Which agency would you nominate for the Razzie Award?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (17)

Motor City in Farmington Hills, Michigan

42 months ago

The Razzie Award is for the worst Picture, Actor, Actress etc in the movies, if there was a catagory for the worst Employment Agency who would you vote for?

Robert Half / Office Team
Aerotek
Ajilon
Appleone

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nanlisa in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania

42 months ago

It's hard to say.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kim in Chicago, Illinois

42 months ago

I would have to vote for Office Team. They post many jobs on a daily basis, and when you go in and register they offer you absolutely nothing that fits your background. Then they will call you and say that the I-9 forms expire every 6 months and they shred them. They just want you to come in again and find out if you have any new contacts and references to supply them. I checked into the I-9's and they are valid for 3 years. When I was at my last job, they only asked me to fill it out when I started and never again and I worked there for 10 years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

nevadaexile in Grand Rapids, Michigan

42 months ago

I would nominate Aerotek for a Razzie.
In ten years of them contacting me, they have landed me one interview in person.
And that was for a contract job at an aluminum foundry that was closing.
Bad company that seems to change recruiters DAILY.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

tired in Lewisville, North Carolina

42 months ago

Agree, Aerotek deserves a Razzie.
They can't seem to keep anybody on their own staff – I'll get contacted by one of their recruiters, then hear nothing, then when I call back to inquire I'm told that person is no longer with them and that I need to fill out all of their paperwork over again. This has happened so many times I've lost count.

Another Aerotek true story. I was working as a project manager when our (useless) HR guy dumped an Aerotek recruiter on me. The Aerotek guy had suckered our HR guy into letting him come in and try to sell services. I told the Aerotek guy that I was NOT a hiring manager but he insisted on asking that IF I was a hiring manager, what kinds of qualifications would a candidate need? I gave him a general taste. A couple days later while checking job advertisements (I wasn’t happy at that company) I found an Aerotek job advertisement that stated everything that I’d disclosed. I got a friend to answer the ad, and Aerotek claimed that they could place him into that job immediately! Of course they couldn’t, since it didn’t exist, but it proves that some recruiters – particularly at Aerotek – make up the jobs that they advertise.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

41 months ago

I think I'll go with Aerotek too. About fifteen years ago, as part of their application process, they were asking me who my supervisors were at each of my jobs. I also said that most companies are going to tell you to contact Human Resources, but the guy I talked to said that Human Resources won't give them the information that they need.

Don't they understand and realize that companies have employment verification policies in place? Are they trying to violate those policies and something?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

41 months ago

Except for Stivers, I think that most staffing agencies deserve the Razzie Award.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Smith in Schaumburg, Illinois

41 months ago

When I first registered with Aerotek they told me that they were very confident that they could help me. They other staff would call from other offices and told me that they could not find my references and to sent them again. I asked them if they had any jobs at the moment and he said that he would have to check the "Board" and call me back, well he never did call back, he was only interested in my information. Scumbag.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Doo in Huntington Beach, California

41 months ago

I was told to contact Aerotek by a friend in an overseas position. Recruiter told me he was excited to get me going asap. Told me to get my passport so I can leave. Now he is MIA and I am down 200 from a passport that I seemingly do not need, since its such a friggin secret to support our fighting men and women overseas. I find it hard to believe that people who worked in Wal-Mart oil change bays have more experience than someone who has been working on internal combustion engines all his life. It is extremely upsetting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jobless in Chicago, Illinois

30 months ago

OfficeTeam, RobertHalf, Accountemps

They want you to work for peanuts. If you are willing to accept a lower wage, you can showcase your skills to the client. They markup the rates for the clients, and if they complain RobertHalf will pull the candidate from the position, instead of training a new person, the client will want that candidate back and RobertHalf will increase the rate to the client, but the candidate will not get more money. They always will have a lobby full of candidates waiting, makes it look like they are always busy. When you call in to talk to the recruiter who first called you and you met with, the call always has to go through their assistant even when you told the receptionist who you want to speak to and who you are. So if that recruiter doesn't want to talk to you the assisant tells you that they are in a meeting or on the phone.

Parafreegal in Chicago, Illinois

30 months ago

All recruiters work like that, jobless.

