pre-employment jitters

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

apuzilla in Athens, Texas

43 months ago

So I just had my 1st phone interview on Thursday and I believe it went REALLY well. To the point that the lady was laughing and very impressed at my knowledge. I made myself stand out by mentioning the LTE rollout, Windows Phone7, iphone4 and also the superb service. The only thing I am worried about is my background check, I dont know how this happened but I labeled it as a Felony when it was a misdemeanor and I also screwed up and gave her the wrong resume. But during the phone interview I quickly told her what happened and she asked about my misdemeanor and I explained to her what happened and I also while still on the phone with her also emailed her my updated resume. Should I be worried? I dont make careless mistakes like that and it sucks looking for a job when you have been arrested. But she seems upbeat about me and told me that they had 4 interview applicants and only 3 positions to hire. I hope im one of the 3 but should i be worried about my criminal background? And friday morning I made it a point to email her a thank you letter etc etc.

BLAH im so nervous! i can't wait till next week! Also she made a point to ask me if I would be free for the training which is 3 days a week for 4 weeks. Is that what they ask everyone? or people they might be interested in?

Thanks guys/gals!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

pdispenza

33 months ago

I wouldn't be worried because I also didn't out some correct information on my application, I emailed my recruiter and never heard back so I waited a day and then called her and left her a message. She called me back a few minutes later and made sure all my information was accurate and then updated it. and yes they did ask If i would be available for the 4 week training, which the store manager further explained in my F2F interview. The recruiter just stressed to me that my information needed to be done before my second phone interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.