Getting hired at verizon wireless

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

pdispenza

31 months ago

I applied online on 12/27 and also had my first phone interview the same day. The interview went well and she said that I had a second interview on 1/3 with another recruiter. Then on 12/28 I received a call from the store manager and she wanted to do a face to face interview with me the same day. I felt like the interview went very well and she told me that she would be making a decision at the end of next week. Then on 12/29 I received a call from the recruiter to verify some information that I needed to up date and found out that she never sent my resume to the store manager, and that the manager pulled my resume from the website and was told that I would still need to do the interview on 1/3 even though I met with the manager.
I want to know if I have a good chance at getting this job and also what the next step in the hiring process would be

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mommytwice in Virginia Beach, Virginia

31 months ago

What kind of questions did they ask? I have an interview tomorrow and would like to be better prepared! Thanx for any and all help!

btw good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

pdispenza

31 months ago

It started off with basic questions like why do you think you would be an asset to Verizon.
and basically just going over the same information that the phone interview did.
then they ask you about different scenarios for example: tell me about a time that you made a sale based on the information you gave the customer. tell me about a time where you had to meet a quota or a sales goal and you did it. tell me about a time where you had to sell a product to a customer knowing the competitions product was better. then you have to try and sell the manager a phone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

pdispenza

31 months ago

well i finished my last interview yesterday and they said that I will know something by the end of the week? I really hop I get this job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Rainbow1 in Houston, Texas

31 months ago

HELP!!! I would like to apply for Bilingual Customer Service position. I would love to know if the calls are in Spanish or in both languages.I speak great English but sometimes I can't understand parts of a conversation in English over the phone. I have all the qualifications for this job, but this is my only problem. Any response will be appreciate it, thanks!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Richard in Williamsport, Pennsylvania

19 months ago

Hey everyone. So I have been trying for about 6 months to go to Verizon Corporate. I worked as an authorized dealer for a good amount of time and loved the job but wanted commission so I was told I had to leave my position and wait before applying to a corporate store. During my time away from Verizon I applied to AT&T for the heck of it and sure enough was hired and just completed training. I HATE IT! Still trying to get into Verizon. Any suggestions as to best way of getting in still?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Keypoint in Los Angeles, California

19 months ago

ms_right in North Dakota said: do you value your free time? if you do, then don't apply here.

sure the benefits are great and the pay is decent, but that's how they keep you there. the turn over rate would be astronomical if it wasn't. that place will suck the life out of you.

also, if you have a family, don't plan on ever seeing them if you get this job.

lol, it's not just Verizon, trust me. AT&T is the same way. I agree the pay is decent, or they would never keep anyone there. As it is the churn rate is at around 30-40% with pay being around 40-50k with commissions which is not bad but keep in mind the jobs that have commissions rather then just flat pay rate are much harder and 10 times more pressure by management to justify your pay.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Richard in Detroit, Michigan

18 months ago

Had phone interview today and was told at the end that i would be contacted by the store manager to come in for a face to face interview. My question is , is there supposed to be aime assessment test that i take first or is it during the interview with the manager?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.