How to get a job at Volt.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (46)

Host

Do you work at Volt? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

anonymouse in Mesquite, Texas

87 months ago

do any of these people ever actually look at job applications? I've sent them applications like 3-4 times in 2 years for exact qualifying jobs yet not a single response. they sound like theyre fulla crap

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Bobby in Flushing, New York

87 months ago

anonymouse said: do any of these people ever actually look at job applications? I've sent them applications like 3-4 times in 2 years for exact qualifying jobs yet not a single response. they sound like theyre fulla crap

Sounds like they're padding their resume database.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Wanda in Haddonfield, New Jersey

87 months ago

Bobby said:
Sounds like they're padding their resume database.

Same here, I've sent at least four resumes, and have gotten no response. I don't think I've seen any contact information, either.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Minneapolis Client in Osseo, Minnesota

87 months ago

DO NOT WORK FOR VOLT!!!

I worked at a long-term assignment for them for 9 months; made them A LOT OF MONEY! For some reason, they could never work with you for anything. Their one and only loyalty is to their client.

On 9/11 when everyone was sent home from work, I was told to stay.

How's that for support?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

stacy

87 months ago

Volt contacted me regarding my resume and wanted me to come in and interview with them. I have called several times like they tell you to and I always hear " we are slow right now and just don't have anything." Best of luck to any one who finds a good job through a temp placement service.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Wanda in Cherry Hill, New Jersey

87 months ago

stacy said: Volt contacted me regarding my resume and wanted me to come in and interview with them. I have called several times like they tell you to and I always hear " we are slow right now and just don't have anything." Best of luck to any one who finds a good job through a temp placement service.

I think there are two things going on here: 1) temp agencies are building their pull of employees right now, because they don't have too many good people to represent them and, 2) the companies use the temp agencies to build up their applicant pull because they don't want to pay the 25- to 30-percent markup.

As far as Volt is concerned, I feel they are horrible and don't have any professionalism at all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Bob M in Milton, New York

87 months ago

I worked for Volt from 12/03 - 11/04 as a Tip and Ring Technician in upstate NY on the MCI project.
I found them to be very good to work for, they kind of had a difficult time getting the project started and we hung around for two months waiting. That wasnt the fault of Volt it was the company they were contracting to.
They sent me all of the equipment that I could use IE; wire, jacks etc. and the paycheck was never late. We got paid 8 hours a day no matter how many jobs we had from 0 - 4 or how many hours we actually worked and they paid ovetime after 8 hrs.
We worked from our house and were emailed the work every evening.
Remember, there are hundreds of former telephone workers out there looking for this kind of work and sometimes the competition is strong.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

anonomous in santa rosa in Santa Rosa, California

87 months ago

I have the same feeling from submitting to all their testing. They get you excited about coming to the office and interviewing/screening qualified candidates...then the waiting begins. I have applied to numerous jobs from search engines that Volt works with and then fall into a black hole. When calling to inquire about status nobody seems to know what is going on. The account reps do not call back when leaving messages. Another anomaly I have noticed is you can be total qualified for a position with no feedback from them. Numerous calls later you are informed the job is closed and taken out of the system. Seems that the left hand does not know what right hand is doing. Very frustating agency to work with.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mr. in Saint Paul, Minnesota

87 months ago

I worked for Volt for a year. I went out on a 3 month contract, and I stayed for a year. They laid me off and, and tried to take my unemployment. I went through two appeals, on the third one they never showed up to court. I got a new job, and since I have been at my new job they have called me 8 times telling me that they have an opening for me.

Also a co-worker with volt got hired on full time at the same place I was, and volt wouldn't pay him his vacation so he threatened to take them to court, and they finally paid him. There vacation is a joke too, it takes 2000 hours to get paid 40hrs vacation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Former Employee in New York, New York

87 months ago

I was an IT recruiter for Volt, 477 Madison ave, and it's a chop shop there. Their business model is to take on young, ambitious candidates, slap on some training and leave them for the wolves. Most recruiters are entry level so they get away with paying 35k salaries plus 4% commission. Turn around rate is about 6 months.

