Virgin America Airport Team Member

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 958)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Annie415sf in San Francisco, California

42 months ago

Yes, I was just hired for SFO airport. I start training April 11.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

susiesnowflake in Niles, Illinois

42 months ago

I interviewed for Chicago position..waiting patiently for an answer....So excited to work for Virgin

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ajb20100 in El Segundo, California

42 months ago

Did anyone attend the group interview for LAX this past Wednesday? If so, have you heard back from VX? I was wondering if anyone knew how long it would take for them to get back to us or what the process was? Thanks! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

pampamaha in Los Angeles, California

42 months ago

Hi guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally found this forum! I applied yesterday and yes..the assessment was super long lol. I personally really want to be a flight attendant for them but i cannot move to SF. soo sad... so i applied for airport team member instead! Have you guys heard anything from them? how long does it usually take for them to call you back.

Nice to meet you all!

Pam

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

42 months ago

ajb20100 in El Segundo, California said: Did anyone attend the group interview for LAX this past Wednesday? If so, have you heard back from VX? I was wondering if anyone knew how long it would take for them to get back to us or what the process was? Thanks! :)

My experience with Virgin is that they like to have a group of qualified applicants on hold because they are expanding rapidly (ordered 50 more jets over the next 4 years!!) and it takes a LOT of ppl to get an airport up and running. So, I think that unfortunately there is no way to *know* when you will be hired! I applied online then 6 months later I was given the assessment right before the group interview. Within 1 week of the interview my background was checked and I was asked to take the drug test. Then they decided I was going to start the next month (instead of with the training class at the end of that month). So it really just depends upon their hiring needs at the moment!
The good news is they ARE hiring, and they will KEEP hiring for the next few years!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

Beth in Los Angeles, California

42 months ago

ajb20100 in El Segundo, California said: Did anyone attend the group interview for LAX this past Wednesday? If so, have you heard back from VX? I was wondering if anyone knew how long it would take for them to get back to us or what the process was? Thanks! :)

Yes I was there this past Wed...Still waiting!! Asked my past employer and they haven't called yet. I'm not too worried, its only been 2 business days.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

42 months ago

I'm trying to get this forum going strong like the Flight Attendant forum so I'm answering a question that was addressed to me over on that one.

Hi Jay,
The group interview takes the majority of the time. You break up into teams and present your information to the rest of the interviewees + managers. They are looking for you to be friendly and contribute, to speak clearly and make eye contact when you present, and to work well with your teammates. Working as a team and customer service are the 2 most important attributes they look for in a candidate.

The personal interview was about 10 minutes where 2 hiring managers sit you with individually and ask you standard q's similiar to "Tell me about a time you resolved a stressful situation at work" or "how do you handle conflicts with co-workers?" Then they ask if you have any q's for them (you should have 1 ready, this shows you care and have thought about their company) and that's it. They will email you in about 1 week if you are selected or not.

Good Luck!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ajb2011 in Hawthorne, California

42 months ago

The personal interview was about 10 minutes where 2 hiring managers sit you with individually

So you had a personal interview? Ours was set up in small groups with several people interviewing. That is what confused me because with past airline open houses, they would go on to a one on one interview and they didn't do that. That is what threw me off. Did anyone at the LAX session get a one-on-one? Just curious about the process...thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

42 months ago

What I found strange was: at the end of my group interview, they didn't ask us if we had anymore questions for them. usually every interview I been to always asks if we have anymore questions etc. N second, they told us that they would ask everyone at the last part of the interview (If we would prefer to work part time, or full time.)and they missed to ask that question. I'm just wondering if maybe they didn't ask or bother to ask those questions, because they deciding that they weren't going to pick anyone from my group for the job. hopefully not.. Just my thoughts

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ajb2011 in El Segundo, California

