NO RESPONSE FROM WEB APPLICATION

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (41)

JCOLLIE in Mount Prospect, Illinois

90 months ago

I APPLIED VIA WEB SITE TO COMPANY , NO RESPONSE AT ALL? HOW DO I FOLLOW UP? NTO TO SOUND PUSHY, BUT MY RESUME IS EXCELLENT AND I CAN'T BELIEVE I DIDN'T EVEN WARRANT A RESPONSE.
IS THERE A WAY TO FOLLOW UP?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Carol in Manchester, New Hampshire

90 months ago

Hi,

You should be pushy, call them up and ask if they received your resume. Check thier website for the tel number. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Marc in Fall River, Massachusetts

90 months ago

Same here, sent resume no response what so ever.. You can follow up with them if you believe it is a great position for you, but any company who doesent even send a "sorry, but" chain letter/e-mail may not be the right company to work for. I'm staying clear myself, good luck with the search...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bill in Kalamazoo, Michigan

90 months ago

Same here. I applied via their website and I haven't heard anything from the company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tim in Crawfordsville, Indiana

90 months ago

As a large company, I believe they just take a little more time and go through a central recruiting area--I applied and didn't get a call for almost 2.5 weeks after submission. Beyond that first huge hurdle they are excellent about communication. I'm waiting to hear if I get a second interview! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JCOLLIE in Mount Prospect, Illinois

90 months ago

Thank you all for your comments. It is good to have feedback, makes me feel not quite so alone out there! :)

sajer in Lapaz, Indiana

90 months ago

I went through two interviews with this company for another position and they do take some time to respond. However, they are pretty good about communicating afterwards and during the process.

I did not get the job as someone in the industry did. This is something they look for when filling jobs and it seems there are a few lesser compnaies that they pull from.

Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Wayne in Baldwinsville, New York

90 months ago

I handed an application in person twice and NEVER even got a phone call either time! I have a CDL class A with a 100% clean driving record! Can run just about any kind of equipment too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Wayne in Baldwinsville, New York

90 months ago

Marc said: Same here, sent resume no response what so ever.. You can follow up with them if you believe it is a great position for you, but any company who doesent even send a "sorry, but" chain letter/e-mail may not be the right company to work for. I'm staying clear myself, good luck with the search...

Marc
Around here in up-state NY not many at all will even call you to say "thanks but no thanks" Funny, when I was manager I didn't want to but at least I'd call the people and tell them "sorry, I found someone else"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

mike in Evansville, Indiana

89 months ago

I have been working for waste about four years now it seems as if you come in trough a temp agency then file an app you get right in but this is in Bradenton FL. Also seems to help if you are minority.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

john in Grand Blanc, Michigan

89 months ago

i got a e mail saying they werent interested in my hobbies at this time. so try back in 6 mo. (what the heck does that mean) lol anyway good luck to you all.

JCOLLIE in Carol Stream, Illinois

89 months ago

That's insane! Your hobbies? Wow... to have the good ole days when all employers cared about was how hard we worked. I still never heard back from them. But found another job anyways!!

89 months ago

I wish you good luck and god willing on the job you found.Maybe waste was not for you,or they do noy know what tipe of worker they let slip trough there fingers

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

What does your hobbies have to do with any thing, if you can drive a garbage truck or a semi if they are looking for employees.

Gene in Waxhaw, North Carolina

88 months ago

JCOLLIE said: I APPLIED VIA WEB SITE TO COMPANY , NO RESPONSE AT ALL? HOW DO I FOLLOW UP? NTO TO SOUND PUSHY, BUT MY RESUME IS EXCELLENT AND I CAN'T BELIEVE I DIDN'T EVEN WARRANT A RESPONSE.
Dude believe me you don't want to work for this screwed-up company!!

Big Dog in Des Moines, Iowa

88 months ago

Gene in Waxhaw, North Carolina said: Dude believe me you don't want to work for this screwed-up company!!

