Wellpoint Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Wellpoint?

What do you like best about working at Wellpoint? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

Right in Cincinnati, Ohio

91 months ago

Nice bonus plan if they keep it... can be 10% of more of your annual pay in some jobs. Nice paid time off policy. They publish salary ranges for all positions... but no one I know is even to the MID point. Inusrance is costly as an employee - no real discounts. Travel varies based on your role. They constantly reduce the workforce based on how much you cost, not what you can do. You decide.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (93) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

nancy in Cincinnati, Ohio

91 months ago

Right in Cincinnati, Ohio said: Nice bonus plan if they keep it... can be 10% of more of your annual pay in some jobs. Nice paid time off policy. They publish salary ranges for all positions... but no one I know is even to the MID point. Inusrance is costly as an employee - no real discounts. Travel varies based on your role. They constantly reduce the workforce based on how much you cost, not what you can do. You decide.

I am an RN with a BSN and BA (currently in grad school for my MSN). I have been looking for a position other than bedside nursing since mid-March. I have applied to numerous positions at this company, and I have never received any response from HR. I fit all the qualifications for many of the positions I have applied for - I don't get it. This seems to be a trend for many of the positions I have applied for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (98) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Red in Indianapolis, Indiana

90 months ago

nancy in Cincinnati, Ohio said: I am an RN with a BSN and BA (currently in grad school for my MSN). I have been looking for a position other than bedside nursing since mid-March. I have applied to numerous positions at this company, and I have never received any response from HR. I fit all the qualifications for many of the positions I have applied for - I don't get it. This seems to be a trend for many of the positions I have applied for.

Don't worry, if my ex-employer follows true to form; you might hear from them 4-12 months after you've applied for a position. Don't hold your breath!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (83) / No Reply - Report abuse

ACDDE

89 months ago

I have run into the same thing. THEY contacted me, not the other way around. I sent a resume, did a phone interview, then nothing. I followed up with recruiter but you only get voice mail and they don't return calls.
Maybe not such a good company after all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (83) / No Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

Are you an RN? It would be so nice to talk to someone about this whole career search fiasco. I can not tell you how many "near misses" I have had in this job search/quest. By that I mean I thought I was hired, was told I was hired on my fourth interview from "corporate", and then to this day in time I have never heard from the company... I had one company telling me they had been looking for a year, and I was their first serious candidate. They said they wanted to "wrap things up" by the end of the month, etc, and would arrange the group interview. Then I heard NOTHING. Even if I kept in touch with them, etc, I would hear NOTHING. I have so many stories!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (84) / No Reply - Report abuse

Noth Andover in Cincinnati, Ohio

89 months ago

Their pay is very low compared to other companies. This is a cell center job paying $11-$13 hr. They offered me this job and I had to refuse. Same job at different companies pay up to $21 hr.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (82) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

anna

88 months ago

what companies pay up to $21/hr in cincinnati???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

For what type of positions would you like to earn 21.00/hr?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

nobuddy in Indianapolis, Indiana

61 months ago

depending on your position the pay does pretty well however dealing with the stress from customers as well as managers and staff can be annoying. be very careful if you have any health issues. if you invoke FMLA, either intermittent or continious they will stop giving you vacation time (paid time off). they are pretty flexible if you get the right manager but overall the company isn't at fault for its misgivings, its the mangers and supervisors that decide most of the policies... so all in all it depends on what department you work for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

ncognito in somewhere, California

15 months ago

Wellpoints medical insurance benefits are very costly for the employee. My company was acquired by Wellpoint and my premiums have doubled. You must submit to hypertension, BMI, Blood sugar and smoking screening for discounts on premiums (discount of up to 600 per year per enrollee). For your spouse, you are told you are paying more to encourage them to seek healthcare benefits from their own employer... You would think as a health insurance GIANT they would offer lower costs. This is not the case. Bottom line, they don't care about their employee's, only their profit margin.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.