I have an interview with Wells Fargo in a couple of day and I am in need of advice....

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (14)

Kristi84 in Los Angeles, California

35 months ago

Borntobefreee in Las Vegas, Nevada said: After about 1 year of being a teller I got promoted to being a Lead Teller and about a year after that I am currently going through training to become a Service Manager. So yeah, I still loveee it! I think it's a company that's been fair to me and I plan on staying here for a couple more years and then I'll take it from there :)

Hey! thanks for sharing. I made a huge mistake by asking a promotion from the teller to the CSSR, I hated it. I probably had to be like you, lead teller, and after that Customer Service manager, because they are not responsible for sales. .. good job though. I asked for promotion in a half of a year after being a teller, I guess I rushed a little. oh well. maybe if I'm desperate about my career, will apply for the lead teller :) (p.s. I'm no longer with WF).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

JackieP-3 in Tucson, Arizona

35 months ago

Hi Kristi everything went great! Now I am just waiting on my backround check and all that.Any suggestions if everything goes well and I get hired?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

JackieP-3 in Tucson, Arizona said: Hi Kristi everything went great! Now I am just waiting on my backround check and all that.Any suggestions if everything goes well and I get hired?

great! Well it depends if they called you after the group interview. If yes, then yes you are hired, if not, maybe be it's too soon. Anyhow, if you get it, good job, if not, there is nothing to cry about trust me! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jackiep03

35 months ago

Kristi84 in Los Angeles, California said: great! Well it depends if they called you after the group interview. If yes, then yes you are hired, if not, maybe be it's too soon. Anyhow, if you get it, good job, if not, there is nothing to cry about trust me! :)

I got the job!! :) so excited but nervous too. Any advice on my week of training?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JackieP-3

35 months ago

Kristi84 in Los Angeles, California said: great! Well it depends if they called you after the group interview. If yes, then yes you are hired, if not, maybe be it's too soon. Anyhow, if you get it, good job, if not, there is nothing to cry about trust me! :)

I GOT THE JOB! SO EXCITED BUT NERVOUS TOO. ANY ADVICE ON MY FIRST WEEK?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

20 months ago

Hi! Well, technically it's your "3rd" interview, if you count the phone part. lol I can't believe there are 2-3 interviews till they hire you as a teller for only like $10.50/hr. I actually quit a long time ago, worked there for exactly 1 year. Tips? Well, just be yourself, smile, look neat and try to remember your best sales job experience, they will definitely ask you about, what have you sold, and what motivates you to sell more and more. Definitely! Another question (I remember this pretty well), they asked me, what if you become best friends with your co-worker, and his/her granny gets sick, for example, would you give cash to him/her out from the cashier, you say NO! Never ever!! If you are applying for a teller position, the interview should be pretty easy. I'm not sure how the interview is for a Banker position, I think they ask you even more about sales. (Because in a bank, all they care is how you can sell more and more!) They pretty much will ask you about strengths and weaknesses again but it really depends on the interviewER. good luck :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

20 months ago

nick93 in El Cajon, California said: I passed the first interview and I have one with the bank manager later today. Can anyone give me any tips on questions to expect in the second interview?

Hi! Well, technically it's your "3rd" interview, if you count the phone part. lol I can't believe there are 2-3 interviews till they hire you as a teller for only like $10.50/hr. I actually quit a long time ago, worked there for exactly 1 year. Tips? Well, just be yourself, smile, look neat and try to remember your best sales job experience, they will definitely ask you about, what have you sold, and what motivates you to sell more and more. Definitely! Another question (I remember this pretty well), they asked me, what if you become best friends with your co-worker, and his/her granny gets sick, for example, would you give cash to him/her out from the cashier, you say NO! Never ever!! If you are applying for a teller position, the interview should be pretty easy. I'm not sure how the interview is for a Banker position, I think they ask you even more about sales. (Because in a bank, all they care is how you can sell more and more!) They pretty much will ask you about strengths and weaknesses again but it really depends on the interviewER. good luck :)

Nick in Santee, California

19 months ago

Borntobefreee in Las Vegas, Nevada said: it's really great, the benefits are great! the sales aspect of the job is a bit stressfull, but if you work hard it really pays off, Last quarter I got gold (200 sales) and our store hit 88% in 11ways 2wow, so that's over 1k in bonus :) one advice though - become friends with the bankers, that's a little sneaky, but that't what all the good tellers do. If you get friends with the right bankers thaty will match every pack for a pack ;)
have fun and good luck!

Hey i just got hired as a teller and i was wondering what you mean by they will match every pack for a pack

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Erica in Orlando, Florida

16 months ago

I Have a group interview coming up this week. What should I expect? I am so nervious...

Mary Santiago in Kissimmee, Florida

9 months ago

Erica in Orlando, Florida said: I Have a group interview coming up this week. What should I expect? I am so nervious...

Hi Erica! How was your group interview? I'm going this week. :)

Ashley in Florence, South Carolina

9 months ago

Hello,

I applied for a teller position for Wells Fargo and a day later I received an e-mail asking me to sign up for a phone interview time, but then the link it sent me to said that there were no available phone interview times. Now, should I go to the bank and sell myself to the manager or wait until Wells Fargo sends another e-mail?

P.s. I have background in retail and customer service. I am also a college student.

9 months ago

JackieP-3 said: I GOT THE JOB! SO EXCITED BUT NERVOUS TOO. ANY ADVICE ON MY FIRST WEEK?

Hello,

I applied for a teller position for Wells Fargo and a day later I received an e-mail asking me to sign up for a phone interview time, but then the link it sent me to said that there were no available phone interview times. Now, should I go to the bank and sell myself to the manager or wait until Wells Fargo sends another e-mail?

P.s. I have background in retail and customer service. I am also a college student.

9 months ago

Hello,

Sally

9 months ago

I had a an interview with wells fargo last week, I felt the interview went great, but now doubting it, I am still waiting to hear, do you think Its a bad thing that I havent heard anything yet.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.