I have an interview with Wells Fargo in a couple of day and I am in need of advice....

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (43)

Stupid in Baltimore, Maryland

56 months ago

Borntobefree, first of all if you are going to work for a bank, that moniker will have to go. Your freedom ends when you say yes. But, seriously, go online and look up the STAR line of interviewing. They may or may not use this. I have seen them use it, and I have seen a much more casual interview. It may be with a few people or just one. I would like to know the field which might shed some light on the type of interview. Back to the STAR interview, it will be questions such as "tell us a time when you had to overcome a customers objection and how did you handle the client?" Or "What have you done to increase cross selling within your branch......" These are not exact, but they will give you open ended questions that take explanations in connection with answers. My advice is to be honest, speak clearly with confidence yet show humility, and please make eye contact and smile while talking. Engage your interviewer and ask questions when they are completed. List your questions if needed. Make them insightful i.e...what level of production do you see coming from this position. Or, the systems that you are using, do they have a mechanism to cross sell? See, thinking about what you can do for them outside of just the job at hand may go a long way. I hope you get it. Don't be nervous. My father use to say. "Well, I was looking for a job when I came in here, so what's the worse that can happen." Above all, have fun. They need you, not the other way around. Now, go get em.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Borntobefreee in Las Vegas, Nevada

56 months ago

hey, thank you for the support. It really was a group interview with 20 other people... It was ok, I got a phone call the second day and went for a one on one interview with the bank manager and a day after I got another phone call telling me I got the job. The only problem is they pay only 10$ an hour... AND you need to work as a teller for at least a year before you are considered for promotion... I am 23y/o and have a Bachelor's in Finance so I decided 10$ /hour is not enough. I was very disappointed to find out how little they pay at WF. I think I'll keep looking...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Judes in Stafford, Texas

55 months ago

Yea I am just the same as you, 23 y/o and I just interviewed for the PB position at Wells Fargo. I have my Bachelor's in Finance as well and I also applied for the teller position as well. I am not sure what my pay will be but I would surely think you could qualify for a PB spot too. I would try if you have already passed the interviews this far. Good luck with everything and keep trying! $10 isn't much if you are in Las Vegas, but I was wondering what the pay is elsewhere since Bank of America in Texas is currently starting new tellers at $10.82 I believe.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

I did get the job, it's 10.50 per hour and I loveee it!!! the pay isn't that wow, but the rest is wonderful: the people are awesome, the rewords are great. Overall, I';m glad and I think I made the right decision. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ptaylor in Hagerstown, Maryland

52 months ago

Borntobefreee in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Hi
A couple of days ago I filled out an online application for Wells Fargo. After, I got an email with an 800 number which I called and after a brief couple of questions, I was scheduled an interview.
Now I've never been to a bank interview before so I am very nervous... Is this gonna be a group interview (I've never been to one - what to expect??) Also, I did find possible questions for the interview, but I just can't seem to think of an answer to "why WF"??
any advise??? please...

What is the number you called to speak with a live person. I recently reached HR department but this department handled current employees.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Ptaylor in Hagerstown, Maryland

52 months ago

What is the number you called to speak with a live person. I recently reached HR department but this department handled current employees.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Kristi84 in Los Angeles, California

50 months ago

Borntobefreee in Las Vegas, Nevada said: I did get the job, it's 10.50 per hour and I loveee it!!! the pay isn't that wow, but the rest is wonderful: the people are awesome, the rewords are great. Overall, I';m glad and I think I made the right decision. :)

Congratz! I got the teller just the same as you, @10.50. my trainig will start Aug 4th. how do u like it so far? =)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

Borntobefreee in Las Vegas, Nevada said: it's really great, the benefits are great! the sales aspect of the job is a bit stressfull, but if you work hard it really pays off, Last quarter I got gold (200 sales) and our store hit 88% in 11ways 2wow, so that's over 1k in bonus :) one advice though - become friends with the bankers, that's a little sneaky, but that't what all the good tellers do. If you get friends with the right bankers thaty will match every pack for a pack ;)
have fun and good luck!