It's pretty disorganized there

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

trupti in Summit, New Jersey

87 months ago

how do i get in touch with any recruiter for jobs? there are so many postings for SAS - and none of them works on the links provided - are the jobs filled? kindly suggest

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jobseeker nj in Jersey City, New Jersey

87 months ago

yepp by submitting your information voit&all temp services get govt funding(money)if you do or do not get your job.they get paid either way,more if you work for them (there %of your swet)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

jobseeker nj in Jersey City, New Jersey

87 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Volt? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?
Any advice for someone trying to get in?[/Q

UOTE]

dont use temps go door to door first

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

temp in Columbus, Ohio

87 months ago

If you don't call any temp agency at least three days a week, they will forget you. There's too much turnover at such places to expect otherwise. Even if you are this persistent and have a degree or solid experience, it could easily be a couple of months before they come up with something.

My advice: get set up with a few competing agencies and spend a half an hour every day calling every branch of every agency to see what's new. Until the temp job appears, get a job at a grocery store or Mcdonalds or something, so you don't go crazy sitting around and waiting, and also you have some small amount of money coming in.

I've found the best thing to do is find a large employer with an on-site temp agency - these are pretty much the only places that could have something for you right away.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Persevering in Fuquay Varina, North Carolina

86 months ago

temp said: If you don't call any temp agency at least three days a week, they will forget you. There's too much turnover at such places to expect otherwise. Even if you are this persistent and have a degree or solid experience, it could easily be a couple of months before they come up with something.
My advice: get set up with a few competing agencies and spend a half an hour every day calling every branch of every agency to see what's new. Until the temp job appears, get a job at a grocery store or Mcdonalds or something, so you don't go crazy sitting around and waiting, and also you have some small amount of money coming in.
I've found the best thing to do is find a large employer with an on-site temp agency - these are pretty much the only places that could have something for you right away.

I agree with your on the large employer and on-site, however, any suggestions on finding out who the temp agency is?

Suzy Assistant in Shakopee, Minnesota

86 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Volt? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Waste of time. Sellers of false hopes...you are better to network with friends, family, etc. I spent 3 hrs "applying" for Volt positions. Filled out forms, took test and interviews. I was told I did very well on all.
Only phone calls I received was when I was going to leave my current position to temp. for them. Never took the "plunge" as I don't believe that really had a positin for me...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jobber in Charlotte, North Carolina

86 months ago

Volt just got me a contract job within days. Good company so far.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Still Positive and Persevering in Fuquay Varina, North Carolina

86 months ago

jobber said: Volt just got me a contract job within days. Good company so far.

Good for you ! I'm glad to see some positive ressults for somebody, for a change. Also, a POSITIVE response.

Good luck with your new job. Even though the unemployment rate is low here in NC, it is still hard to find a decent paying job within an hours drive sometimes.

jobber

86 months ago

Still Positive and Persevering said:
Good for you ! I'm glad to see some positive ressults for somebody, for a change. Also, a POSITIVE response.
Good luck with your new job. Even though the unemployment rate is low here in NC, it is still hard to find a decent paying job within an hours drive sometimes.

It was very hard to find a job in NC.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

occasional job-seeker in Minneapolis, Minnesota

86 months ago

I have had a few assignments through the volt office in Eagan and Shoreview, MN and have been pleased with my experience overall. I would return to them again if I were in need of another job. Any temp place, it seems, will provide rather lousy offerings in terms of insurance and vacation time, etc. It's definitely not unique to just one company. Also, you have to be an assertive job-seeker, no matter if you are with a temp agency or otherwise. Don't wait around for responses; email or call to follow-up on your application and let them know you are still interested. Waiting around passively will get you nowhere.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Still Strong in Fuquay Varina, North Carolina

86 months ago

occasional job-seeker said: .. Any temp place, it seems, will provide rather lousy offerings in terms of insurance and vacation time, etc. It's definitely not unique to just one company. Also, you have to be an assertive job-seeker, no matter if you are with a temp agency or otherwise. Don't wait around for responses; email or call to follow-up on your application and let them know you are still interested. Waiting around passively will get you nowhere.

You are so right about the benefits and the absurd LACK of benefits. Also, when you go work with an agency, I've had temp to perm time range from 3 to 7 months. Yes, 7 months! When my Cobra insurance is $800 and agency wage is 10-15% less than what I was making in perm job, this type job is only $$'s in the agency's pocket.

To me, the agencies that don't provide benefits just want to pocket what they can. If agency doesn't provide some type of benefits, why should someone work for them?

