Personal Banker 2 @ Wells Fargo Bank

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 63)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

KyKy1011 in Nor Cal, California

77 months ago

I'm looking for info on the PB position w/Wells Fargo, any info on goals, salary, incentive pay, likes/dislikes on the company. I am currently at another bank (working in lending) & been offered this position with Wells. Appriciate any input. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (522) / No (81) Reply - Report abuse

valleydodge in south sac, California

77 months ago

I live in the nor cal area as well and i just scheduled a interview to a phone banker 2. I went to their website and found that they give you a list of the benefits for the position, however, as far as incentives go i am still in the dark. I would love if you could tell me more about how the interview process was for you because I don't really know what to expect.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (70) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

KyKy1011 in Nor Cal, California

77 months ago

I completed a phone screening (kinda like a ph. interview), then went for a face to face with the branch manager & then HR. The benefits seem pretty good, as far as incentives - I was given a range, and it's basically production based...harder you work the more you make. The interview with the branch mgr was pretty detailed, asked alot about customer service & experience w/sales. Wish you lots of luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

dwan_09@yahoo.com in Rocklin, California

74 months ago

KyKy1011 in Nor Cal, California said: I completed a phone screening (kinda like a ph. interview), then went for a face to face with the branch manager & then HR. The benefits seem pretty good, as far as incentives - I was given a range, and it's basically production based...harder you work the more you make. The interview with the branch mgr was pretty detailed, asked alot about customer service & experience w/sales. Wish you lots of luck!

Did you get the job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

KyKy1011 in Nor Cal, California said: I'm looking for info on the PB position w/Wells Fargo, any info on goals, salary, incentive pay, likes/dislikes on the company. I am currently at another bank (working in lending) & been offered this position with Wells. Appriciate any input. Thanks!

did you start working?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

CGS in NORTH CA, California said: can you give me some exp. of the questions they asked you at the interview?

Why do you want to work here? What motivates you? How do you handle stress? Tell me about a difficult time you had with a coworker? How would people describe you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (63) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

CGS in NORTH CA, California

74 months ago

thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Erwin Liang in Alhambra, California

74 months ago

Hi everyone,

I recently applied for WF's PB Trainee program. I'm set for an interview in 2 weeks, but then I received this letter a couple of days ago.

Dear Erwin,

Thank you for your interest in the Personal Banker Trainee position
(Requisition # 3205401 ) with Wells Fargo. We appreciate the time you've
taken to share your background and experience with us.

After careful consideration, we have selected a candidate whose
qualifications more closely match the requirements of this position.

We encourage you to explore other opportunities with Wells Fargo by
visiting our careers site at www.wellsfargo.com/careers. The
online profile you created has been stored. We welcome you back anytime to
search for jobs of interest to you. If you elected to have your profile
status "Searchable", we may contact you if your background fits our
ever-changing needs. So, please keep your information current.

We appreciate your interest in Wells Fargo and wish you success with
your career pursuits.

Sincerely,
Wells Fargo Recruitment

Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
M/F/D/V

Does anyone know what this is all about??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (79) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

ekim in Elk Grove, California

74 months ago

I passed my phone interview yesterday morning. I'm set for a face to face interview with a manager or so on June 9, 2008. Do you guys know any of the questions that will be asked? I'm pretty nervous.. this is my first real interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (74) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

gregthestud in Atlanta, Georgia

67 months ago

I just got hired as a Personal Banker. Im worried that I won't make my daily goals. Any tips? What will be the ramifications be? I really want to work for this company, but I don't want to stay there and in the end just get caned.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (139) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

sicktomystomach in Albuquerque, New Mexico

67 months ago

gregthestud in Atlanta, Georgia said: I just got hired as a Personal Banker. Im worried that I won't make my daily goals. Any tips? What will be the ramifications be? I really want to work for this company, but I don't want to stay there and in the end just get caned.

email me jpollorena@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

unixphone in SF, California

66 months ago

Hi guys
I graduated from my university(with economics degree) last month and I plan to be a licensed personal banker.
I am interested in the personal banker trainee program in Wells Fargo. I fear I am not qualify for that position yet.

Can someone tell me what does "successfully pass the Security Industry Assessment" means?