yeah well, thanks, that's a great piece of advice, though, I only was offered a part time (no benefits), they recently hire part timers since they are too greedy on their benefits, I guess. Will See. )))

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Kate in Bristow, Virginia

50 months ago

Borntobefreee in Las Vegas, Nevada said: it's really great, the benefits are great! the sales aspect of the job is a bit stressfull, but if you work hard it really pays off, Last quarter I got gold (200 sales) and our store hit 88% in 11ways 2wow, so that's over 1k in bonus :) one advice though - become friends with the bankers, that's a little sneaky, but that't what all the good tellers do. If you get friends with the right bankers thaty will match every pack for a pack ;)
have fun and good luck!

I am applying for a PB position. what is "match every pack for a pack?"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Greg in Long Beach, California

33 months ago

Cool. I have an interview today. Based off the phone interview and the comments; I can tell there will be questions about sales (achieving goals), dealing with angry customers, and providing great customer service.

I have a bachelors from a Tier 1 University in English. I worked as a substitute teacher and tutor. I can count money forwards and backwards; and I have diverse sales experiences including car sales. (I tutor Algebra-Calculus/finite statistics: Chemistry, Biology, Physics, and the Humanities--If you need a tutor and are in the LA Long Beach area, e-mail me!)

I Think I got this job in the bag!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

MARie in Turlock, California

32 months ago

Hi so i had my group interview today at wellsfargo..im not going to lie i was really nervous answering my questions but i think i did okay..she said we would recieve a call or email within 4 buisness days...Do u guys think if i were to get the job i should get a call back the next day?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

O my god you guys! I was working for Wells Fargo since August 2010 till August 2011. (as you can find from my messages here). well, I started as a teller, did my best, got promoted to the next position that goes between the Banker and a Teller, did my best, and I quit after 1 year! caouln't handle that piece of crap anymore. the work is about gaming after you get promoted from the teller. as soon as you get promoted from the teller it becomes a nightmare. I quit. sorry, didn't work out for me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

MARie in Turlock, California said: Hi so i had my group interview today at wellsfargo..im not going to lie i was really nervous answering my questions but i think i did okay..she said we would recieve a call or email within 4 buisness days...Do u guys think if i were to get the job i should get a call back the next day?

no, like in a couple of days. like in 1 to 5 days. well, they called me right away actually, like the next day. lol. because I know I did the best on the group interview. i worked out for the company best, but u know what though? the company didn't work out for me the best. I quit after 1 year. it doesn't have to do anything with people or the benefits, nor the salary, it's just the system, the way how they get the sales is horrible, all this cold colling on people from the bank "begging" them to come and open an account. ughhh. the job is so annoying (I mean if you get to get promotion above the teller, which I did). so don't be dissapoined if they never call you back. trust me! lmao

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

JackieP-3 in Tucson, Arizona

30 months ago

Kristi84 in Los Angeles, California said: O my god you guys! I was working for Wells Fargo since August 2010 till August 2011. (as you can find from my messages here). well, I started as a teller, did my best, got promoted to the next position that goes between the Banker and a Teller, did my best, and I quit after 1 year! caouln't handle that piece of crap anymore. the work is about gaming after you get promoted from the teller. as soon as you get promoted from the teller it becomes a nightmare. I quit. sorry, didn't work out for me.

Hi Kristi I wanted to know if you can help with some banking questions. I have been applying to many banks chase and wells fargo but when I get to the end of the interview I ask if they are flexible with school and they just say NO! They explain why but do you think this is the reason why none have hired me? My major is nursing is that another excuse? Please help! Thanks to anybody who answers as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

oh crap! Don't ever tell them that you are studying Nursing (or anything like doesn't have to do with business). They'll only allow flexible schedules if you are into finance or management because they don't want to waste their time and teach you how to sell if you'll do something different. Besides, sales is not your goal, why would you apply to banks anyway? Go work as LVN's assistant or CNA. or something, why would you want to start selling? waste of time for you and for them, they understand that. sorry. :( and pay is very bad. especially tellers. :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

