Interview tips

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 392)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Audrey, S.F.,Ca in Concord, California

90 months ago

I just applied a job at Wells Fargo. Can anyone kindly provide me some interview tips? (or phone interview quesions)

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1152) / No (147) Reply - Report abuse

POPPY in Hayward, California

90 months ago

they dont do phone interview anymore, u should call call center and get an appointment date for interwiew!! its a group interwiew , 10-14 people , they ask same questions people and when its your turn you are answering.. Easy!! Mainly customer service questions..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (236) / No (69) Reply - Report abuse

Indrid in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

87 months ago

apple in Caloocan, Philippines said: wanna to be part of a call center group, just to be wid my friends because most of them are into it, and i cannot cope with them anymore... : (

I just interviewed for the credit manager postition at a sales forum in Ft. Lauderdale. They asked me back for a second interview. Any thoughts?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (131) / No (36) Reply - Report abuse

Tiffani in Concord, California

86 months ago

I recently applied for the teller position online. They sent me an email telling me to call this 800 number so I could go through the screening process. I ended up not being able to call, but they called me anyway for a short phone interview. She then scheduled me for an interview next week. I'm a little nervous because I do not know what to expect. Is it a group interview for tellers as well?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (485) / No (86) Reply - Report abuse

Henry in Hayward, California

86 months ago

I just got an email telling me to call some 800 number as well... u think they will call me back to schedule a face to face interview as well? Plus I was wondering if they were willing to hire me as a teller? though i have no previous experience working as a teller or for a bank.

Tiffani in Concord, California said: I recently applied for the teller position online. They sent me an email telling me to call this 800 number so I could go through the screening process. I ended up not being able to call, but they called me anyway for a short phone interview. She then scheduled me for an interview next week. I'm a little nervous because I do not know what to expect. Is it a group interview for tellers as well?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (84) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Henry in Concord, California

86 months ago

Thanks! they just called me today so ill give them a call back tomorrow.. may I ask how your interview went tifani?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Tiffani in San Ramon, California

86 months ago

My interview is tomorrow, I'm very nervous, I'm getting my things together, but I will defiantly try to let you know how it went!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (56) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

Ok so I just got back from my interview. I think it went okay, but I felt that there were others in the group who were more experienced then i am, so we will see. She asked questions like what was our greatest achievement, when did i set a goal and accomplish it and how, and to give an example of when you provided great customer service. You just go around in a circle to answer the questions, pretty easy. If they want you back for a second interview they will call you that same day.
Good luck to everyone

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (167) / No (29) Reply - Report abuse

Alexandra in Sonoma, California

86 months ago

Can you explain more about the interview? I go to my group interview tomorrow. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (139) / No (28) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

Was your interview an hour and a half? That's what I was told that mine is. Kind of scary that it is so long! How much do they ask in that much time?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (42) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

Well i suppose its a little late because you already went to your interview... but mine was over two hours because the group was larger then normal.
So how did it go, did they call you back?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Alexandra in San Diego, California

86 months ago

No, they haven't called me back yet :( I thought mine was a group interview, but it was actually a one on one interview with 3 different interviewers. And when I was done with one interviewer, someone else was called in to be interviewed by that person, and I was moved on to the next person to interview me. So, I saw 3 different Wells Fargo managers. I'm hoping to hear back soon; I really want the job.

How did yours go? Did you get a call Back?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

POPPY in San Leandro, California

86 months ago

well , wellsfargo never does call back. after months and group interview last month i got a call from a wellsfargo a bank branch, went interview next week in our scheduled time and the person who i have to do interview wasnt there, they appoligised and they didnt know that i have aninterview then some other person chef teller did interview in other room with me, then called other manager i did another interwiew with him too then they told me they will call me back next week, well negative or positive they didnt call me back and i didnt got any news from them either, is it really professional? A professional company if they refuse a candidate suppose to send a letter to adress.I am really upset that wells fargo treat us like that!! i feel me so bad after no one called and didnt send any letter negative or postive

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (45) Reply - Report abuse

Tiffani in Gilroy, California

86 months ago

Alexandra what position were you applying for?
I applied for the teller position, and my interviewer explained that first we went through a group interview, and the next step was to meet with the managers.
And thats too bad poppy, they've been good keeping me informed so far, and they're even trying to work my interviews around my school schedule.
Anyway i go in for my second interview on thursday hopefully so good luck guys!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

I applied for a teller position. I actually applied a couple mondays ago, and was called a few hours after applying online by a specific branch, and called in for an interview later that interview. When I went in- I was interviewed by the lead teller, and then service manager. After that day of interviews, I had a phone screening, and then was scheduled the next week (last Thur) for an interview with 3 different managers. I was told that they would get back to me in 3-5 days(due to the need to investigate my background). I really got along with the service manager, so I called him today and asked him if he heard any feedback from my interview. He said I passed, and everyone is just waiting on my bckground info, and should hear back by the end of the week or so. Im keeping my fingers crossed!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (55) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

M. Garfield

86 months ago

Moneybags in Crosslake, Minnesota said: You have to sell your self to them. Be positive and outgoing on things, Ask as many questions as you can. I just went through the same process. I start with Wells Fargo on Monday. Good Luck.