My goal is achieve series 7 and series 66, but it seems like I need someone sponsor me or something.
I applied Wells Fargo teller position, but I doubt they will sponsor me for getting series 7 and 66.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Heman80 in San Francisco, California

65 months ago

unixphone in SF, California said: Hi guys
I graduated from my university(with economics degree) last month and I plan to be a licensed personal banker.
I am interested in the personal banker trainee program in Wells Fargo. I fear I am not qualify for that position yet.

Can someone tell me what does "successfully pass the Security Industry Assessment" means?

My goal is achieve series 7 and series 66, but it seems like I need someone sponsor me or something.
I applied Wells Fargo teller position, but I doubt they will sponsor me for getting series 7 and 66.

Yah they wont sponsor you. you will have to apply for a sales job (as in personal banker/premier banker/assistant manager) to get you licenses. I was an Assistant Manager w/WF, and even then my district manager had to convince PCS to get me licensed. THey prefer PB1's or PB2's for their licensed banking program

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

TrueFriend in Las Vegas, Nevada

58 months ago

ANONYMOUS a in Henderson, Nevada said: Hi i was there too. Was nervous about the role play, I think it would have been better if the managers spoke to us too. They didn't even smile a lot, they look dead serious. Do you think you will get the second interview??

Hi friend!! I was kinda wary of the sale drama too, I am crossing my finger and see if they call today!!! The one lady in the center she did not smile at all.. And I don't know what happened to the Hula Hoop girl while introducing herself.. Keep in touch!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

michaelrrr1 in las vegas, Nevada

58 months ago

Thanks, I have rescheduled but must say I have no professional faith in Wells Fargo, especially with these low paying high expecatation positions. Most of them are a waste of time career wise unless you're 22 years old. I'm over 40, and for me it's only a short term position untill I sell some property and go back into small business.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

ANONYMOUS a in Henderson, Nevada said: Hi i was there too. Was nervous about the role play, I think it would have been better if the managers spoke to us too. They didn't even smile a lot, they look dead serious. Do you think you will get the second interview??

I got the 2nd interview this week. Keep in touch!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

TrueFriend in Las Vegas, Nevada said: I got the 2nd interview this week. Keep in touch!!!

Hello People!! I also got an interview with Bank Of America for Personal Banker. The interview took place on the phone. The lady was very nice, very soft spoken and asked me what do I know about the job responsibilities as a Personal Banker. I told her my answer and then she continued from where I stopped, telling me more stuff about the job duties. She was very very friendly, and she signed me up for the 2nd interview with the branch manager. Keeping my fingers crossed and be in touch.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ANONYMOUS a in Henderson, Nevada

57 months ago

TrueFriend in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Hi friend!! I was kinda wary of the sale drama too, I am crossing my finger and see if they call today!!! The one lady in the center she did not smile at all.. And I don't know what happened to the Hula Hoop girl while introducing herself.. Keep in touch!!!

Hey! I got my 2nd interview today with wells fargo teller. The Hula Hoop girl grazed her knee on the table and it started to bleed! I see you have an interview with Bank of America for PB job, well done! By the way where were you siting at wells fargo group interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

TrueFriend in Las Vegas, Nevada said: I got the 2nd interview this week. Keep in touch!!!

Hey, I went for my 2nd interview today, ii don't know if it went well, will find out next week. She told me that she has interviewed 5 poeple already! What chances do we have? How was your interview and when is your interview for bank of america?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

My 2nd Interview is tomorrow and BOA interview is on Tuesday. Which branch did you for interview, was it a stand alone bank or a bank in a store? And can you please tell me what questions did they ask you? thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

Hey!!! I got the teller job at wells fargo! Should start in about 2 weeks, they just doing background checks! I done it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

Congrats bro!!! I am still waiting to hear from them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

TrueFriend in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Congrats bro!!! I am still waiting to hear from them.

hope you hear from them soon! How did your Bank of Americia interview go? Was it harder than Wells? Keep in touch my friend!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

ANONYMOUS a in Henderson, Nevada said: hope you hear from them soon! How did your Bank of Americia interview go? Was it harder than Wells? Keep in touch my friend!

Bank of America interview went well. It was kinda the same questions. I will keep you updated.. I also received an interview with Cox today as a Sales Analyst.. And have 2nd interview with them on Tuesday..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

Good luck at both jobs! Was it your second interview with BOA? I hear that they are easier than wells interview( Not having a group interview and going straight to branch manager for interview.)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

ANONYMOUS a in Henderson, Nevada said: Good luck at both jobs! Was it your second interview with BOA? I hear that they are easier than wells interview( Not having a group interview and going straight to branch manager for interview.)