JackieP-3 in Tucson, Arizona said: Hi Kristi I wanted to know if you can help with some banking questions. I have been applying to many banks chase and wells fargo but when I get to the end of the interview I ask if they are flexible with school and they just say NO! They explain why but do you think this is the reason why none have hired me? My major is nursing is that another excuse? Please help! Thanks to anybody who answers as well.

oh crap! Don't ever tell them that you are studying Nursing (or anything like doesn't have to do with business). They'll only allow flexible schedules if you are into finance or management because they don't want to waste their time and teach you how to sell if you'll do something different. Besides, sales is not your goal, why would you apply to banks anyway? Go work as LVN's assistant or CNA. or something, why would you want to start selling? waste of time for you and for them, they understand that. sorry. :( and pay is very bad. especially tellers. :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

have fun and good luck!

That's true darling, but one day u'll become banker and then who you'll need to become frineds??

30 months ago

Ptaylor in Hagerstown, Maryland said: What is the number you called to speak with a live person. I recently reached HR department but this department handled current employees.

When you fill out an application online, they give you the number after you are done.

30 months ago

Greg in Long Beach, California said: Cool. I have an interview today. Based off the phone interview and the comments; I can tell there will be questions about sales (achieving goals), dealing with angry customers, and providing great customer service.

I have a bachelors from a Tier 1 University in English. I worked as a substitute teacher and tutor. I can count money forwards and backwards; and I have diverse sales experiences including car sales. (I tutor Algebra-Calculus/finite statistics: Chemistry, Biology, Physics, and the Humanities--If you need a tutor and are in the LA Long Beach area, e-mail me!)

I Think I got this job in the bag!

SO, how is your work at WF going so far? did you get that job? :)

30 months ago

Borntobefreee in Las Vegas, Nevada said: I did get the job, it's 10.50 per hour and I loveee it!!! the pay isn't that wow, but the rest is wonderful: the people are awesome, the rewords are great. Overall, I';m glad and I think I made the right decision. :)

hmm, interesting, 2 years ago you wrote that you got so excited about the job at 10.50 $ at Wells Fargo. and everything is wowow!!! share with us, are you still with WF? what do you do ? :) thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

Kristi84 in Los Angeles, California said: hmm, interesting, 2 years ago you wrote that you got so excited about the job at 10.50 $ at Wells Fargo. and everything is wowow!!! share with us, are you still with WF? what do you do ? :) thanks.

After about 1 year of being a teller I got promoted to being a Lead Teller and about a year after that I am currently going through training to become a Service Manager. So yeah, I still loveee it! I think it's a company that's been fair to me and I plan on staying here for a couple more years and then I'll take it from there :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

Kristi84 in Los Angeles, California said: That's true darling, but one day u'll become banker and then who you'll need to become frineds??

I am not gonna be a banker, it's not the career path I want to take, but if I was a banker I would be friends with the tellers :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

Kristi84 in Los Angeles, California said: oh crap! Don't ever tell them that you are studying Nursing (or anything like doesn't have to do with business). They'll only allow flexible schedules if you are into finance or management because they don't want to waste their time and teach you how to sell if you'll do something different. Besides, sales is not your goal, why would you apply to banks anyway? Go work as LVN's assistant or CNA. or something, why would you want to start selling? waste of time for you and for them, they understand that. sorry. :( and pay is very bad. especially tellers. :(

Hmm no wonder lol. Well at first I had no idea what to study since I always wanted to become a pediatrician but it would take me 12 yrs and I did not want to be in that school that long by then I would want my own home and children! I have worked as a CNA and it is not as easy as it seems. I did not love it. It is a very difficult job. I was looking to apply at a bank because I once thought of majoring in business and now my major is in business but I have not taken any classes based on it. So that is why. What do you think I should say the next time I get an interview if I do.. I am waiting on two other applications. Thanks Kristi!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

JackieP-3 in Tucson, Arizona said: Hmm no wonder lol. Well at first I had no idea what to study since I always wanted to become a pediatrician but it would take me 12 yrs and I did not want to be in that school that long by then I would want my own home and children! I have worked as a CNA and it is not as easy as it seems. I did not love it. It is a very difficult job. I was looking to apply at a bank because I once thought of majoring in business and now my major is in business but I have not taken any classes based on it. So that is why. What do you think I should say the next time I get an interview if I do.. I am waiting on two other applications. Thanks Kristi!