Tell us more! I have been applying and applying with these folks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lost Engineer in Butler, Pennsylvania

87 months ago

JCOLLIE in Mount Prospect, Illinois said: I APPLIED VIA WEB SITE TO COMPANY , NO RESPONSE AT ALL? HOW DO I FOLLOW UP? NTO TO SOUND PUSHY, BUT MY RESUME IS EXCELLENT AND I CAN'T BELIEVE I DIDN'T EVEN WARRANT A RESPONSE.

I AM CURIOUS, SINCE I HAVE A SIMILAR PROBLEM WITH OTHER COMPANIES. HOW OLD ARE YOU?

Lost Engineer in Butler, Pennsylvania

87 months ago

My point is once you are over 40, a lot of companies discriminate against you, even though they quote EOE policy.

Burned in Boston in New London, Connecticut

87 months ago

You should be happy if they don't respond to you application. The Saugus Mass. plant is the last place you would want to work. You need this job like you need a hole in your head. Saugus has been hiring for years for the same jobs, only misguided fools apply and then they are chewed up and spit out by upper management. The smarter you are the quicker they will drive you out. Ask someone who is or was there before you make a big mistake. In fact ask two people because you won't find two who say working at waste management in saugus is a good idea.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jerry in Advance, North Carolina

86 months ago

JCOLLIE in Mount Prospect, Illinois said: I APPLIED VIA WEB SITE TO COMPANY , NO RESPONSE AT ALL? HOW DO I FOLLOW UP? NTO TO SOUND PUSHY, BUT MY RESUME IS EXCELLENT AND I CAN'T BELIEVE I DIDN'T EVEN WARRANT A RESPONSE.

Yes there is.RUN!

Overqualified? Never said in Norwood, Missouri

86 months ago

I applied once online, received a quick interview date, did well, received a second interview with the operations manager of the entire facility...then nothing. The sub-management positions are unionized (though the pay isn't all that) and there is a definitive affirmative action culture that disuades me from applying again. I emailed following my second interview for feedback, again, nothing. I don't hold it against them as BFI, where my uncle worked for 20 years, has also gone affirmative action and he could not get hired today as he was in the mid-1970's. No bitterness or prejudice, but if one is a recognized minority, definitely apply.

J. Smith in Fort Worth, Texas

86 months ago

Waste Mgt. is a fine company and for years one of the best ...They have gone through many changes as all the others have and are tightening their belts but don't give up if you get no reply as these are very very busy people.As companies go they are still one of the best to work for.I find that the net doesn't get the results you might get with networking or a resume sent through the regular mail. or walk the resume into the personel office.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Burned in boston in Crozier, Virginia

85 months ago

J. Smith in Fort Worth, Texas said: Waste Mgt. is a fine company and for years one of the best ...They have gone through many changes as all the others have and are tightening their belts but don't give up if you get no reply as these are very very busy people.As companies go they are still one of the best to work for.I find that the net doesn't get the results you might get with networking or a resume sent through the regular mail. or walk the resume into the personel office.

A fine company? I found out after I started that they were not going to give me any health insurance or beneifits for 90 days. Some misguieded soul had told me they were a good place to work. It never occured to me to ask when the benifits would start. I have worked in the boston area for 20 years at many companies and never had any thing like this happen, at burger king maybe.

Maybe things are good where J. smith in Fort Worth works or maybe he was hired to write something nice about these guys.

The Saugus Ma Plant I was told takes in $50,000.000 per year in trash fees and for selling power and spends about $25,000.000 to operate. If you die there, (and its only a matter of time till some one dies or gets horribly hurt), they could give your widow $5,000,000 and they would still be in good shape.

Don't work at this plant; if you value your life, your operators license, youre health, self esteem or sanity. Like I ssaid befor..."ask two people about this place because you wont find two who say it is good , even if you find one"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

J. Smith in Dallas, Texas

85 months ago

Burned in boston in Crozier, Virginia said: A fine company? I found out after I started that they were not going to give me any health insurance or beneifits for 90 days. Some misguieded soul had told me they were a good place to work. It never occured to me to ask when the benifits would start. I have worked in the boston area for 20 years at many companies and never had any thing like this happen, at burger king maybe.