42 months ago

Beth in Los Angeles, California said: What I found strange was: at the end of my group interview, they didn't ask us if we had anymore questions for them. usually every interview I been to always asks if we have anymore questions etc. N second, they told us that they would ask everyone at the last part of the interview (If we would prefer to work part time, or full time.)and they missed to ask that question. I'm just wondering if maybe they didn't ask or bother to ask those questions, because they deciding that they weren't going to pick anyone from my group for the job. hopefully not.. Just my thoughts

Which group were you in? We didn't get asked about FT/PT either but I was wondering if that is what they ask when they offer the job? I was wondering the same thing you did..I really hope I hear back from them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Island Girl in Placentia, California

42 months ago

Hi Beth, do you mind if I ask if you were in the morning or afternoon session? I was in the afternoon -- it seemed like he asked if anyone had any questons, but nobody raised their hand. Also regarding F/T or P/T -- I remember him saying that it would offered in the order that our background checks cleared. Best of luck to all!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

42 months ago

Island Girl in Placentia, California said: Hi Beth, do you mind if I ask if you were in the morning or afternoon session? I was in the afternoon -- it seemed like he asked if anyone had any questons, but nobody raised their hand. Also regarding F/T or P/T -- I remember him saying that it would offered in the order that our background checks cleared. Best of luck to all!

I was in the morning group last wed..Had they contacted your last employer yet?

He told us that the ft - pt question would b asked during the group interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

42 months ago

Beth in Los Angeles, California said: I was in the morning group last wed..Had they contacted your last employer yet?

He told us that the ft - pt question would b asked during the group interview.

Not sure if they have contacted my last employer yet...I sure hope we hear something soon!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

42 months ago

Island Girl in Placentia, California said: Not sure if they have contacted my last employer yet...I sure hope we hear something soon!

me too =( ...Will find out one way or another...

Curious in Oakland, California

42 months ago

Annie415sf in San Francisco, California said: Yes, I was just hired for SFO airport. I start training April 11.

If you don't mind me asking how much does the job pay?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

42 months ago

Curious in Oakland, California said: If you don't mind me asking how much does the job pay?

I forgot the exact but it is $13.53 or $13.58. The BART (tram to get to the airport from SF) is $8.10 each way! So transportation for 1 day's work costs more than I make in 1 hr!

I heard that they give a $75/month transportation stipend which will help, but won't nearly cover my costs...

Oh well I'm just excited to be working for them and to find out in detail what the flying perks are!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Curious in Oakland, California

42 months ago

Annie415sf in San Francisco, California said: I forgot the exact but it is $13.53 or $13.58. The BART (tram to get to the airport from SF) is $8.10 each way! So transportation for 1 day's work costs more than I make in 1 hr!

I heard that they give a $75/month transportation stipend which will help, but won't nearly cover my costs...

Oh well I'm just excited to be working for them and to find out in detail what the flying perks are!

Yes, there is a BART surcharge just for going to the airport. Its crazy. I know for sure the parking cost $75 a month for some airline employees at SFO. But i've also heard that its free for some (depending on what airline you are with). Keep us posted on what the flying perks are! And congrats to you!

JET-nyc in Manhattan

42 months ago

pampamaha in Los Angeles, California said: Hi guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally found this forum! I applied yesterday and yes..the assessment was super long lol. I personally really want to be a flight attendant for them but i cannot move to SF. soo sad... so i applied for airport team member instead! Have you guys heard anything from them? how long does it usually take for them to call you back.

Nice to meet you all!

Pam

Yes the the assessment is veri long to long if you ask me, DL is long like tht also.

42 months ago

anyone that was at last Weds interview group. hear anything back from virgin yet?

susiesnowflake in Niles, Illinois

42 months ago

Beth in Los Angeles, California said: anyone that was at last Weds interview group. hear anything back from virgin yet?

Sorry Beth I was at the one in Chicago...I haven't heard anything yet..fingers crossed for both of us! :)

42 months ago

Hey Beth, I was at the one for LAX on Wed. and have not heart anything either! Fingers crossed! Good vibes! :)

42 months ago

Curious in Oakland, California said: Yes, there is a BART surcharge just for going to the airport. Its crazy. I know for sure the parking cost $75 a month for some airline employees at SFO. But i've also heard that its free for some (depending on what airline you are with). Keep us posted on what the flying perks are! And congrats to you!