Robert Half is the worst, in my opinion. They constantly run fake ads on this and other sites. I see the same 10-12 ads per day on here in my field posted by Robert Half. You'd think the economy is booming based on Robert Half ads. But I'm sure they are all baseless ads just to get you in to sign up. I'd never appear in their office to sign up. Never.

Sal in Salt Lake City, Utah

30 months ago

Aerotek is my pick. They had quite a few in the waiting room to talk to the recruiter who was someone who was under 30. They are hard to reach when you want to check in for work. They were the first one to call me when I was out of work. Then a few months later a different recruiter would call and want me to talk about each job that I had on my resume. Then they started to email their contact info and tell me to send references per company policy they cannot present me without them. I have explained to one of them that I already submitted that to them when I saw the first recruiter, but this guy said that he is from another office and is just reading from the screen and cannot see any. The last one that called started out with walk me through a typical day at your last position, and I asked to discuss the jobs they had and are calling me about, and he said that he had to check the job board and call me back. Guess he wasn't prepared for that question. I am getting sick and tired of explaining the jobs I had to an agency that should have that information on file. I just get right to the point, as that going over the jobs is just sweet talk to get what they really want.

nick in Boston, Massachusetts

30 months ago

Does anybody else get hounded by especially insurance companies, because they put their resume on Careerbuilder?

Sorry, but there's something fishy about an employer who *calls me* in this economy, over and over, despite my saying that I wasn't interested before to a live person. I don't want to sell life insurance. I don't want you hounding everyone I know. I know why it is that no one wants to work for you. TYVM.

Kim in Chicago, Illinois

30 months ago

I keep getting emails from AFLAC. They tell me that they want me to come to their office and give me 2 choices to come in. They tell me to respond via emails as the person is always in and out of the office. If it isn't one person/location it is another. Tells you that they can't get anyone to work for them. What they are trying to do is get you to sell insurance, but you have to go downstate to take classes and YOU have to pay for getting down there and for the license. I am not sure if it is all commission or not, but it can't be good if they are looking for people every week.

Bluetea in Texas

30 months ago

nick in Boston, Massachusetts said: Does anybody else get hounded by especially insurance companies, because they put their resume on Careerbuilder?

Sorry, but there's something fishy about an employer who *calls me* in this economy, over and over, despite my saying that I wasn't interested before to a live person. I don't want to sell life insurance. I don't want you hounding everyone I know. I know why it is that no one wants to work for you. TYVM.

Careerbuilder is the worst for this unless you want to sell life insurance or vacuum cleaners door-to-door. I took my resume off of them long ago.

Adam - Aerotek Representative in Hanover, Maryland

30 months ago

Sal in Salt Lake City, Utah said: Aerotek is my pick. They had quite a few in the waiting room to talk to the recruiter who was someone who was under 30. They are hard to reach when you want to check in for work. They were the first one to call me when I was out of work. Then a few months later a different recruiter would call and want me to talk about each job that I had on my resume. Then they started to email their contact info and tell me to send references per company policy they cannot present me without them. I have explained to one of them that I already submitted that to them when I saw the first recruiter, but this guy said that he is from another office and is just reading from the screen and cannot see any. The last one that called started out with walk me through a typical day at your last position, and I asked to discuss the jobs they had and are calling me about, and he said that he had to check the job board and call me back. Guess he wasn't prepared for that question. I am getting sick and tired of explaining the jobs I had to an agency that should have that information on file. I just get right to the point, as that going over the jobs is just sweet talk to get what they really want.

Sal, Thanks for you feedback and please know that Aerotek strives for excellent customer service throughout the organization. We are interested in knowing more details about your interaction with Aerotek so that we are able to provide a better experience moving forward.

Please e-mail servicecomplaint@aerotek.com with details regarding where/who you worked with, what case your less than satisfactory experience, and what you think we can do to better our operation.

Thank you and we really appreciate your reply!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lee in Elk Grove Village, Illinois

30 months ago

Adam getting the Razzie Award is an honor! Adam Sandler received it this year and people still go to see his movies. Just like Aerotek you lie and don't offer jobs, you are the same don't act like Sal is the only one who was been lied to for his previous jobs and references. You cannot present people unless you have a reference. When I have been on interviews they only ask for references AFTER the inteview and before an offer is to be made. Employers are tired of being called for references for every agency that a person registers at. Wake Up!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.