getting an interview, let alone a position

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

phil in Miami, Florida

69 months ago

I have experience in pharmaceutical, medical, and surgical purchasing and sales. I have applied to several positions online at Watson and going to their local location. Once there only able to drop off a resume at the receptionist's desk. Any advise on a solution? I know I can do a great job for them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

CCsolo in San Bernardino, California

13 months ago

I worked for Watson from 2006 to 2008 prior to a mass layoff, and yes, since then I myself have tried to re-apply for a position and have heard nothing. When I started, it was with Kelly Services, a staffing agency in Corona, CA, also where Watson headquarters is located. The position was for a Drum Attendant, with no company listed. I didn't even know I would be working for Watson when I applied at Kelly Services. I basically just worked my butt off once I was in there, talked it up with any manager that came my way, and eventually was offered a position on 3rd shift.

My best advice to you is to call 411 or go through the proactive steps at contacting the HR personnel in charge of recruiting..."Hi, my name is------------- and I have recently submitted a resume and application to "so n so", and I was interested in finding out what the status of that is"...so on and so forth...squeaky wheel gets the oil. Find out who you can talk to that would best suit the position you are applying for, and check in maybe once a week or once every 2 weeks until they get annoyed and either say "no, you weren't chosen" or "yes, yes damnit, we will hire you just stop calling"..I mean, the worst they could say is "no", right? then you know you can start putting your energy into your next plan of attack for employment.

You could also try looking into local staffing agencies, like literally calling them up and asking if Watson is one of their accounts they staff for...and go from there.Any good job is worth the research and the effort. Good luck!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.