Well, my advice is to be yourself and tell them exactly what you told me, just say that you are not into nursing anymore and that you are interested in business field and desperate about studying sales and stuff. trust me, they'll love this. :)

30 months ago

Borntobefreee in Las Vegas, Nevada said: After about 1 year of being a teller I got promoted to being a Lead Teller and about a year after that I am currently going through training to become a Service Manager. So yeah, I still loveee it! I think it's a company that's been fair to me and I plan on staying here for a couple more years and then I'll take it from there :)

Hey! thanks for sharing. I made a huge mistake by asking a promotion from the teller to the CSSR, I hated it. I probably had to be like you, lead teller, and after that Customer Service manager, because they are not responsible for sales. .. good job though. I asked for promotion in a half of a year after being a teller, I guess I rushed a little. oh well. maybe if I'm desperate about my career, will apply for the lead teller :) (p.s. I'm no longer with WF).

30 months ago

Hey Kristi Thank you for all your advice. I mest up on saying business as a major it is my minor and major is nursing although that major will become general sciences in nursing. I dont know what to do because I do not want to lie on the application saying my major is business. I want to apply as a teller to see if I like it and maybe change my major to business. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

Hey Kristi I got the offer with Chase! I am so excited but nervous as well. I have my pre-employment process to be started on Monday what should I expect??? Also what do they ask in the conference call?? Thanks!

30 months ago

JackieP-3 in Tucson, Arizona said: Hey Kristi I got the offer with Chase! I am so excited but nervous as well. I have my pre-employment process to be started on Monday what should I expect??? Also what do they ask in the conference call?? Thanks!

well, they'll ask mainly about your sales experience, and your customer service skills, and how you handle stress, and what motivates you. They'll ask what have you done to customer so she/he went WOW, and stuff like that. and how you handled the angry customer. And pretty much couple of more questions. not hard. just say that business is you minor in college now and you want to become the branch manager in the future, they LOVE when you say that. good luck! Let me know how it went. and I heard Chase is better. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

JackieP-3 in Tucson, Arizona said: Hey Kristi I got the offer with Chase! I am so excited but nervous as well. I have my pre-employment process to be started on Monday what should I expect??? Also what do they ask in the conference call?? Thanks!

well, they'll ask mainly about your sales experience, and your customer service skills, and how you handle stress, and what motivates you. They'll ask what have you done to customer so she/he went WOW, and stuff like that. and how you handled the angry customer. And pretty much couple of more questions. not hard. just say that business is you minor and you want to become the branch manager in the future, they LOVE when you say that. good luck! Let me know how it went. and I heard Chase is better. :)

30 months ago

Okay thanks a lot! I really hope so!

29 months ago

Hi Kristi everything went great! Now I am just waiting on my backround check and all that.Any suggestions if everything goes well and I get hired?

29 months ago

JackieP-3 in Tucson, Arizona said: Hi Kristi everything went great! Now I am just waiting on my backround check and all that.Any suggestions if everything goes well and I get hired?

great! Well it depends if they called you after the group interview. If yes, then yes you are hired, if not, maybe be it's too soon. Anyhow, if you get it, good job, if not, there is nothing to cry about trust me! :)

Jackiep03

29 months ago

Kristi84 in Los Angeles, California said: great! Well it depends if they called you after the group interview. If yes, then yes you are hired, if not, maybe be it's too soon. Anyhow, if you get it, good job, if not, there is nothing to cry about trust me! :)

I got the job!! :) so excited but nervous too. Any advice on my week of training?

