Wells Fargo Background Check

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 474)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

dwan_09@yahoo.com in Rocklin, California

76 months ago

I don't think they do. In fact, I know they must not have done a credit check as my credit is bad. I got offered the job. What position were you applying for?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (56) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

I applied for the phone banker job. I have experience in the call center but I've never worked in a financial institution before. I think interviewing well is #1. I went online and got all kinds of interview questions and rehearsed before I went. I had 2 phone interviews and one interview in person.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

aznebraskan in Mesa, Arizona

73 months ago

dwan_09@yahoo.com in Rocklin, California said: I don't think they do. In fact, I know they must not have done a credit check as my credit is bad. I got offered the job. What position were you applying for?

I am applying for Credit Manager- my credit is bad too..

Ok...so I've been reading the comments listed on this website and none have been reassuring.... I've recently applied for a collector position at wells fargo financial ....seriously...does anyone know for sure if they run a credit report...mine is seriosly not good.... I just need to know...this is driving me crazy...I received the letter stating I got the position...but they said it was pending on the background check... please help me with this one....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

I really don't think they do cuz my credit sucks and they hired me. In fact someone told me they didn't even tho they had us fill out all this paperwork about credit. Before I got the job, I asked a teller if they did a credit check and she said NO.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

I really don't think they do cuz my credit sucks and they hired me. In fact someone told me they didn't even tho they had us fill out all this paperwork about credit. Before I got the job, I asked a teller if they did a credit check and she said NO.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

jorgerrod in West Des Moines, Iowa

72 months ago

Well they offered my the job, I resign to my actual job, and just in case I put it in hold until they clear that background check, I file bankruptcy like a month ago, so If they check credit I am done, but whye the offer me the job without before checking this information???? Someon knows?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

nwad in Rocklin, California

72 months ago

I never understood what your credit rating has to do with working for Wells Fargo - your working for them not applying for a loan

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

sicktomystomach in Albuquerque, New Mexico

71 months ago

Charles Flynn in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Listen,
The only thing that is serious enough to stop you from getting hired with WF is fiduciary fraud (writing a bad check). I am not talking about bounding a check, but getting prosecuting and convicted of a bad check. This is law that WF has to follow. It has to do with the FDIC and such. We have hired guys (and I am sure gals) with multiple DUI's, BKS, and bad credit. So, if the hiring manager like you, and submits you information ( by the way we just get a phone number to HR that we dial that computer voice that says yes or no) there is a buffer from even your hiring manager about your personal information. I think that is a great system. You don't have to hang your head down low for a few misdeamers. On the interview, talk about your data base, if you do not have a data base, talk about ACT and how you plan to effectively use it. Act is a follow up sales system (for those that do not know) Talk about your willingness to train and learn thier system. A great line is to say that "I am not here to reinvent the wheel". Wells wants Wells people. You will understand this after your first week of traing. Good luck.

This post has made me feel better thanks I hope I get the call today with a start date thanks again

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Reese 510 in Hayward, California

71 months ago

BeatKnox in Los Angeles, California said: In response to your questions...Wells Fargo does things backwards...they will offer you the job before they do a background check...they don't check credit at all...but they do a very detailed background check...they offered me the job...then later called me with details about a case i had over 5 years ago that was expunged....so long story short i didn't get the job...so as long as your background is good...you'll be fine...there is no also no drug testing...

I have a DUI and I'm schedualed for a group interview for Wells Fargo tomorrow do you think that would stop me from getting a job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

Charles Flynn in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Listen,
The only thing that is serious enough to stop you from getting hired with WF is fiduciary fraud (writing a bad check). I am not talking about bounding a check, but getting prosecuting and convicted of a bad check. This is law that WF has to follow. It has to do with the FDIC and such. We have hired guys (and I am sure gals) with multiple DUI's, BKS, and bad credit. So, if the hiring manager like you, and submits you information ( by the way we just get a phone number to HR that we dial that computer voice that says yes or no) there is a buffer from even your hiring manager about your personal information. I think that is a great system. You don't have to hang your head down low for a few misdeamers. On the interview, talk about your data base, if you do not have a data base, talk about ACT and how you plan to effectively use it. Act is a follow up sales system (for those that do not know) Talk about your willingness to train and learn thier system. A great line is to say that "I am not here to reinvent the wheel". Wells wants Wells people. You will understand this after your first week of traing. Good luck.

I have a group interview scheduled for tomorrow and I was wondering if a misdemeanor DUI convicition, and a domestic arrest with no conviction would prevent me from getting hired at Wells Fargo?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

Reese 510 in Hayward, California said: I have a group interview scheduled for tomorrow and I was wondering if a misdemeanor DUI convicition, and a domestic arrest with no conviction would prevent me from getting hired at Wells Fargo?

