Walgreens News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Walgreens stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

An Old Employee in Platte Center, Nebraska

82 months ago

The manager (Mr. K) is a nut - absolutely no supervision - goes off on a rampage - no intelligence. Pharmacy is the "worst" to work in - they yell, scream, and absolutely humiliate their fellow employees. Doesn't do any good to report them to corporate - they are just as bad. Horrible reputation, but good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Jessi in Dublin, Ohio

82 months ago

They try very hard to be ethical but the mass-corporation impersonality drains on all of the individual workers, and the push for sales drains the managers. I think they will continue to build stores and increase staff but as they continue to impersonalize and cut costs, they will lose what makes them a good company to work for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Fred

81 months ago

I work at a walgreens distribution center in the split case pick dept. I relly like it. Make 17.70 after 2 years.If the rest of you are meserable and under paid, find something else

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Rudy in San Francisco, California

67 months ago

I was told at the interview Walgreens distribution (Woodland Ca)they will start you off at $12.50 and hour and after 2 years working there they will automatically give you a raise to $19.00 an hour. Does anybody know if they will give you a raise between the day you start up to the 2 years. Also, how long does it take to do background check when applying at the distribution?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.