Did you get the job working for the President as his Executive Assistant?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

You guys i got the job! I had the interview yesterday with the managers, and Brian, the one asking me about my sales history, kept telling me i had really good answers. They said they would call me in 3-5 days, and i got a call back the next day saying they were willing to extend an offer!!
Good luck to everyone on your job hunting!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (44) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

YAY TIFFANI!

I got a call today too from the HR dept at Wells and I got the job too!! I start training on Monday!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

congrads to you too! :) We're so awesome, let me know how training goes! Where is yours at?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

in oakland...and yours?

:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

hey me too! my location is hayward!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

haha awesome, too bad i wont be starting training soon, or else i would see you there! I still have to give my two weeks notice with my other job, or change my availability or something.
So congrads and good luck, let me know how it is

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Sacramento, California

86 months ago

I just applied as a teller. I applied before and i had a phone interview. I didn't do well because I just answer straight forward whatever they asked me. How do i sell my self to wells fargo??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Susan in Peachland, British Columbia

85 months ago

I had a 2nd interivew two days ago and they said they would call me back by the end of the week. its friday at 10:50 am.. and still no call. I am getting anxious. is this a bad sign that they havent called back yet?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Tiff in San Ramon, California

85 months ago

Just give them a bit of time. The hr manager around here is pretty difficult to get in contact with

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

MBAgirl in Independence, Missouri

85 months ago

WFA is a good place to work as long as you don't work in collections. They're collections department is HORRIBLE. Great pay, great benefits, plenty of PTO. I had PTO time a month after I started there :), and benefits start a month after employment. No room for advancement unless you want to be in banking, collections or mortgage.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Deborah

85 months ago

Please could someone be specific on questions for 1st time interview for personal banker 1 at Wells Fargo?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (52) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

suraiya islam in Granada Hills, California

85 months ago

i have group interview on september14,2007 at santa barbara. i am very nervous. this is my first interview at bank with group interview. i need to know that what kind of questions they ask in the interview.

waiting for reply please.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

Deborah I can't help you when it comes to personal banker questions because i applied for teller. (i had my first day in my branch yesterday)
The sort of questions they ask you are how you meet goals, your accomplishments, and your customer service skills, it wasn't too stressful
Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Deborah

85 months ago

Thanks for writing. Do the tellers help the Personal banker 1 with passing on customers to do online anking signups and other banking needs? Hope you had a good first day. what branch are you at?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

Deborah, I think tellers can set up online banking, im not sure, but we do have a quarterly goal of 80 referrals we must get. Im at the clayton valley store in concord. Have you had your interview yet?
And kimberly, it might help if you read the posts before you to look for answers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Chris in Sacramento, California

85 months ago

I just had a group interview today as a personal banker. I thought I did well I was one of the people who answered first willingly, but there were people who were alot more experienced than I was. How long does this process usually take? they said they will eitherend an email saing that I didn't get the job or I will have a 30 minute interview with a recruiter and if she feels that I am good for the job, then I will have an interview with the store manager, and if that goes well than I will have an interview with the district manager. I really hopethat I get this job. Can someone give me some feed back and advice please?? One advise to give is to answer first in a group interview. Answer as much as you can and make it sound good. everyone else in the interview will feed off your answer. They ask you questions like how competitve are you from a scale of 1-5 and why? What motivates you? How many customers do you think it takes to sell 7 products or accounts, and the right answer is 1. Always strive for the best and work as hard as you can with the customer. Build a relation with them. Why do you like to work in retail? If we call your current or previous supervisor, what would they say about you? Those are the ones that pop up on the top of my head, but that's about 70 percent of the group interview already. Will some one please give me feed back on what I should expect in my next interviews if I do get them. I really hope I do get this job. What do you guys think?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (91) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

I'm really worried because this is a job that I really want. Do you guys think I will and how long would it take for them to get back at me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Deborah

85 months ago

I had my group interview last week. The HR person said it would be one of about 3 interviews. We just went around the room (there was about 10 people) answering questions about a customer service insident and how we handled it. We also were asked our greatest accomplishment. We then did a group of how to promote "equity lines" in the bank and presentations. They look at all your paperwork to make sure that it is complete.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

are you a personal banker at wells fargo?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Deborah

85 months ago

No I am applying for a personal banker position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Paticia Keyes in Hampton, Georgia

81 months ago

I'd like tips for an upcoming teller phone interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Betty Boop Fan in Sacramento, California

81 months ago

Hey, guys i had my group interview with Wells Fargo on Dec 28th and was called back for my 2nd interview today. I was told i would here something back before Friday January 11th. I went home very nervous today but was called back after 6 hours and was offered the teller position. Today is my birthday-so you know i am very happy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Betty Boop Fan in Sacramento, California

81 months ago

The advice i have to give everyone that is job hunting is too, stay positive,be sure of yourself and study what you are going to say with someone who is willing to help you. I learned a good lesson job hunting. The lesson is be confident, and when they asked you a question-look them right in thier eyes and sell your self,talk about you growing in your career with their company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

shrez in San Jose, California

81 months ago

anna001 in San Francisco, California said: Could anyone tell me what questions they ask for teller phone interview, please? I really need your help.

hey anna .. it is just a screening interview and very easy to get through .. they ask about your previous job , how far you are good with computer, when did u provide a greatest customer service.. all the best with your interview .have fun

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Michelle in La Mesa, California

80 months ago

I'm going to have my first interview with Wells Fargo next week.
The position I'm applying for is Credit Manager.