I used to be based at SFO (F/A) and our parking was free but I'm not sure if that is just for crewmembers...we got an electronic pass thingy that was free for us. Bad thing is that it is kind of far from the airport and you have to wait for a shuttle, etc. I always just had someone drop me off at the bottom level where the employee security is. That was much easier than parking or riding a bus.

fice88 in North Hollywood, California

42 months ago

hello everyone. I was at WED LA interview with you. I think I was with Beth the last group. I'm fice that speak three languages. Anyway, on Friday, I got call from my recruiter from VX telling me that I am on the finalist list however I must pass background check and drug test in order for them to offer me the job. And just now i just got email to ask me to do the drug test. I think they will call you all soon! Hope to see you all in the class!

42 months ago

good luck to everyone =) hi Fice.. I remember you. Congrats!

42 months ago

Good luck to everyone..Hi Fice,,I remember you, congrats =)

fice88 in Pasadena, California

42 months ago

Beth in Los Angeles, California said: Good luck to everyone..Hi Fice,,I remember you, congrats =)

Hello Beth ... Thank You but the battle is not over yet .. I have to receive the formal offer letter first then I'm more relax ... I'm sure they will call you also! Good Luck everyone and think positive!

socalflyer in Huntington Beach, California

42 months ago

Hi everyone- I was in the Wednesday LAX interview. My background check is almost finished, and I received the e-mail to go take the drug test today. Including Fice, I know of two other people from the morning interview group who are at the same point- so it would seem to me that they've already begun the hiring process for the people they intend to hire.

I don't mean that to be discouraging! I just know what it's like to sit around and wait. I would strongly encourage trying again- it seems that they will continue to hire. They said in the sessions that they could only take 9 people. I'd imagine that the interview pool was around 50, and the applicant pool was much, much larger. If you were qualified enough to get an interview, there was clearly a reason.

Good luck to everyone!

pampamaha in Los Angeles, California

42 months ago

so did I apply too late? I applied last week and took the assessment, never received a call or anything. Should I call them?

Thanks in advance!

Pam

cirish in Franklin Park, Illinois

42 months ago

Hello,
I took my drug test yesterday :) and then today I check my 'applied to' on websit and its gone. Anyone have that happen or?

Nichele25 in Chicago, Illinois

42 months ago

cirish in Franklin Park, Illinois said: Hello,
I took my drug test yesterday :) and then today I check my 'applied to' on websit and its gone. Anyone have that happen or?

I was at the group interview on the 7th and I still haven't heard anything :(

Nichele25 in Chicago, Illinois

42 months ago

susiesnowflake in Niles, Illinois said: Sorry Beth I was at the one in Chicago...I haven't heard anything yet..fingers crossed for both of us! :)

I was at last Monday's and I haven't heard anything either. Keeping fingers crossed!

fice88 in Los Angeles, California

42 months ago

Mine as well ... errr? well, just wait ... do not speculate. We will know by early next week! Stay positive!

debbie in Sausalito, California

42 months ago

Annie415sf in San Francisco, California said: Yes, I was just hired for SFO airport. I start training April 11.

Hi There I intvwed on 2/24 and no news yet?

fice88 in Sherman Oaks, California

42 months ago

Annie415sf in San Francisco, California said: I forgot the exact but it is $13.53 or $13.58. The BART (tram to get to the airport from SF) is $8.10 each way! So transportation for 1 day's work costs more than I make in 1 hr!

Hello Annie,
My name is Fice. I done with my drug test and now just wait for the official phone call ... but I'm curious, I checked on my status on VX job applied. There is nothing showing. Did you experience the same? Thank... I'm super nervous+super excited! huh!