JackieP-3

29 months ago

Kristi84 in Los Angeles, California said: great! Well it depends if they called you after the group interview. If yes, then yes you are hired, if not, maybe be it's too soon. Anyhow, if you get it, good job, if not, there is nothing to cry about trust me! :)

I GOT THE JOB! SO EXCITED BUT NERVOUS TOO. ANY ADVICE ON MY FIRST WEEK?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

15 months ago

Hi! Well, technically it's your "3rd" interview, if you count the phone part. lol I can't believe there are 2-3 interviews till they hire you as a teller for only like $10.50/hr. I actually quit a long time ago, worked there for exactly 1 year. Tips? Well, just be yourself, smile, look neat and try to remember your best sales job experience, they will definitely ask you about, what have you sold, and what motivates you to sell more and more. Definitely! Another question (I remember this pretty well), they asked me, what if you become best friends with your co-worker, and his/her granny gets sick, for example, would you give cash to him/her out from the cashier, you say NO! Never ever!! If you are applying for a teller position, the interview should be pretty easy. I'm not sure how the interview is for a Banker position, I think they ask you even more about sales. (Because in a bank, all they care is how you can sell more and more!) They pretty much will ask you about strengths and weaknesses again but it really depends on the interviewER. good luck :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

15 months ago

nick93 in El Cajon, California said: I passed the first interview and I have one with the bank manager later today. Can anyone give me any tips on questions to expect in the second interview?

Hi! Well, technically it's your "3rd" interview, if you count the phone part. lol I can't believe there are 2-3 interviews till they hire you as a teller for only like $10.50/hr. I actually quit a long time ago, worked there for exactly 1 year. Tips? Well, just be yourself, smile, look neat and try to remember your best sales job experience, they will definitely ask you about, what have you sold, and what motivates you to sell more and more. Definitely! Another question (I remember this pretty well), they asked me, what if you become best friends with your co-worker, and his/her granny gets sick, for example, would you give cash to him/her out from the cashier, you say NO! Never ever!! If you are applying for a teller position, the interview should be pretty easy. I'm not sure how the interview is for a Banker position, I think they ask you even more about sales. (Because in a bank, all they care is how you can sell more and more!) They pretty much will ask you about strengths and weaknesses again but it really depends on the interviewER. good luck :)

Nick in Santee, California

13 months ago

have fun and good luck!

Hey i just got hired as a teller and i was wondering what you mean by they will match every pack for a pack

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Erica in Orlando, Florida

11 months ago

I Have a group interview coming up this week. What should I expect? I am so nervious...

Mary Santiago in Kissimmee, Florida

4 months ago

Erica in Orlando, Florida said: I Have a group interview coming up this week. What should I expect? I am so nervious...

Hi Erica! How was your group interview? I'm going this week. :)

Ashley in Florence, South Carolina

4 months ago

Hello,

I applied for a teller position for Wells Fargo and a day later I received an e-mail asking me to sign up for a phone interview time, but then the link it sent me to said that there were no available phone interview times. Now, should I go to the bank and sell myself to the manager or wait until Wells Fargo sends another e-mail?

P.s. I have background in retail and customer service. I am also a college student.

4 months ago

JackieP-3 said: I GOT THE JOB! SO EXCITED BUT NERVOUS TOO. ANY ADVICE ON MY FIRST WEEK?

Hello,

I applied for a teller position for Wells Fargo and a day later I received an e-mail asking me to sign up for a phone interview time, but then the link it sent me to said that there were no available phone interview times. Now, should I go to the bank and sell myself to the manager or wait until Wells Fargo sends another e-mail?

P.s. I have background in retail and customer service. I am also a college student.

4 months ago

Hello,

Sally

3 months ago

I had a an interview with wells fargo last week, I felt the interview went great, but now doubting it, I am still waiting to hear, do you think Its a bad thing that I havent heard anything yet.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.