Human Resources "policy"

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Jan Erickson in Prior Lake, Minnesota

76 months ago

I am Furious at Wells Fargo.!!!!!!!!!!
I am the Mother of a 23 year female old who has/had been employed by Wells Fargo since January..She recently had a Medical emergency and
after an overnight in the ER had to have have surgery. She unfortunately had been on a written warning for having missed
work, This illness lead up to this "warning". The cause of all the missed work.
She Had NO CHOICE!!!!!
about this surgery it was urgent that she have it and they fired her!!!
She has Plenty of documentation that this was a Non-Negotiable surgery.
And they are equating it to other absent workers with sick children or whatever. "Not able to play favoritism" excuse me?
I am sorry but the two do not compare! An Ill child could be tended to by either parent or another relative.
She could not have had some one else have the surgery for her! Or put it of for a weekend or holiday. She was told she can dispute it but she believes it would be pointless.
I am planning to ruffles some feathers over this I CAN NOT BELIEVE IT! But to Who? The State Of Minnesota Unemployment?
I doubt with such a large company it will do any good.
I have not told her I am stepping in -- and I don't care if
I should be MYOB it is so unfair it is outrageous.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

foto nut in Goodyear, Arizona

76 months ago

Jan Erickson in Prior Lake, Minnesota said: I am Furious at Wells Fargo.!!!!!!!!!!
I am the Mother of a 23 year female old who has/had been employed by Wells Fargo since January..She recently had a Medical emergency and
after an overnight in the ER had to have have surgery. She unfortunately had been on a written warning for having missed
work, This illness lead up to this "warning". The cause of all the missed work.
She Had NO CHOICE!!!!!
about this surgery it was urgent that she have it and they fired her!!!
She has Plenty of documentation that this was a Non-Negotiable surgery.
And they are equating it to other absent workers with sick children or whatever. "Not able to play favoritism" excuse me?
I am sorry but the two do not compare! An Ill child could be tended to by either parent or another relative.
She could not have had some one else have the surgery for her! Or put it of for a weekend or holiday. She was told she can dispute it but she believes it would be pointless.
I am planning to ruffles some feathers over this I CAN NOT BELIEVE IT! But to Who? The State Of Minnesota Unemployment?
I doubt with such a large company it will do any good.
I have not told her I am stepping in -- and I don't care if
I should be MYOB it is so unfair it is outrageous.

Check with your state Bureau of Labor and Industries. If your state doesn't have an agency under this name it should have another that serves the same purpose. You can also try the U.S. Department of Labor. If you don't get any where there go to your State banking regulatory body or your State Attorney General and check into what it takes to file a complaint.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

abc in Saint Paul, Minnesota

25 months ago

I realize you are furious, but your daughter wasn't fired due to her surgury. Attendance policies are in place to keep people at work. Had your daughter not already had attendance issues, she would still be employed. If they bend the rules for one person, they would be set up for a lawsuit waiting to happen. No, I do not work for Wells Fargo, but every company I have has an attendance policy that is similar and have had to let people go when they are at the final warning point and have an emergency.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

def in Minneapolis MN in Lakeville, Minnesota

6 months ago

abc in Saint Paul, Minnesota said: I realize you are furious, but your daughter wasn't fired due to her surgury. Attendance policies are in place to keep people at work. Had your daughter not already had attendance issues, she would still be employed. If they bend the rules for one person, they would be set up for a lawsuit waiting to happen. No, I do not work for Wells Fargo, but every company I have has an attendance policy that is similar and have had to let people go when they are at the final warning point and have an emergency.

This is NOT correct, I was told after being out for 4 days I would receive a written warning due to being out with a severe case of Bronchitis, bordering on Pnuemonia. I have a suppressed immune system and cannot fight these things off. I have no previous warnings or issues.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dontbelieveit in Crazyhorse, Indiana

6 months ago

To me, it's all intimidation tactics. They KNOW someone can't go to work when they are that sick or have surgery. They KNOW people get sick.
It sounds like they are just trying to find a reason to get rid of someone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.