Maybe things are good where J. smith in Fort Worth works or maybe he was hired to write something nice about these guys.

The Saugus Ma Plant I was told takes in $50,000.000 per year in trash fees and for selling power and spends about $25,000.000 to operate. If you die there, (and its only a matter of time till some one dies or gets horribly hurt), they could give your widow $5,000,000 and they would still be in good shape.

Don't work at this plant; if you value your life, your operators license, you're health, self esteem or sanity. Like I ssaid befor..."ask two people about this place because you wont find two who say it is good , even if you find one"

Sounds like you might have had a very bad experience and if you think about it the workplace is a new ball game these days. I agree that a lot of companies do their employees wrong in many ways but we all need to work so we just endure. Believe me no one paid me to reply just feel that i haven't been in the same situation you have been in so i can't say anything about Waste. Course i'm not in the Boston area either.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Schrek in Orange, Texas

84 months ago

mike in Evansville, Indiana said: What does your hobbies have to do with any thing, if you can drive a garbage truck or a semi if they are looking for employees.

They want to see if you're active (healthy) or a lazy ass couch potato.

Mack D. in Flint, Michigan

84 months ago

Burned in Boston in New London, Connecticut said: You should be happy if they don't respond to you application. The Saugus Mass. plant is the last place you would want to work. You need this job like you need a hole in your head. Saugus has been hiring for years for the same jobs, only misguided fools apply and then they are chewed up and spit out by upper management. The smarter you are the quicker they will drive you out. Ask someone who is or was there before you make a big mistake. In fact ask two people because you won't find two who say working at waste management in saugus is a good idea.

I believe you about the "smart" part. I have a theory that most bigs want either drones who don't ask questions, or someone who is related to a who's who in the company. Our system of work is sooooo flawed in this country, we deserve to sink as a world power, and in fact are on our way down. Economically speaking, we're in our twilight. Too strong ? Look at our debt to savings ratio... were are not a prosperous, growing workforce !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Schrek in Spring, Texas

84 months ago

Tim in Crawfordsville, Indiana said: As a large company, I believe they just take a little more time and go through a central recruiting area--I applied and didn't get a call for almost 2.5 weeks after submission. Beyond that first huge hurdle they are excellent about communication. I'm waiting to hear if I get a second interview! :)

2.5 weeks is a gift; even small companies often take longer than that to shift through resumes.

Big Dog in Des Moines, Iowa

84 months ago

I don't think this guy gets the bigger pix. It is not the waiting - this is very common with ALL companies. In general, people are talking about work environment, company culture, how many employees they go through and seemingly company arrogance in general.

john doe in Holliston, Massachusetts

84 months ago

I work in saugus and you dont know what your talking about.Every employer has a time frame to give you benefits. There are plenty of guys that have been working here since it opened in 1975. Get your facts straight before you shoot your mouth off!

TCT

83 months ago

As a former Wheelabrator/WM employee please accept my sincere advice by not accepting any position with them. If you have a good resume as you stated, keep submiting it to "true" energy companies, not trash companies running power plants.

brian in Merrimack, New Hampshire

83 months ago

hi there the best thing for you to do is go to the local waste managment co in your area if you dont know stop one of the drivers they will be more than helpful. i work for W/M for a few years here in NH but the online system is that helpful.
hope this was helpful

burned in boston in Bumpass, Virginia

83 months ago

john doe in Holliston, Massachusetts said: I work in saugus and you dont know what your talking about.Every employer has a time frame to give you benefits. There are plenty of guys that have been working here since it opened in 1975. Get your facts straight before you shoot your mouth off!

Dear John,

I’m glad you’re happy at Saugus Resco (Wheelabrator-Waste Management). What fact(s) do I have wrong? If benefits Don't start the day of hire, the thing to do is let the new employee know before they are hired. Just because their are some people that have been there for a long time doesn’t necessarily make it a good place to work. In general, and specifically at your plant, the guys that have been there a long time can be part of the problem because they don’t know much about anything except what they have seen at Saugus.