I am in the exact same position only I have been offered the postion pending I pass the backround check. I do not have a DUI but did have a domestic dismissed a few years back nolle prosequed which means the grand jury did not accept the case. I was supposed to get a call friday but did not I signed the consent for a backround check the previous friday im really stressing out hopefully I will hear from them tomorrow but I was supposed to start tomorrow so im confused. good luck i need it too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

Atleast you don't have a DUI lol let me know if you get the job. Good luck!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

Reese 510 in Hayward, California said: Atleast you don't have a DUI lol let me know if you get the job. Good luck!!

If you read this before your interview.... my boy is already working there and has been promoted a few times he said to just base everything on sales goal oriented, go out and produce customers for the company, positive mental atttitude, also mention the fact that wf is a AAA(triple A} rated bank and you are looking for a career that will utilize all your sales ablitities that should get you the job, most of all stand out there is going to be all sorts of people all dressed proper with degrees but like my buddy said they are not sales people and thats what wells fargo is looking for keep me posted.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

WF applicant in Mission Viejo, California

67 months ago

Reese 510 in Hayward, California said: I have a DUI and I'm schedualed for a group interview for Wells Fargo tomorrow do you think that would stop me from getting a job?

So did you get the job? I have a DUI also (3 years ago) and I'm nervous about the background check.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

redmits in Portland, Oregon

63 months ago

WF applicant in Mission Viejo, California said: So did you get the job? I have a DUI also (3 years ago) and I'm nervous about the background check.

Did you get the job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

redmits in Portland, Oregon

63 months ago

Reese 510 in Hayward, California said: I have a group interview scheduled for tomorrow and I was wondering if a misdemeanor DUI convicition, and a domestic arrest with no conviction would prevent me from getting hired at Wells Fargo?

Did you get the job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Hire_mE in over the rainbow

61 months ago

I currently work for Wachovia which is in the process of changing over to Wells. I had a vehicle repo'ed by Wells 2 yrs ago. Is it possible I could be fired once they take over? Or can they possibly garnish my wages?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Shake and Bake in San Francisco Bay Area, California

61 months ago

BackGround Check: Yeaaa, I passed three interviews I attended, two panel interviews and the 3rd with a branch manager for a position at her store. The first was with the against seven others and us seven against other interviews that were conducted. A month later I was called again by a branch manager stating they were referred to me by their HR head. I was excited and asked if I could know if I got the position or not asap. They called me the day after and said that I received the job pending a BackGround Check. The only thing I would worry about on my background check is that I down played my previous job positions in order to not be over qualified. My VOE, credit, and criminal records are cleaner than Mr. Clean. I was just wondering if they will be able to review how much money I made and at what companies. I didn't include that I work ed at a very large financial institution for 7 months either, I hope it doesn't ding me. However, I wrote on my cover letter "For your convenience, I have condensed my resume to include only the most relevant career positions." I hope I get the job, I will know by Wednesday. Its a really great opportunity!! My interviews lasted over a month long. I am extremely excited to get started at Wells, the #1 bank today! There are many reasons why I say this! I will let you all know what happens by Wednesday. BTW, I love this blog.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Gotta Love The Game in Sandy, Utah

61 months ago

Shake and Bake in San Francisco Bay Area, California said: BackGround Check: Yeaaa, I passed three interviews I attended, two panel interviews and the 3rd with a branch manager for a position at her store. The first was with the against seven others and us seven against other interviews that were conducted. A month later I was called again by a branch manager stating they were referred to me by their HR head. I was excited and asked if I could know if I got the position or not asap. They called me the day after and said that I received the job pending a BackGround Check. The only thing I would worry about on my background check is that I down played my previous job positions in order to not be over qualified. My VOE, credit, and criminal records are cleaner than Mr. Clean. I was just wondering if they will be able to review how much money I made and at what companies. I didn't include that I work ed at a very large financial institution for 7 months either, I hope it doesn't ding me. However, I wrote on my cover letter "For your convenience, I have condensed my resume to include only the most relevant career positions." I hope I get the job, I will know by Wednesday. Its a really great opportunity!! My interviews lasted over a month long. I am extremely excited to get started at Wells, the #1 bank today! There are many reasons why I say this! I will let you all know what happens by Wednesday. BTW, I love this blog.

I am kinda in the same boat. Just waiting, have you found anything out yet?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Shake and Bake in San Francisco Bay Area, California

61 months ago

I was told that I would be called by tomorrow (Wednesday). Otherwise, I already started another job. I couldn't afford to let another opportunity go while I wait for Wells Fargo to do their BG check. It took them over a month to get back to me for my 3rd interview which I passed. I will let you know as soon as I find out more myself. The recruiter stated that I would start by the end of the month once my background check clears.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Gotta Love The Game in Utah

61 months ago

Wow, thats what kinda happened with me. I will know by Wednesday(Today). My Process has went alot quicker then yours. I think it may depend on the area. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

summer4me in Pennsylvania

50 months ago

Imarine44 did you get the job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

would a dui and driving with suspended license bc of the dui prevent getting a personal banker position?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

lmariner44 in Lehi, Utah

50 months ago

summer4me in Pennsylvania said: Imarine44 did you get the job?