You are so right about being an assertive job seeker. Most of the agencies I worked with expected me to call them. Which was fine, I made most of my calls on Mon 11-2. Another KEY POINT: find out when their weekly meeting is and call after that. That is when you can find out about their new placements.
Good luck

Anthony in Ft Mitchell, Kentucky

85 months ago

anonymouse said: do any of these people ever actually look at job applications? I've sent them applications like 3-4 times in 2 years for exact qualifying jobs yet not a single response. they sound like theyre fulla crap

Yesterday, I sent in my resume for a job handled by Volt. I got a reply asking if I was available in the afternoon. I said yes and thought "yeh, right", but Volt called today and she went through my resume in detail asking a lot of questions. Then she sent me the website of the company and ask me to respond back to tell her the level of interest I might have in the company. You have to remember that Volt is probably a franchise. So, I guess it depends on the office that you are dealing with.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Guest - Frisco and Plano Texas

85 months ago

I've worked for both Plano and Frisco branches. Romance you up the wazoo in the beginning. They have no loyalty to their employee. They offer no support, council or communication once they place you. You are never EVER treated with respect by Volt once placed. You are told you are the employee of Volt...yet they tell you to go to their client ( the company you're working for ), with any problems or issues. (what the hells up with that?) They tell you they represent jobs all over. Here's there client list...Kinko's and Frito Lay. Sweat Shops. Don't waste your time here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Roman in Cranberry Twp, Pennsylvania

85 months ago

I worked for volt for two months and all they want is to use you as much as they can. They sent me to work for SYSCO of Pittsburgh. I hurt myself at work; within 10 days I was dismissed. People at Volt did not even pay me for missed days. Out of 5 guys that started working with as "Temps," left or got fired for no reason. Volt does not care about us as long as they keep sending other suckers like me with promise that after 3 moths we'll become full time emploees. It is more profiteble for them to keep temps than permanent emploees.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Beeny in Chicago, Illinois

85 months ago

jobber in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Volt just got me a contract job within days. Good company so far.

LOL! They contact every Tom, Dick and Harry that puts their resume on a jobboard-website (e.g. Monster.com) and have keywords like C# and .NET. However, did they call you a second time? Did they show signs that they read your resume and know you are a fit for a job? In the end, did their call(s) result in a job interview? This is what people here are venting (more like crying) about.

YoYo in Pomona, California

84 months ago

You have to remember, this is a contract position. If you’re looking for great benefits, find a company that is full time and not a month to month assignment. The pay is great because you will be paid on your work on not the fact that you’re an investment to this company. When your send your resume to Volt, most likely it will be reviewed within 24 hour. Because you feel as if you’re a fit, does not make it so. Keep up your job search and good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ken in Greenville,SC in Greenville, South Carolina

84 months ago

Mr. in Saint Paul, Minnesota said: I worked for Volt for a year. I went out on a 3 month contract, and I stayed for a year. They laid me off and, and tried to take my unemployment. I went through two appeals, on the third one they never showed up to court. I got a new job, and since I have been at my new job they have called me 8 times telling me that they have an opening for me.

Also a co-worker with volt got hired on full time at the same place I was, and volt wouldn't pay him his vacation so he threatened to take them to court, and they finally paid him. There vacation is a joke too, it takes 2000 hours to get paid 40hrs vacation.

I am not surprised at all. I was hurt on job while working for them. They denied and falsified my claim for worker' comp. They hired bunch of lawyers and with dishonest insurance claim adjuster, they kept denying the claim even though I won the case in court the first time. Than they appeled and won after I had lost all my witnesses. I had two major surgeries done. Be careful folks, This can and will happen to more people. stay away from this outfit...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Greg,California in Greenville, South Carolina

84 months ago

ken in Greenville,SC in Greenville, South Carolina said: I am not surprised at all. I was hurt on job while working for them. They denied and falsified my claim for worker' comp. They hired bunch of lawyers and with dishonest insurance claim adjuster, they kept denying the claim even though I won the case in court the first time. Than they appeled and won after I had lost all my witnesses. I had two major surgeries done. Be careful folks, This can and will happen to more people. stay away from this outfit...