I have my thrid PB interview with Wells Fargo tomorrow.. If I get the job and when we all start working, lets get together for a lunch and celebrate.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

TrueFriend in Las Vegas, Nevada said: I have my thrid PB interview with Wells Fargo tomorrow.. If I get the job and when we all start working, lets get together for a lunch and celebrate.....

Ohh i didn' t know you also applied for wells fargo PB, all the best! I thought it was Bank of America. Anyways well done!

sph in Northridge, California

57 months ago

TrueFriend in Las Vegas, Nevada said: I have my thrid PB interview with Wells Fargo tomorrow.. If I get the job and when we all start working, lets get together for a lunch and celebrate.....

How was your third one? what kind of questions did they ask? I am going to have the one on one thursday, any tips?

57 months ago

Hey! What happened with your interviews? Any luck?

57 months ago

Hello Friends!!! I got the job offer today as PB with Wells Fargo...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

tennisrules53 in Woodstock, Georgia

52 months ago

some interview questions for most positions:
name a time when you had to deal with an angry customer and what was the outcome?
name a time when you worked as a team to reach a goal?
name a time when you had to sell a customer a product?
How do you set and achieve individual goals?

Group interview questions:
what is your biggest accomplishment?
where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Name a time when you've given excellent customer service?

Salary for teller: $12/hr... that is the ceiling... your lucky to get this rate... and you also get monthly bonuses for sales... if you're real good the bonus should be around $300. there are a ton of contests for giftcards and lunches/breakfasts....

Salary for Personal banker 1: 35K plus incentives... the average pb1 makes around $1000/month... there is a lot pressure but if you're motivated it shouldn't be too hard to hit your numbers...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jeffaroo in San Diego, California

51 months ago

Has anyone gone through the WF personal banker interview process recently?

I had my group interview last week which went pretty well, and so I'm hoping to get a call back for a second interview sometime this week. What was the second interview like and what kind of questions can I expect? Any kind of help would be much appreciated!

whoknows in Davenport, Iowa

51 months ago

Jeffaroo in San Diego, California said: Has anyone gone through the WF personal banker interview process recently?

I had my group interview last week which went pretty well, and so I'm hoping to get a call back for a second interview sometime this week. What was the second interview like and what kind of questions can I expect? Any kind of help would be much appreciated!

Hmmm well I never had a group interview and by group I mean with other candidates. However, i did have to managers interview me at the same time in a confrence room as this was my third interview all together. My first interview was a short phone interview and my second was a phone interivew as well which was about 30mins.
Now to answer your question about what to expect? This is just a rough draft from what I remember but its pretty standard as I was asked the same questions during all three interviews. On the last interivew they just asked more questions and it lasted over an hour.

1- Tell me about your most recent position
2- What were your tasks/duties?
3- Was any sales involved?
4- What did you sell and how did you get the customers in?
5- Did you do any cold calling?
6- Give me an example at your most recent job where you had to deal with an irate customer and how you handled it and what was the outcome?
7- Tell me about a moment where you had a very distinguished sale accomplishment that stands out. How did you get that sale? Walk me through the steps from begining to end.
8- Tell me about a moment where you were rejected and how you took the rejection.
9- How do you feel about rejection?
10- What do you do when you get rejected?
11- How do you get organized to get a sale? what do you do on a daily basis to ensure customer satisfaction?
12- Tell me about a moment where you made a difference in a customers day?

Hope this helps- just keep emphasizing customer satisfacion and sales Good luck man!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jeffaroo in San Diego, California

51 months ago

Wow thank you! That is definitely helpful and I really appreciate your reply. Yeah I had my phone interview, then a group interview, so if I do get a call back, it would be my third. I hope you got the job!

whoknows in Davenport, Iowa

51 months ago

Jeffaroo in San Diego, California said: Wow thank you! That is definitely helpful and I really appreciate your reply. Yeah I had my phone interview, then a group interview, so if I do get a call back, it would be my third. I hope you got the job!