Yes!!! I'm planning to do their credit analyst training after a year. I have the experience, but unfortunately, I will have to go through one year in the call center, online division before I can move on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jeff in Long Beach, California

50 months ago

i have a friend who just accepted an offer at Wells Fargo. He had a felony conviction 14 years ago; then was on probation until 2001. I hear that WFB does a background check dating back 10 years- will any of my friend's conviction info show up? Thanks in advance for the info!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

joshua in Fort Worth, Texas

50 months ago

I have a class a misdemeanor and wells offered me a job as a personal banker. My case has already been dismissed and right now is in nondiclousure status. would I be able to get this job? They havent done my background check yet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

Yeah, it will show. I had a charge that was dismissed and the pulled the job offer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

It depends what the charge was for. Like I mentioned in my last post I had a charge that was dismissed and they pulled the job offer. My charge was Peti Theft, my debit card was declined at a gas station over a holiday. I told the cashier that I would be right back with some cash. I gave her my DL and phone number, the other girl didn't know that I already talked to her about it.

I came back 10 minutes latter with the cash, paid for the gas, got my receipt and then a cop came. I told him we got it taken care of but, he wrote me a ticket anyway after the girls at the gas station said it was taken care of.

The case was dismissed, but they still pulled the job after other banks like BofA and Chase cleared me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

They told me they don't care how many DUI's or BK's you have.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

gotta love the game - what if you were arrested for driving with a suspended license regarding a dui. Would wells fargo hire someone for a traffic violation matter? Public records may show the arrest dates but they never asked in the application. Misdemeanors or felonies only. Any thoughts?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Don Flamenco in San Jose, California

50 months ago

I just got a phone call from HR that said they were pulling the job offer due to my background check. The lady said she does not know the exact reason and they do not do a credit report check. I verified this as they did not even run a credit report on me, only an FBI finger print check.

The only thing that I have on the report is a petty theft arrest that was dismissed in 1998. It was for getting free sodas from the soda machine as a kid.

I am already a registered trader with FINRA / NASD, and I have already gone through this same exact process. The first time with FINRA, it was less than 10 years prior to the soda can incident and I had to wait until the time had lapsed 10 years before they would let me take have my series 7 after passing.

Does anyone know if there is a person in Wells Fargo that I would be able to speak with regarding this?

I find it hard to believe that a petty theft conviction over 12 years ago would prevent someone from working at Wells Fargo.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

question in Mount Prospect, Illinois

50 months ago

Don, why don't you get the conviction expunged? Call the court clerk's office in the county you were convicted in and ask them to direct you on the process. If it was that long ago and for such a small charge it should be a slam dunk. It will clear your record.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

question in Mount Prospect, Illinois said: Don, why don't you get the conviction expunged? Call the court clerk's office in the county you were convicted in and ask them to direct you on the process. If it was that long ago and for such a small charge it should be a slam dunk. It will clear your record.

It is expunged. Legally, I can say that it never happened. Since it is a finger print FBI check anything and everything you have ever been arrested for and finger printed will show. Even if the charges were dismissed and / or expunged.

On the more common background checks, the incident does not show.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Carla Austin in Saint Louis, Missouri

48 months ago

I have a question, I was also hired at Wells Fargo pending a background check. Even if I have an suspended imposition of sentence it will still show? My lawyer told me to say no conviction on my application but I am beginning to wonder if I should have mentioned it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

Yes, they will be able to see it. Unfortunately, I think I was stuck with a complete imbecile working at HR. Maybe the person that will see your file will know what a "suspended imposition of sentence" is and make sure they see it on the background check.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

Carla Austin in Saint Louis, Missouri said: I have a question, I was also hired at Wells Fargo pending a background check. Even if I have an suspended imposition of sentence it will still show? My lawyer told me to say no conviction on my application but I am beginning to wonder if I should have mentioned it.

depends what the suspended imposition for?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ReRe in Keller, Texas

48 months ago

joshua in Fort Worth, Texas said: I have a class a misdemeanor and wells offered me a job as a personal banker. My case has already been dismissed and right now is in nondiclousure status. would I be able to get this job? They havent done my background check yet.