Anyone know anything about this position in Wells Fargo?
or some tips for the interview?
what kind of question do they usually ask??

Thank you!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Hi Everyone in Orange County, California

76 months ago

Preity:

What position are you applying for? Im going in for my group interview in 2 weeks in Irvine. For a teller. I have another interview the following week for Personal Banker. Just getting myself Prepared :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Employed because of my own efforts! in Oakland, California

76 months ago

Preity in Chino Hills, California said: Hi,

I interviewed for a personal banker position at Irvine. hey wish u Goodluck!! Keep me posted..

Preity

I just got hired at Wells as a Banker. If you want to get hired focus on your selling and customer service abilities. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Meez in San Francisco, California

75 months ago

Hi everyone,

Here is a summary of my quest to get a job with Wells Fargo as a Teller so far:

6/16- I submitted an online application at WellsFargo.com.

6/17- I got a phone call from them for a phone interview. Simple questions, I did very well.

6/18 and 6/19 - I called them frequently and asked if there were any appointments/group interview slots available. They had nothing available but I kept on being persistent.

6/20- I called them again and this time, they scheduled me for a group interview for the coming Tuesday.

6/24- I went in for the group interview. 8 people, mostly young and inexperienced (but then again so was I). Paperwork, then introductions, then "skit" (selling a checking/savings account), then biggest accomplishment in life so far, then bounce...it took roughly 2 hours. We were told we would be getting a phone call if they were interested.

As of 6/28, no call yet. I'm pretty worried since I've invested so much time and energy in this whole journey, but then again, it's only been 4 days...I will keep you all updated!

If there is a lesson learned from my process so far, it's to be very very persistent and not to wait for them to call you. In a matter of 8 days, I was able to submit an application, get a phone interview, and go in for a group interview. If all goes well, I could start training sometime next week!

Hopefully, they will contact me soon. Wish me luck everyone!

Peace!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

onthehunt in Los Angeles, California

75 months ago

Hey all! I interviewed for the Personal Banker position back in April..was told if they liked me i would recieve a call later that week. I never did so I moved on, then last week I got a second round interview request. I have a final interview in downtown LA on July 8th. I have to make a presentation and present 3 products as if I were selling them to a new customer. I am meeting w a friend of mine whom is an phone banker for Wells tomorrow. I will post any tips he gives me. good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

crystalface in San Francisco, California

75 months ago

I just got back from the second interview.
I expected them to ask me to sell a product, but they did ask me what attracted me to a sales position, and was was unattarctive, and as for the unattractive, how would i deal with and work at it. They also asked me what I could bring to their team and what motivates me...I felt pretty confident in my responses... I did blank out at one point but they were nice about it.

After all was said and done, they asked if I had any questions, so I asked what is the next step as far as the hiring process is concerned. They said they would call me tomorrow!! (I'm assuming that is a good good goooood thing.)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Reyy in Palos Verdes Peninsula, California

74 months ago

hey guys i applied for the teller position about a month ago
it was weird they first sent me an email saying i didnt get it but then later on i got a call for a group interview.
so i went in for the group interview, and it happened to be a huge one. of about 20-22 people.
they didnt ask us any questions really, just about our schedule, a second language, and how many hours we'd like. all we had to do was fill out an application pretty much.
about 3 business days later i got a phone call asking to come into a interview with 3 service manager.
they were sooo nice and made you feel very comfortable.
asked you questions about customer service like "have you ever been in a situation where...." bunch of those! i got a call less than 24 hours later saying i got the teller position! everyone was sooo nice and it was a lot easier than i expected. i went into it very nervous and doubtful. but they really make you feel right at home :]

GOOD LUCK!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

Thanks Patrick!

Revvy, I also applied at Bank of America and they sent me a rejection email! So I was suprised that I actually heard back from Wells Fargo being as they are more conservative, and seemingly more strict with their requirements. Congrats on your new job! :)

I've been unemployed for six months so all of this is making me quite nervous! lol.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

Wow! They called! They are forwarding my information to one of the downtown branches where one of the service managers will be in touch. (I primarily wanted to work downtown bc with public transportation, downtwon is a straight shot, where as the branch I interviewed with, I'd have to take the light rail, subway and a bus to get there.) I believe I will have to interview with them, but at this point it will be a piece of cake. :D

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tinster in Los Angeles, California

74 months ago

heyyy everyone,

so i've been following up on this forum and i think i've learned quite a bit about wells fargo. i went in for my group interview this last friday - they said they'd give us a call by wednesday.. soo i'm just in the waiting process.

i wondered if it was normal that they didn't give any of us a contact number? if worse comes to worse, i'd want to call to follow-up but no number to contact.

any suggestions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.