just got an offer extended to me curious to the background check ? any info

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (22)

freeman04 in Hudson, Ohio

75 months ago

I had an interveiw with verizon wireless july 18th , interveiw was amazing , clicked with the managers so well he said he would call me tuesday the 22nd , well he called me the 21st and offered me a job , Just a little curious to the background check , not so much worried about the drug test , i have never had any felonies , a speeding tickit last november which i disclosed can some one enlighten me to the process?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

nursn4me in Richmond, Virginia

75 months ago

well I really don't know what to tell you. I was contacted by Verizon as well last wednesday and was asked would it be okay for them to run the background check as a condition of employment. Now, I haven't officially been offered a job yet but I assume they would not be doing the background check unless they wanted to offer a job to me. I shall see. A-Check just called verifying it was okay to contact current employer.

Will let you know how it goes as my credit is not great. Good luck to you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Ya. A check contacted me about my education.seems as though my school doesn't have a record of me graduating so I said I will fax u a copy of my diploma. . Hope the fax will be enough for them

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Lookin4wk in Georgia

74 months ago

I interviewed with another Verizon office for their call center. Took a computer aptitude test, which was mostly common sense & customer service knowledge. Interviewed with HR and then the Call Center Super - behavioral questions like name a time when... They were very prompt with the call backs and have made a conditional offer...waiting for the background check. They emphasize promptness and attendance for the training program.

Good luck with your search!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

Any updates on the background check? It has been 1 week as of tomorrow and I haven't heard from A-Check since last week. Just wondering how long does this normally take?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

nursn4me in Richmond, Virginia said: Any updates on the background check? It has been 1 week as of tomorrow and I haven't heard from A-Check since last week. Just wondering how long does this normally take?

ya :) everything worked out i start training on monday !!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

Congrats to you!!!! Will you be at Verizon Wireless or land line call center?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lmsmo in Cleveland, Ohio

74 months ago

Where do you have to go for training?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

Well I got hired too! I start training on Monday and I am happy as can be. I can't believe how much they offered me. This will be the most money I have ever made! I am in the Richmond, Va area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anthony Labbate in Halethorpe, Maryland

74 months ago

I live in the Baltimore,MD area and i was wondering how do i get a job at verizon, i have been checking their website at least every month for the past year now and still nothing..... I am looking for a position in the telecom field as a service technician/installation technician

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

I responded to your other post. Check out the website again, I just checked and they do have a few positions in the MD area. May not be what you want but it is a foot in the door.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

aoclemmer in Menifee, California

70 months ago

I interviewed with Verizon last thursday and even though there was no "official" offer, after the interview the hiring manager introduced me to the HR person that wanted to complete the info. for my background check. Would the perform a background check if the plan to make an offer? How long does it take for the background check to come back?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

flabound in Mt. gilead, Ohio

70 months ago

nursn4me in Richmond, Virginia said: Congrats to you!!!! Will you be at Verizon Wireless or land line call center?

so i have an interview and was wondering if it is worth going to because i dont have the greatest credit either and im kind of afraid of being denied for that reason. any advice?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Real1 in District Heights, Maryland

69 months ago

My credit sucks...including a judgement. They said I passed the background check.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

Hire_mE in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

69 months ago

Real1 in District Heights, Maryland said: My credit sucks...including a judgement. They said I passed the background check.

I worked for Verizon Wireless (call center) for 2 yrs in Columbia, SC. My credit was bad then and its terrible now. I do know that they do a credit check along with a background check. The job was hard..you work for every cent they pay you trust me! Very stressful job, I contemplated quitting everyday. Very tough and strict on attendance/stats. The pay/benefits were great. The good part is, you can get promoted fairly quickly after about 9 months if your stats are good. Funny thing is, I'd go back if given the chance...the money was that great.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Real1 in District Heights, Maryland

69 months ago

I've got a brother who was promoted to a Manager at the Verizon Wireless call center. He was promoted in about 1 to 1.5 years on the job and makes $80,000 + bonuses.

I was told that verizon (landline) doesn't allow you move to a new position/division for 30 months!! Is this true?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

Real1 in District Heights, Maryland said: I've got a brother who was promoted to a Manager at the Verizon Wireless call center. He was promoted in about 1 to 1.5 years on the job and makes $80,000 + bonuses.

I was told that verizon (landline) doesn't allow you move to a new position/division for 30 months!! Is this true?

Im not sure, I worked for wireless. His salary sounds a bit high though..directors make about that amount. Supervisors generally start around $50k at Verizon Wireless in Columbia.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

Real1 in District Heights, Maryland said: I've got a brother who was promoted to a Manager at the Verizon Wireless call center. He was promoted in about 1 to 1.5 years on the job and makes $80,000 + bonuses.

You had to stay for 9-12 months at wireless.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Alyssa72 in Houston, Texas

35 months ago

Hire_mE in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina said: Im not sure, I worked for wireless. His salary sounds a bit high though..directors make about that amount. Supervisors generally start around $50k at Verizon Wireless in Columbia.

It's not high...i work for Verizon in Texas as an Account Manager and make about 70,000 total plus mileage reimbursement of $550 a month.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kerryhamiton22 in Baltimore, Maryland

19 months ago

Verizon wireless offered me a job on February 14th they are doing a criminal background check, I had a conviction Personal Identity theft charge convicted in March 7,2006.. the job suppose to start on March 11th. I useed my son social security number for credit..I will be working as a Support Tech Coordinator starting March 11th..not having any contact with people personal info..working on gov't internet problems..do you think I should be okay? kerryhamilton22@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

kerryhamiton22 in Baltimore, Maryland

19 months ago

kerryhamiton22 in Baltimore, Maryland said: Verizon wireless offered me a job on February 14th they are doing a criminal background check, I had a conviction misdemeanor Personal Identity theft charge convicted in March 7,2006.. the job suppose to start on March 11th. I useed my son social security number for credit..I will be working as a Support Tech Coordinator starting March 11th..not having any contact with people personal info..working on gov't internet problems..do you think I should be okay? kerryhamilton22@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

kristy in Fort Wayne, Indiana

17 days ago

I'm wondering how much Verizon Wireless starts off in their retail offices?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.