Yeah if you get your in person interview dress to impress and I really mean that, dont go in there dressed like Captain Crunch. This is a personal banker position you need to bring your "A" game to the table. Yes, I got the job and I feel great about it! Just remember if you get offered the position you will have to undergo a background check which can last up to two weeks to get a response. Once you clear the background check thats when you really have the job. Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gallup in miami, Florida

49 months ago

WFC prospect in San Francisco, California said: I was wondering how mobility is within the company. I think that Wells Fargo is one of the superior companies and brands in America. If you start on the retail side as a Personal Banker are there opportunities to move to other segments? Do you limit yourself by being in a retail branch? Or is this the best way to get your foot in the door at Wells Fargo?

Next to impossible!

Donny in Washington, District of Columbia

47 months ago

I passed the online PB1 assessment and never got a call from Wells, how long does it take for Wells to call you? I meet the requirements and passed the assessment...So was it something I did?

How is the PB2 job going?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

kathrynou@gmail.com in Irving, Texas

46 months ago

gregthestud in Atlanta, Georgia said: I just got hired as a Personal Banker. Im worried that I won't make my daily goals. Any tips? What will be the ramifications be? I really want to work for this company, but I don't want to stay there and in the end just get caned.

I have an interview for Personal Banker on Wed. Really worried because I do not have any experience as a banker. I have experience as a classroom teacher. Did you have experience in banking? Can you tell me what you said to help get the job? I really want, need this job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

as in Tampa, Florida

46 months ago

Good luck tomorrow....I just went through a group interview yesterday and it wasn't that bad. Only 3-4 questions:
why wells fargo?
your last 2 jobs and what skills and strengths you used
a significant accomplishment and how you acheived it, obstacles involved, and what you learned
how you went above and beyond to offer great service
where you see yourself in 5 years
good luck!

kathrynou@gmail.com in Irving, Texas

46 months ago

Thanks for getting back with me. Did you have to see something?

John Kite in Dallas, Texas

46 months ago

In Colorado, the Personal Banker position at Wells Fargo is heavily focused on selling a metric called "solutions" balanced by handling a myriad of customer service issues. You will be required to meet the daily solution selling goals for you individually and for the branch. You will be judged by management in some districts for your individual selling and not your customer service (this is evident that your incentive program plans for branch overall customer service ratings not individual).

In some markets, understand that the incentive plan is not an incentive plan, it's a requirement plan. At some branches, failure to meet your daily solution selling is met with threats of your job, displeasing comments, and harassment by management.

As you begin or end a quarter, you can expect the Store Manager, District Manager (DM), and/or Community President to demand you to meet the selling solutions. It's obvious their bonuses are tied to solution selling not profitability or loans generated.

The metrics used for Personal Bankers include: Average Daily Solutions Sold, Average Daily Profit, Partner Referrals, DDA Packages Sold, and Loans Closed.
There are similar selling metrics for the Customer Service Reps, Tellers and Assistant Managers. In many branches, your success in getting solutions is your ability to get a desk close to the front door, delegating customer service issues to your fellow bankers, bilingual, tenure of tellers, and creating alliances with tellers.

Here are some considerations for the Personal Banking position at Wells Fargo. Are you comfortable in selling and making cold calls? Do you think you can balance the pressure of selling while trying to maintain the pressures of resolving customer services issues on a daily basis (remember you get no credit for customer service and have limited authority)? Are you comfortable in selling in an environment that could pressure you to balance your ethics with meeting goals?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Mark in LA in Chesapeake, Virginia

45 months ago

John:

I've recently been offered a job at Wells Fargo as a PB2. I am already licensed to sell securities and have seven years of experience in financial services sales in various roles with well known companies. I am also currently employed by a small company with a great, low pressure culture.

After reading some of the comments on this board, I am pretty nervous about the idea of working for WF. Could you give me a rundown of the daily expectations of a PB2, and what you mean by "balancing my ethics to meet goals?"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

swarlos in Palatine, Illinois

45 months ago

whoknows in Davenport, Iowa said: Hmmm well I never had a group interview and by group I mean with other candidates. However, i did have to managers interview me at the same time in a confrence room as this was my third interview all together. My first interview was a short phone interview and my second was a phone interivew as well which was about 30mins.
Now to answer your question about what to expect? This is just a rough draft from what I remember but its pretty standard as I was asked the same questions during all three interviews. On the last interivew they just asked more questions and it lasted over an hour.