They don’t know any better, and if you come in with “new fangled ideas” like real concern for safety or environmental protection, or respect for the license law, they will recognize that you are not willing to play ball with doing things the way they are used to.

What is the Saugus Resco Motto for safety? Isn’t it, “Safety hats and safety glasses, stick them up your big fat A****. Don’t I have this fact straight?

My concern is that someone looking for a job could accept a job in Saugus and that could be a big mistake. My question to you is: If a new employee came in there and you found him to be a good, hard worker and some boss said he did not like him, would you defend the new guy and tell your boss you thought he was a good worker, or would you kiss the boss’s “ego”, knife the new guy in the back, and never think twice about it because your more concerned with your own position than the well being of any body else? If this does not sound like you, fine, but isn’t backstabbing and ***kissing pretty normal for management at Resco?

WJ in Southfield, Michigan

83 months ago

WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH IS HAPPENING ALL OVER!!! I WAS TOLD THAT A LOT OF THESE COMPANIES DON'T HAVE THE POSITIONS OPENED AND THAT THEY ARE BUILDING A JOB POOL FOR THEMSELVES. THE ECONOMY IS SO DAMN TIGHT NOW!! THERE'S NOTHING WE CAN DO ABOUT IT. WE ARE IN A RECESSION. BUT CONTINUE TO KEEP LOOKING. GOOD LUCK.

MJA in Denver, Colorado

83 months ago

I have found everyone thinks their resume is great but it is the hiring manager that must think its great. If you have what a company is looking for they will contact you, if not they will not contact you. Get it?

BROOK in Fort Wayne, Indiana

83 months ago

Thye will have an outside firm call you back normally. It takes a few days to a week. I dont know why it takes so long but it does.

Kelliegh Weir in Des Moines, Iowa

67 months ago

My husbad has worked for waste management for 5 years. Before this year I would've said they were a decent company that attempted to take care of their employees. Granted the economy is poor right now, However; Garbage is up they have secured many new routes.
It used to be safety was important to this company, they used to provide a safety/ (christmas) bonus every year to employees based on their safety. Now they instead have implemented a program that pretty much guarantees they will never have to pay that out again. it is now EVERY EMPLOYEE in a market area must have a great safety record. So even if you have a PERFECT year with no accidents if some dipstick they hired has an incident YOU do not get your bonus.
That coupled with the fact that they say safety is the number one important issue and then consistantly "rush" the drivers to finish their routes. and there really is no upward momentum in the company.. Plenty of side to side room to move but no real opportunities to grow. I know jobs are scarce but my husband for one will be seeking different employment where employees are measured on their own merit not an entire area. I should also meention that my husband is an excellent reliable employee that NEVER misses a day of work.
I wish you all the best of luck if you should decide to take a job with waste management (if they ever call you back that is)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

jazz H in Montebello, California

62 months ago

I applied for the job and took a SURPRISE ASSESMENT TEST :/
The next day I called the recruiment line and they gave me a date for a phone interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

hhrea1 in Elmhurst, Illinois

61 months ago

have they called you back with an interview yet? If so have you learned anything regarding salary? What position did you apply for?

Jeff in Saginaw, Michigan

30 months ago

I had a Phone interview and I got called in did great and they sent me a email basically saying try again. Thennnn about 3 months later they called me again and gave me a phone interview and set me up for another interview but never went in cause I though the same thing was going to happen again Now Im wondering if i should of gone in? It seems like one big job pool

Jaime Altieri in Kennewick, Washington

20 months ago

Does anyone know how they handle felony record 7 years old? It sounds like maybe they'd take a chance just for the tax incentive...

thumpersmom in Ballston Lake, New York

16 months ago

Wayne in Baldwinsville, New York said: Marc
Around here in up-state NY not many at all will even call you to say "thanks but no thanks" Funny, when I was manager I didn't want to but at least I'd call the people and tell them "sorry, I found someone else"

I experience the same thing with most companies. Their arrogance is amazing. Sadly, there are so many people looking for jobs, they seem to think that it isn't necessary to be polite anymore. But, as someone else noted, perhaps that's a reflection on the company as a whole.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.