42 months ago

socalflyer in Huntington Beach, California said: Hi everyone- I was in the Wednesday LAX interview. My background check is almost finished, and I received the e-mail to go take the drug test today. Including Fice, I know of two other people from the morning interview group who are at the same point- so it would seem to me that they've already begun the hiring process for the people they intend to hire.

I don't mean that to be discouraging! I just know what it's like to sit around and wait. I would strongly encourage trying again- it seems that they will continue to hire. They said in the sessions that they could only take 9 people. I'd imagine that the interview pool was around 50, and the applicant pool was much, much larger. If you were qualified enough to get an interview, there was clearly a reason.

Good luck to everyone!

Hi Socalflyer ... did you check your status on VX career sites? Mine just nothing there ...... hmmm! Why?

42 months ago

me tooo

socalflyer in Huntington Beach, California

42 months ago

fice88 in Sherman Oaks, California said: Hi Socalflyer ... did you check your status on VX career sites? Mine just nothing there ...... hmmm! Why?

Hi Fice. There is nothing there because the job posting is no longer listed. Now that we are in the hiring process, I don't think that the job site means anything.

Good luck to you!

42 months ago

socalflyer in Huntington Beach, California said: Hi Fice. There is nothing there because the job posting is no longer listed. Now that we are in the hiring process, I don't think that the job site means anything.

Good luck to you!

Same to you ... let each other know when you get the good news ok! Good Luck!!!

42 months ago

Good Afternoon! .... Any news yet? Anybody???

BalletForMe in grosse point, Michigan

41 months ago

fice88 in Sherman Oaks, California said: me tooo

I also took my drug test last week!

JET-nyc in Manhattan

41 months ago

Hi Ya,
Any of you know if these open positions are full or pt ?

41 months ago

Hello Everyone, Just an update ... I received a copy of my background check from Verification Inc. today. Nothing from my recruiter yet on the offer or training date. Hopeful and keep praying ...meanwhile, I'm working as usual.. giving my very best to my pax each day! Love and good vibes to everyone here!

41 months ago

Hi Annie, Congratulations! Do you mind if I ask what method VX used to make their formal offer of employment? Did they call you, email, or send you a letter? There are several of us who applied for the LAX position waiting with bated breath! Best of luck to you!

41 months ago

Thanks Island Girl!

A few days after I was told via phone that I would start training April 11th I received an email from Carmela with a link to accept or decline the offer of employment. After I accepted it I didn't receive any more information. On the phone I was told I'd get more specific info about training about 2 weeks before the start date, which would be about now! If they don't call me by Friday I'll call them Monday morning.

41 months ago

Anyone from Chicago hear anything?

41 months ago

Annie415sf in San Francisco, California said: Thanks Island Girl!

A few days after I was told via phone that I would start training April 11th I received an email from Carmela with a link to accept or decline the offer of employment. After I accepted it I didn't receive any more information. On the phone I was told I'd get more specific info about training about 2 weeks before the start date, which would be about now! If they don't call me by Friday I'll call them Monday morning.

Congrats to you!! It sounds like the Chicago hopefuls are still patiently waiting! :)

JG in Chicago, Illinois

41 months ago

BalletForMe in grosse point, Michigan said: Congrats to you!! It sounds like the Chicago hopefuls are still patiently waiting! :)

I am here in Chicago took my drug test last week and have not received anything in the mail I did hear from VA last Thursday they needed a new number for a former employer. So I guess they are still completing background checks.

41 months ago

JG in Chicago, Illinois said: I am here in Chicago took my drug test last week and have not received anything in the mail I did hear from VA last Thursday they needed a new number for a former employer. So I guess they are still completing background checks.

I hope that's what it is! :)

Have you heard of anyone getting a "thanks but no thanks" email at any point of the process--either after the group interview or after?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

JG in Chicago, Illinois

41 months ago

Yes actually two others who were at my table got a thanks but no thanks email last Thursday.

JG in Chicago, Illinois

41 months ago

I hope you get good news too. Which session were you at?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.