Thank you very much for this eye opening information. Not only myself but I will let other guys know this too !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

anon in Iselin, New Jersey

83 months ago

anonymouse in Mesquite, Texas said: do any of these people ever actually look at job applications? I've sent them applications like 3-4 times in 2 years for exact qualifying jobs yet not a single response. they sound like theyre fulla crap

I never heard from anyone from this company. I applied for 3-4 jobs in last 8 weeks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

No Use For A Name in Orange, California

81 months ago

Mr. in Saint Paul, Minnesota said: I worked for Volt for a year. I went out on a 3 month contract, and I stayed for a year. They laid me off and, and tried to take my unemployment. I went through two appeals, on the third one they never showed up to court. I got a new job, and since I have been at my new job they have called me 8 times telling me that they have an opening for me.

If you do the math on a 40 hour work week, 2000 hours is a year. I don't know about all of the other jobs you have had in the past, but I have always had to work a year before I got a weeks paid vaacation, and I have never worked as a temporary. And also, how many other agencies have you worked for? How many of them even offered a paid vacation? Or let your hours from one assignment to the next concrue so that even if your assignment changed in the course of a year, you still got your paid vacation? They are not perfect, but most agencies try to get the candidates in the right spot because if that didn't happen, the people that work in the agency wouldn't have a job either.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

No Use For A Name in Orange, California

81 months ago

Anthony in Ft Mitchell, Kentucky said: Yesterday, I sent in my resume for a job handled by Volt. I got a reply asking if I was available in the afternoon. I said yes and thought "yeh, right", but Volt called today and she went through my resume in detail asking a lot of questions. Then she sent me the website of the company and ask me to respond back to tell her the level of interest I might have in the company. You have to remember that Volt is probably a franchise. So, I guess it depends on the office that you are dealing with.

VOLT is not a franchised company. Every VOLT office is corporate ran and operated. What everyone has to remember is that there is always a human factor and just like they sometimes may place the wrong person on assignment, not every in-house employee is the best fit for their job. Good Luck with your job hunt and I hope all goes well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

YoYo in Diamond Bar, California

81 months ago

anon in Iselin, New Jersey said: I never heard from anyone from this company. I applied for 3-4 jobs in last 8 weeks.

My guess would be that you were not qualified for any of the positions. Or could it be that they had a better person send their resume in? Lets face it, we do not live in our own little worlds and you cannot just come here to pull the E-peen out to smash a company without a response.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Small Town near Big Town in Charlotte, North Carolina

80 months ago

If you see a job you really want to go for, GO FOR IT.

I have seen posting stating that people apply for jobs numerous times, leave voice mails, send e-mails, and never hear back. My suggestion - clean your suit, iron your shirt, print 10 copies of resume (review one more time), take a good long shower, and put on your best face. THEN, drive to the agencies to try and meet someone face to face. Ask about the job and any openings.
ONE CLUE: call the agency and see when they have their weekly meeting and go to office right after that - this is prime time to be the first person they talk to.

If you get - well, Mr. X can't see you right now... May I wait? Would 3 PM be better? Direct questions that leave no wiggle room. Can Mr. X call you back? Response: I have some appts scheduled for this week, could I schedule for 4 PM. This is how day to day business is done. Your job search is your "current position".
Be polite and firm, but not pushy or rude. You could possibly get to talk with someone. If all else fails, leave your resume (cover letter is good, too) - get a name for YOUR area of expertise, Admin, Exec, etc. and keep calling.
Hope this helps. Yep - this has worked for me. Except for Office Team and Kelly - they were TOO Busy. Their loss.

Leo in Orange, California

80 months ago

The best way is to speak with your local Volt branch. Submitting to a posting with 100s of others only works if you have just the right keywords on your document. When you call refer to the posting that you saw. Reference some of your matching attributes and ask for an appointment. You may be asked to complete some initial documents. Complete what is requested of you on time and with attention to the details. Treat the Volt interview with the same professionalism as an interview directly with any hiring company. Remember you may or may not be the individual selected by the hiring company, there will be other opportunities, if you handle being turned down appropriately.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

Leo in Orange, California said: The best way is to speak with your local Volt branch. Submitting to a posting with 100s of others only works if you have just the right keywords on your document. When you call refer to the posting that you saw. Reference some of your matching attributes and ask for an appointment. You may be asked to complete some initial documents. Complete what is requested of you on time and with attention to the details. Treat the Volt interview with the same professionalism as an interview directly with any hiring company. Remember you may or may not be the individual selected by the hiring company, there will be other opportunities, if you handle being turned down appropriately.

