is anyone apply for positions in Laurel, Md., if so can you tell me the starting pay and the next training session. Thanks.

techieGA in Atlanta, Georgia

18 months ago

I have applied for a tech support coordinator position. i am hearing that the assessment is more pc oriented than phone. Is this the case? I'm simply trying to be as ready as possible. i need this opportunity.

The Technician in Woodland, California

12 months ago

I just got 2 emails from 2 different agencies about a tech support position through Verizon, I thought it was a scam, but maybe it's real, they're asking for personal info like DOB, SSN and so on, think it's a scam?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.