Whole Foods Market Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Whole Foods Market?

What do you like best about working at Whole Foods Market? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

What the Eff? in Austin, Texas

88 months ago

16K for a full time job in the Northeast? Are the Whole Foods people out of their frickin' minds?!?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (94) / No (28) Reply - Report abuse

timeyoutake in Cambridge

84 months ago

Benefits were reduced in the past few years, and employee reviews do not happen like clockwork. The employee has to initiate them, and then attempt to get the manager to make the time to have them.

I hope that those of you in Boulder, Colorado, have a better experience with Whole Foods than we have here in the Northeast.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

fatnsassy in California, California

56 months ago

Frantasia in Boulder, Colorado said: WFM starting hourly for full time is about 20% above grocery industry average. For an inexperienced worker that's 8 to 9 dollars per hour. 20% store discount for employees and family members. The benefits package can be viewed on WFM's website www.wholefoodsmarket.com/ under the careers heading. There is also a stock option plan for all employees.

Is Whole Foods Market a good place to work? Do they care about their team members like they say they do? If you believe this to be true, then please explain why Whole Foods Market in Santa Barbara just did a large lay-off, no warning, no notice, no severence, nothing. These were very hard working individuals that gave 110% to help open this store on 10/7/09, they support families, have mortgages, bills and WHAM right before benefits were going to kick, they kicked them to the curb with nothing but an "I'm sorry..."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (64) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Cole in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

32 months ago

Ok, so here is the deal. I use to work at WFs part time for 4 years. I recently left when I was told by a co-worker that my ATL(asst manager) said he wouldn't let me get full time and that he didn't like me. He also admitted to making things hard for me at work because he had the power to do so. I told store leadership, they did an investigation but nothing ever happened. NOTHING!!!! I left because I needed full time work and it was offered to people who was there less than a year. I was there for 4 years and was making 14.75/hr and was never offered full time. Now, I did love working at WFs, it is like no other place to work for, but the do have a power structure that is not favorable to Team Members. If someone in a Leadership position doesn't like you, you are doomed. I recently applied at a new store and was told I would be making 10 an hour and that my past experience accounted for nothing. When I first started at Whole Foods the starting rate was 12-14 hour depending on department and experience. Whole Foods in a corporation focused on making a profit like all corporation. Employees are just a means to an end and are not a real source of profit. When I first started there this was not the case, but now it is. If you need a job you could do worst, but it will take awhile before you will make 11 a hr. They don't like giving reviews like they use to and you have to be willing to kill yourself for them to give you a nice raise. They say team memeber happiness is important to them. No! Like I said if you NEED a job you could do worst.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

nick in Somerville, Massachusetts

32 months ago

^ I've been looking to work there full time in both Boston and New York. They almost *never* post full time positions. They're either filled internally, or they never existed at all, or they cancel them due to "market conditions." So apparently, they either have wicked low turnover, or they do most of their hiring internally.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.