I concur with the above. The other thing I would add is that if there is a job that you really are interested in, gather 3 copies of your resume, 3 examples of work that relates to the job description (ie, if you draft correspondence, need powerpoint, etc. - take a business letter, part of a presentation, etc.), and a copy of your references. Then DRIVE to the office. I think highly of Volt, Manpower, and Aerotek. However, I did not at first. I applied online, called, etc, but got little response. So over a week, I focused on the positions I wanted, critiqued how I was really suitable for position, put on my big girl suit and went to the offices. If someone was not able to see me then, I made appts, left my resume, and went back. Each one of these offices had some very promising positions. I had interviews for jobs that I really liked. Two came back with offers and the third I gave up on because it was taking weeks to get an answer. I actually found a job on my own, but, left after 3 months (horrendous "office manager"). Maybe agencies are better in some respects.
So, be proactive and go see these people. They do get 100's of resumes constantly. You have to go for what you want.

Recipie in Staten Island, New York

80 months ago

I worked for Volt as a recruiter for quite some time - and yes, now it's a chop shop for the people who work there. And like any company, there's good people and bad people there. AND they lost a LOT of great people. BUT first and foremost, what you all need to do is 'refresh' your resumes at the different resume sites like monster, dice, net-temps etc. This means that you resubmit your resume every 30-60 days. Recruiters look for people who are currently looking at these sites. In all fairness, the majority of people here are not stating what type of position they were applying for.

Here's the way it works for all the agencies/staffing services: If it's an IT job, telecom, i.e., specialty job - don't visit the office - they don't want to see you until they have a potential job for you. IF you're looking for administrative, clerical, industrial, customer service etc., then yes, go visit the office so that they can see that your presentable - THAT goes a long way.

The posted jobs are legit 90% of the time. Unfortunately, even when a job is filled - it stays in the posting sites for about 30 days before it can be removed from all sites. If they call you, it means that your resume matched cetain key words that they were searching for. That means that there's an interest. Hope this helps. PS - Hide the tattoos, throw the gum away, have a copy of your resume and speak as if you were on your best behavior. Leave 'the Hood' at home.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

[QUOTE who="Recipie in Staten Island, ..have a copy of your resume and speak as if you were on your best behavior. Leave 'the Hood' at home.

Thanks for the solid advice and the chuckle.

anonymous in Orlando, Florida

58 months ago

I worked at Volt as a direct employee for the company as a recruiter. The second question depends on which division of Volt that you want to work for and what you want to do? There is the Volt Telecom division, Volt WorkForce Solutions (staffing division), Maintech, ProcureStaff, Volt's RPO Service, Volt Delta, etc.

My advice is to focus on a direction of your current career and market yourself for that job, just as a marketing manager would market a product.

Each division and every office will be different, because their are different people in each office.

Dittohead in Gilbert, Arizona

56 months ago

I worked for Volt as a satellite engineer. Was on contract for 6 mo.
stayed over 2 years. During that time, the satellite company was bought out by a competitor, and the entire staff was scheduled to be
laid off at the end of December. The day after we were all laid off,
Volt called to tell me that I was fired! We were supposed to all finish out the week, and work until friday, but since all our kids were getting out of school for Xmas break on Wed, we decided to make that our final day. I didn't feel it necessary to tell Volt, they would get my timecard that charged up to Wed, and that's that. So, it was funny at first, because I had my boss, his boss, etc to back me up, and tell whomever that I was never fired. But they disputed my unemployment, and even though I won both hearings and received my unemployment, it was a royal pain in the butt. So anyone
who works for Volt, beware. My advise is to NOT tell Volt ahead of time, that you will be ending on a certain date. Just give them your
final time card and mark the box that says "job completed, final timecard" That way, they will have no way to block your unemployment
by trying to fire you the day before, or the day after, in my case.
They are scandalous, and it took them over 3 months to pay me for my
final 3 days of work, which only amounted to $1440.00. I had direct deposit the whole time I worked for them, but they didn't use it for my final pay.
I received a check for $90, then for $150, then another for $111 (where they got those amounts is beyond me). The checks had no
letterhead, and were drawn out of some bank in Mexico. Still haven't
received the rest of it. They have also reported that I was fired to prospective employers and background check companies, which has costed
me 150k/year positions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Katydid1954 in Bakersfield, California

34 months ago

Actually, I applied with Volt on Friday, they called me on Monday to set up an interview which was on Wednesday, by Friday I was given a job, it took a couple of weeks for the company I was to go to work for to get their stuff together, not Volt's fault. I am working now, and even though I am working I still stay in contact with my recruiter, she is great.

