young management

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

hope in Atlanta, Georgia

85 months ago

It seems Walgreen only hire young people,When experienced people apply for a district position they hire young people. This seems so unfair, especially when they have experience and the younger ones have had no experience. It seems that the younger management are disrespectable and could use a Dale Carneige course. They treat employees like they are nobody.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

gina 121212 in chicago, Illinois

82 months ago

I watch the young ones- CLUELESS! They make me laugh! Its al about who you know, and if you got the look they are looking for- dont believe anything else.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

oldfart in atlanta, Georgia

82 months ago

pepsi cola bottling company tried hiring young college graduates to run their business serveal years ago.that's when coke took over the market share leaving pepsi in their dust.i would take a non college graduate with a burning desire to succeed over a college grad 7 days a week and twice on sunday.they hire the young ones for these reason's;they have a longer life expectancey,are out of work fewer days,have college party to pay for,in some case are able to learn systems faster.in most cases you will find a young manager team with an exa that is better seasoned.in our district we have college degree managers that can't do the payroll without notes or have called me to help them through recving.if you check positions across the country the first qualification is a degree. dea ju vue

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

info in Doerun, Georgia

81 months ago

i have notice that they hire on whether the store manager likes or whether the store manager actually wants you to move up and it also has a lot to do with who you know because where i'm from a lot of people were brought in management with out any experience but when i applied i was denied , but trust me they will sugar coat it when you ask for the reason, but they know the way they pick some of the people over others isn't right at all

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Former Walgreens MGT

81 months ago

Many store managers are in their late 20s. When I worked for Walgreens, the store manager was under 30 and the EXA was 25. Of the 15 MGTs I worked with only one was in her late 30s. All the rest were between 21-29.

Many of these MGTs are do not even work. Most sit around in the office after the store manager leaves.

Don't believe me? Walk into any Walgreens and observe these supposed professionals.

Also, the store managers as well as the District management team are liars. They constantly lie to you or they deny ever making a promise.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Dustin F in Normal, Illinois

59 months ago

Yep, they are liars. I've asked for one extra work shirt and they always get snappy about it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

needajob27 in Kingston, Pennsylvania

59 months ago

Are there any managers on here that work or worked for Walgreens that can tell me what they are looking for in the criminal background check? Do they only look for felonies?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Dustin F in Normal, Illinois

59 months ago

Walgreens does not hire if you have done something that's a small crime. ie stealing I think to what I remember. Been a while since I've been through the app process after working for it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Don

40 months ago

oldfart in atlanta, Georgia said: pepsi cola bottling company tried hiring young college graduates to run their business serveal years ago.that's when coke took over the market share leaving pepsi in their dust.i would take a non college graduate with a burning desire to succeed over a college grad 7 days a week and twice on sunday.they hire the young ones for these reason's;they have a longer life expectancey,are out of work fewer days,have college party to pay for,in some case are able to learn systems faster.in most cases you will find a young manager team with an exa that is better seasoned.in our district we have college degree managers that can't do the payroll without notes or have called me to help them through recving.if you check positions across the country the first qualification is a degree. dea ju vue

With that pitiful grammar I doubt you are in any position of leadership.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Don

40 months ago

I'm not surprised by the bitterness of the older generation. However, I would think you folks are seasoned enough to know that you would probably be more succesful if you put all that negative energy and bitterness into being a better employee as opposed to criticizing others.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

trlee in Laurens, South Carolina

39 months ago

I posted this in another thread but wanted to address this here, too. I am currently 40 years old. I have only been with WAG for 2 1/2 years and have gone from front cashier, to SBA, to SIMS which turned into STL, and am now Assistant Manager at the same store I started in.

I do agree that most managers are in their 20's. BUT, if you work hard and prove yourself, you can go as far as you want.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.