How to get a job at Weyerhaeuser.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

Do you work at Weyerhaeuser? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

glenn wilson in Aberdeen, Washington

86 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Weyerhaeuser? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

from a friend who work there like to move out to aberdeen wa and work for weyerhaeuser there.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

Al in Camarillo, California

85 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Weyerhaeuser? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Actually Weyerhauser lays off long term employees when they are close to retirement.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

D in Chicago, Illinois

83 months ago

I would hold off trying to work for Weyerhaeuser for about a year. Used to work for Domtar Inc, which merged with Weyerhaeuser back in March of 2007. Currently they are closing plants all over the world, about 6000 people will lose their job due to merger. All the dust should settle in about a year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

none in Camarillo, California

83 months ago

My husband started working for WEYERHAUSER COMPANY 38 years ago and was just laid off for no reason. He gave his life to them and this is how they treat their long term employees-- WY has the reputation of laying off employees that are close to retirement. My husband is 58 years old and worked hard for the company 38 years always had good reviews.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ELC in Harrisburg, Illinois

81 months ago

Weyerhaeuser's iLevel - They are losing money big time; selling assets to cover themselves.

Weyerhaeuser's debt has been downgraded. At top level they are changing the company to an REIT.

Not a company you want to work for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rachel Bowman in Kansas City, Missouri

79 months ago

I will like to apply for a production position with your company I have 10 years in production you may contact me at (912)224-6013

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.