Ok so I am also interviewing for a personal banker position in davenport. I applied online, took their screening test, and then was told to call there 1-800 number. I did that and talked to someone asking those same questions you were asked and then was scheduled another phone interview.

so I'm wondering, all the WF locations I've read about have a phone interview, group/panel interview, then 1-1...but davenport. so will I have one more phone interview, than 1-1? Or another phone interview, group/panel, then 1-1. just kinda confused on what to expect.

whoknows if you could help me out with this it would be much appreciated. thank you in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

whoknows in Davenport, Iowa said: Hmmm well I never had a group interview and by group I mean with other candidates. However, i did have to managers interview me at the same time in a confrence room as this was my third interview all together. My first interview was a short phone interview and my second was a phone interivew as well which was about 30mins.

apparently I don't know how to use this....I'll try again

Ok so I am also interviewing for a personal banker position in davenport. I applied online, took their screening test, and then was told to call there 1-800 number. I did that and talked to someone asking those same questions you were asked and then was scheduled another phone interview.

so I'm wondering, all the WF locations I've read about have a phone interview, group/panel interview, then 1-1...but davenport. so will I have one more phone interview, than 1-1? Or another phone interview, group/panel, then 1-1. just kinda confused on what to expect.

whoknows if you could help me out with this it would be much appreciated. thank you in advance.

Douglas Gillette in Davis, California

45 months ago

My question is a little different but also regarding the teller and PB positions. I noticed both times I applied under the My Applications section of Wellsfargo's find a job site, that my status went from "applied" to "declined" literally hours after they called to schedule me for an interview. I noticed this before my teller interview and did not get the job. I go in tomorrow for my PB interview and was just wondering if it is even worth my time? I called the 888 number to find out why my status went from "applied" to "declined" and they couldn't figure it out.

Douglas Gillette in Davis, California

45 months ago

So I went to the interview and asked about the declined status. From what the interviewer said the status only refers to the location that you applied to. So if you applied to a Santa Ana branch and they filled the position before your interview the status would read as "declined". If anybody else has more information that would be great to hear.

45 months ago

so I'm just returning to say that I had my phone interview and even though I have years of experience in varying degrees of sales I was still told by the woman on the phone that I did not have "enough sales experience" to do the job successfully.and this was at the end of the hour long interview and she said she was going to instead refer me for a teller position. wow, thank you for wasting my time and go F@&% yourself too.

anyway, since my last post my apparent "lack of sales experience" got me a few interviews within the next few days and I was offered in all positions. I am now an assistant manager of a MAJOR retail store chain, personally in charge of over 150 employees, and I make over $55,000/yr plus a few grand in bonus incentives. all I can say is....BIG mistake wells fargo...BIG. HUGE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Gimmeadonut in Millbrae, California

43 months ago

What chain are you an assistant manager at? I'm an assistant at a major chain but dont make anything close to 55k a year

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kate in Bristow, Virginia

42 months ago

swarlos in Palatine, Illinois said: so I'm just returning to say that I had my phone interview and even though I have years of experience in varying degrees of sales I was still told by the woman on the phone that I did not have "enough sales experience" to do the job successfully.and this was at the end of the hour long interview and she said she was going to instead refer me for a teller position. wow, thank you for wasting my time and go F@&% yourself too.

anyway, since my last post my apparent "lack of sales experience" got me a few interviews within the next few days and I was offered in all positions. I am now an assistant manager of a MAJOR retail store chain, personally in charge of over 150 employees, and I make over $55,000/yr plus a few grand in bonus incentives. all I can say is....BIG mistake wells fargo...BIG. HUGE.

I understand how you feel. I have over 15 years of sales experience. I passed the online test, and that is as far as I got. I don't understand it. I read post on here of new grads getting hired. Not to mention the people who can not spell!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SB in Mount Holly, New Jersey

42 months ago

I am on the same boat. I have 20 years banking experience. Start as Teller,moved up to Customer Service, then Private Banking Teller/CSR, then to Personal Banker/Business Banker, then Assistant branch Manager, then 5 years worked as a Branch Manager.

Completed WF: Store Manager position interviews.
1st phone interview with HR.
2nd 1 on 1 with 2 Managers.
3rd 1 0n 1 with 2 Managers.
4th 1 on 1 with 1 Manager.
5th 1 on 1 with 2 Managers.
Still no response from the HR about hiring or not.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.