Do they fingerprint?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

What was the charge?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ceeya in Saint Louis, Missouri

48 months ago

I have got a job offer from Wells Fargo also pending background check. I do have a suspended imposition of sentence 5 years ago for writing a bad check on my own account. Should I have marked yes on the box that asked about being a convicted felon? My attorney says no, but if they can see the charge I would feel better to disclose it myself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jamesea1 in Hagerstown, Maryland

47 months ago

was offered the job been waiting on background for two weeks now, have two mis, assualt and possesion 7 years old, was also working for another major company at the time in which i was able to stay and be on work release will wells hold this against me been self employed the last four years trying to get back into the work force

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

nichole harris in California

46 months ago

i was just called for a phoen interview wiht wells fargo phone banker position and was wondering if they did finger printing or a state wide background check??? and any interview tips will help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

nichole harris in California

46 months ago

and how long is the hiring process

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

thekrell in Texas

46 months ago

Going to final interview for phone banker. Nothing will show on my criminal b/g check...nothing's there, but as far as past employment, does anyone know if they just call your employers listed, or do they access some sort of centralized database for verification of dates, etc.?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

charlieenora in Desert Hot Springs, California

45 months ago

Hi,
I have a group interview Monday and am really worried about the whole background check thing. I seriously don't think I have anything bad enough to warrant a company pulling a job offer, however, I was baffled when I passed Fingerprinting and a Background Check to work for a school district as a Substitute teacher 3 years ago, but couldn't pass a California Casino Background Check only 3 months ago. Anyone have any insight on this, as the Casino said they were "not allowed" to disclose to me what it was they found that caused them to pull their job offer and I am very confused. I have a DUI, from 2005, that will be past the Statute of Limitations for reporting in 2012, I fell just under the 7 year rule before the law changed to 10 years, and a Misdemeanor Possession of Alcohol while under 21 from over 10 years ago in Nevada, and one traffic violation 2 years ago for speeding. Other than these 3 things my record is clean, or so I think. I honestly don't know what else there could have been that caused the Casino to pull their offer, but the School District apparently thought I was not so criminal. My credit is also Fair, not great, but not terrible either. I was able to co-buy a car in April of this year and my Credit Score at that time was about 670 and it can only have inproved since then, as I have been able to secure a couple small credit cards and have paid on time for them and the car. Any help or insight would be great. I really need this job, we are 2 months behind on rent and bills and have a 2 year old and another due in June. I searched for 4 months and couldnt even get an interview anywhere and I have a UC Berkeley degree. I have no Banking experience, but I do have experience in Management, Sales and Cash Handling. Thanks in advance for your replies. And Happy Thanksgiving!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

thekrell in Texas

45 months ago

charlieenora in Desert Hot Springs, California said: Hi,
I have a group interview Monday and am really worried about the whole background check thing...

It's my understanding that your level of BG check depends on the position you've applied for. An entry level position gets one type while a mgmt position gets another. DUI's, BK's, most misdemeanors, shouldn't have an effect. However, if you have any record of theft, it could be a problem. Run a BG check on yourself to see what you have. I don't know about policy in CA, but check with your local PD to see if you can come down and get one. I did, and it was free. When they ran my prints, they got a "hit", but ironically, it was because I was licensed by DPS and you have to print up. I wouldn't worry too much about credit scores (especially in today's economy). If your post is accurate, you shouldn't have any trouble. They just take a while. Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

charlieenora in Desert Hot Springs, California

45 months ago

Thanks. My post is accurate to the best of my knowledge, if there is anything else out there on me, I honestly have no knowledge of it. I am up for a Personal Banker position I believe. Thanks again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lucky in Naperville, Illinois

45 months ago

Ok so I was recently charged with a class 3 felony like a month ago... do you think that will show up on my background check?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

lucky in Naperville, Illinois

45 months ago

thekrell in Texas said: It's my understanding that your level of BG check depends on the position you've applied for. An entry level position gets one type while a mgmt position gets another. DUI's, BK's, most misdemeanors, shouldn't have an effect. However, if you have any record of theft, it could be a problem. Run a BG check on yourself to see what you have. I don't know about policy in CA, but check with your local PD to see if you can come down and get one. I did, and it was free. When they ran my prints, they got a "hit", but ironically, it was because I was licensed by DPS and you have to print up. I wouldn't worry too much about credit scores (especially in today's economy). If your post is accurate, you shouldn't have any trouble. They just take a while. Good Luck!

Ok so i was recently charged with a class 3 felony like a month ago... do you think that will show up on my background check? It's getting expunged but the process is so lengthy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Danny02 in California

44 months ago

Guys heeeeelp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a misdemeanor DUI in california and I was wondering if I had to disclose that in my application?!?!?! Has anyone been hired with a DUI?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

duke196342 in Raeford, North Carolina

44 months ago

Here is an update I got the job as a Personla Banker 2 job. I guess I was worried for nothing. Yeah!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.