Personal Banker safe questions (Salary, bonus and sales)

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Spikeymikey in Morrisville, Pennsylvania

22 months ago

I am currently an FSR at TD Bank. I have my life & Health license. They started me at $17 an hour plus bonuses.

I recently got a phone call from Wells Fargo about a personal banker position. The WF website says that a personal banker safe 1 midpoint is about $37,400.00 or about $18.00
What are WF bonuses like? Do they pay you more if you're licensed?

How sales oriented is WF? I worked at Sovereign which was super pushy sales oriented I worked at Beneficial Bank which didn't care about sales at all and TD Bank seems to be somewhere in the middle of that.

Does WF license their bankers for series 7 or just life and health?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

VA2k13 in Fredericksburg, Virginia

15 months ago

I know this is 7 mos old but you should check out "glass door (dot) com" and look at the salary ranges listed on there. You can also sort the results to see what the range is for your particular area if they are listed on there. One thing to be aware of is that the ranges may not be 100% accurate but it might give you a very general idea of what you can get pay wise. I know for a fact that WF is very sales driven. I also don't know if they will sponsor you for the series 7, you will probably have to get the 6 and 63 first and then get the 7 after that depending on what role you could move into. Most places that give you a 7 will expect you to in an financial advisor role where you place trades unless you can get over to the Private Banking side. I hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.