Roger in Lynnwood, Washington

17 months ago

Are you referring to working on contract roles / direct hire roles or internally?

If for job openings on a contract/direct hire basis-> apply to the roles that suit your background and interest. Following up with a phone call is not a bad idea.

Internally, it would be the same advice really.

sourcerdude in New York, New York

8 months ago

As a recruiter and a person who also used temp services from time to time I see a LOT of whining. Those will be the people who apply with
1) a substandard resume, not a good thing when you can't be bothered to do homework on the ONLY thing those employers will know of you before they decide to interview you
2) expectations that because they think they are qualified they should get the job, baloney, for every opening you apply for several other companies are submitting resumes and they see hundreds sometimes. Not good odds (especially if you fall in category #1)
3) no recuiter is gonna hold your hand. I work with hundreds a week... do you have any idea how many people are looking for jobs??? I mean come on... I don't have time to get people jobs, work with companies to GET jobs, go thru hundreds of resumes a day and then hold your hand... If we haven't heard feedback from the company, we have no feedback for you. It’s frustrating for me as well because I don't call you to jerk you around I call you to get you to work because you may be a good fit. Do your part, touch base now and then, see if we may have something else, see if maybe we can get more info for you... most of us WILL really care and try. (if you're an ass about it I got too many good ones to waste time on you)
4) The world doesn't revolve around you, you aren't entitled. I put in hundreds of applications during a year out of work... I heard from very few. I knew I was up against many others every time I tried, but I kept trying, kept updating my resume, kept doing everything I could. I did NOT sit down and whine about not hearing back or making accusations because I didn't get what I thought I should have. It's a rough world out there for the job seeker, put your big boy/girl pants on, grow up and get a clue, you aren’t the ONLY ONE LOOKING and a lot more people who ARE looking are probably better qualified than you are.

michey417@yahoo.com in East Islip, New York

4 months ago

I worked for Volt information Science Corporate office in New York 32 years ago,
of course I was much younger. I thought they were very good to me they paid for my Accounting courses for Pace University. The co workers were young like
myself and it was a fun environment. We all worked hard and learned alot
especially me. The rememberance of this particular job left me with a very
good feeling about working for a good corporation. My name their was Michele
Robinson and then got divorced, I changed my name back to my maiden name
Michele Thebner. I thank Volt Information for everything they taught me it was a great help with other jobs.

Regards

Michele Altman( Robinson, Thebner)

Albaro in Minneapolis, Minnesota

4 months ago

Dear Mr./Mrs.

I have not applied, but I'm interested at getting a job right away

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SourcerDude in Raleigh, North Carolina

4 months ago

First go to Jobs.volt.com enter your zip and see if any jobs are available in your field of interest and skill. Apply online
Then go to www.volt.com/vis_locations.aspx choose Volt Workforce Solutions->United States->enter zip code.
This will give you the nearest local Volt office. Hook up with a recruiter there and find out more about those jobs if you can.
For every job you see listed there are often hundreds of responses and if you are less qualified than others you may not get a call back. We do try to respond to all when we can, but sometimes it is not possible or we wouldn't be able to get the ones that ARE more qualified.
If you think you are qualified and are not getting calls, LOOK and REDO your resume. That’s all we have to go by. The candidate who has dates, education, skills, and at least a several bullet points about the positions and the accomplishments of it will be looked at much more closely than someone who puts an objective saying I wanna job and to contribute, then lists cashier as the job and took money as the description (for example). Tells me nothing except that you didn't care. And that’s not who I want to put in front of a client.
Research resumes and what makes a good one, research skill lists and impact words, PROOF your resume and have two others look at it. I have seen great candidates on paper who list attention to detail as a skill and then they misspell very simple words – even seen them misspell their names lol. Remember you get about 7 seconds to impress someone with your resume, if we don’t see what we need quickly we move to the next. If we do see things that attract our attention it can be lost easily by bad formatting, hard to decipher dates or information. Put the month and the year you start and end a job. The person who has 2012 – 2013 could have worked one month or two years. We don’t have the time to play 20 questions to find out. Make it easy for us to know what you have accomplished and for how lo

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.